Retrofit cluster f80 on a 320i f30 2012/13 lost dct light and gear indicator blinkin

Hugolreis

Apr 16, 2024
I did the coding of the f80 cluster in my 320i f30 2012/13 and so that the Malfunction drivetrain message did not appear on the panel the code used disabled the light that indicates the DTC in sport + driving mode and after some tests the launch control indicator also no longer appears.

After a few months with the encoded cluster I chose to buy the emulator that sells on ebay, which the seller reported that it did not work on the bmw 2013, but as my car had the modules all updated (except or DEM) the emulator works "normally" only the D1/1... and other "gears" flash when the expensive stops or stays in the same gear for longer. Another thing that didn't even work with coding and with the emulator was the shiftlight in the rpm and the next gear indicator. Does anyone know why the same code does not work on a "updated" 2013 320i and works on newer ones?

M3F80

May 21, 2024
I've been in the same position as you mate, I've been looking endlessly for someone to make the shift lights work as well as the gears but I finally managed to get mine up and working and couldn't be more pleased. Hopefully this helps someone else as its clearly not a common retrofit hence not much information available online!

So, turns out whoever coded it previously for me didn't know what they were doing... ANYWAY long story short found a guy in the forums, dropped him a message on Whatsapp and turns out he can do it remotely! I wanted to meet up with him in person as i wasn't too keen on remotely so I took a risk and went all the way to London and he managed to sort it all within half an hour!

That's his contact details if anyone is in the same position as me.
+44 7398936603

Overall happy with the outcome

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-05-21 at 8.28.17 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-05-21 at 8.28.17 PM.jpeg
    57.6 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: Hugolreis

Hugolreis

Apr 16, 2024
I've been in the same position as you mate, I've been looking endlessly for someone to make the shift lights work as well as the gears but I finally managed to get mine up and working and couldn't be more pleased. Hopefully this helps someone else as its clearly not a common retrofit hence not much information available online!

So, turns out whoever coded it previously for me didn't know what they were doing... ANYWAY long story short found a guy in the forums, dropped him a message on Whatsapp and turns out he can do it remotely! I wanted to meet up with him in person as i wasn't too keen on remotely so I took a risk and went all the way to London and he managed to sort it all within half an hour!

That's his contact details if anyone is in the same position as me.
+44 7398936603

Overall happy with the outcome
Thank you! I'm going to send him a message