I picked up a really clean (aside from the obvious dent) 2014 535i at IAA. It has just 14k on it and I liked the color combination, options. Alpine white on Cinnamon brown. It was wrecked Nov'15 and had been sitting in insurance limbo since. Finally two weeks ago a date was set and I was excited, hoping I could win it. The day came, auction ran and I was awarded the car with the high bid of $14,700 :happyanim: A few pictures from the USAA/IAA auction: Unloading at my house the following day: Sitting "pretty" in my garage: I got the car home so late the first day I didn't do anything to it besides charging the battery and replacing the Battery Safety Terminal which had detonated when the airbags deployed. Upon doing so electrical was 100% except the expected driver/passenger restraint system warnings on iDrive, along with a few headlight & PDC errors (duh) The following day I picked up an OE BMW LCI MSport front bumper with minor scuffs on it, Alpine White to boot... for $75 from a friend. That evening when I got home from work I systematically dismantled the front of the car, culling all of the broken plastic and bent impact structure. As I had hoped from the auction photos there was no damage to the frame horns, or the inner structure up top. Just the lateral tie bars, and a wide array of plastic. The drivers side frame horn flange was bent over just a smidgen and easily pulled back flush with a little elbow grease. Strictly cosmetic that, and everything else looks great! Everything in the cooling system ate it in the accident, except the intercooler with survived unscathed. Friday evening the plastic cooling module that holds the cooling system, along with the radiator/condenser was replaced with used units from a parts car at work. I should mention I work in the automotive salvage industry, so a lot of parts are available to me from our own inventory which is great, but I still will have to buy a lot of the stuff new due to not having it available, or wanting nicer/cleaner stuff. This morning I started assembling the aluminum impact beam with the foam cover, new intake shroud w/ C02 shutter option (how neat) , various plastic things, headlight brackets, hood latches, etc. It all then bolts onto the frame horns as a unit. It lined up with no fuss, assuring me again that the car suffered no physical damage to the unibody. The remaining upper tie bars etc bolted right on easily as well. The front PDC harness was cut in the accident, just 3 wires. These were easily repaired by cutting the jacket back on each wire, soldering, heatshrinking, then covering with OE BMW loom tape for a seamless repair. The other front nose harness on the other hand fared much worse I'm afraid. It got mushed between the headlight and upper impact beam, literally tearing it a new one :lol: Again each wire was carefully striped back, soldered, heatshrunk, and taped up with OE BMW loom tape. I could have bought this harness new for about $100 but it wasn't that big of a deal to repair it so why not.