335i MMP Inlet & CSF Radiator Caveat

Discussion in '3-Series' started by matreyia, May 23, 2017.

Trader History (0)
  1. Jeffman

Jeffman Sergeant

Completely reasonable. I'd do the same.
    Q: where does the DME/TCU measure transmission temp? So when monitoring trans temps where is it being measured?

2. matreyia

matreyia Corporal

335i e93
    I have no idea. I just use MHD monitor to observe ATF temps.

3. Jeffman

Jeffman Sergeant

Awesome job, Mat. Clear winner!
    3 questions:
    1. I don't see the bracket holding up the core, but I do see zip ties...
    2. Could you please supply your parts list (here or pm me). I really want to replicate your setup (imitation is the highest form of flattery)
    3. Good job on the wheel well vent. But the air flow would seem kind of restrictive. Or does the spinning front wheel close to the vent create a net negative pressure there which helps to pull air through the core?

Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
  4. matreyia

matreyia Corporal

335i e93
    1. There is no bracket, just heavy duty zip ties and strategically drilled holes to anchor them. That thing won't even budge.
    2. It would take me forever to find the part numbers...I am not in the practice of keeping receipts or memorizing things...although I definitely should. There are so many parts it would take a very long time. And since I had no guide, I went through many test fittings so I may end up giving you wrong item IDs.
    3. So far so good on the flow. When on the highway, temps are 175º to 180 in 95º ambient. But if stuck in traffic...it could rise to 200º or a little higher...thus I am installing a fan soon.

Will upload when all is done and verified working.

5. Jeffman

Jeffman Sergeant

Thanks Mat.