335xi - Build Thread & Suggestions

Snelson3003

Sergeant
Nov 7, 2016
Denver
www.nelsonracingwheel.com
Ride
2010 BMW 135i
16PSI dipping into the 50's on 93oct is starting to show its weakness.

The stage 2 LPFP is adequate up to about E65ish but if you have plans on Port Injection you would want to bite the bullet and go stage 3.

I have the stage 2 pump and on E60 mixes it will sometimes dip into the high 50's. I know if i add PI to that I will need to buy yet another pump stage 3.

Reactions: doublespaces

Snelson3003

Sergeant
Nov 7, 2016
Denver
Ride
2010 BMW 135i
If you plan to hit 550whp+ then the stage 3 pump is a MUST.

BUT if you are like me and are kinda content with 500whp Stage 2 is perfect.

I am slowly getting the "i need more power now" bug so i may be parting ways with my stage 2. But that wont happen until spring 2017 since my car is now parked for winter. - Colorado snow has started :(

Snelson3003

Sergeant
Nov 7, 2016
Denver
Ride
2010 BMW 135i
If the Direct Port Meth comes out and is blown motor free for the first few months ill buy that. If not then i will probably buy a new manifold and go Direct Port E85.

But I the throttle body injection is about a 550whp setup.

MooreOfDerek I will be excited to see your build come along :)

Nov 14, 2016
North Wilkesboro
If the Direct Port Meth comes out and is blown motor free for the first few months ill buy that. If not then i will probably buy a new manifold and go Direct Port E85.

But I the throttle body injection is about a 550whp setup.

MooreOfDerek I will be excited to see your build come along :)
Truly can't thank you enough for being part of the journey. I grew up dreaming about the opportunity and I can now do so! #lifeGoals

Reactions: ATL-IS-N54
Nov 14, 2016
North Wilkesboro
@MooreOfDerek i know you said its a long build but now is a really good time to get mods you can save a ton of money with all the Black Friday deals
Haha, I would love to get some fun stuff from you guys but... I have to get some xmas stuff, and get some bills paid off. So, Car progress is going to a halt for a couple months. but.. I would love to look into what all you guys offer :p

Mike @ XPH

Sergeant
Platinum Vendor
Nov 18, 2016
Las Vegas
Haha, I would love to get some fun stuff from you guys but... I have to get some xmas stuff, and get some bills paid off. So, Car progress is going to a halt for a couple months. but.. I would love to look into what all you guys offer :p

HAHA completely understand bills first for all of us

Nov 14, 2016
North Wilkesboro
That's thru enthusiasm... People willing to go into debt over cars/modding are the TRU enthusiasts ;) lol
You have no idea, I started with a 530xi... As soon as the finances were good went to a 335xi. 2 weeks later (After basic maintenance Oil, Sparks, Plugs, etc) Bought JB4 and DCI, then programmed my TCU with the Alpina b3 software. Still spending probably 1-200$ a week on my car.
This week: Stage 2 LPFP
Last Week: Full set of tires and new pads
Week Before: Refreshed Shocks/Struts
Week Before that: MHD Backend Flashed
Probably more but.. Don't feel like adding up the total to realize how bad my addiction is xD

Cheezy

Lieutenant
Nov 7, 2016
Toledo Ohio
You have no idea, I started with a 530xi... As soon as the finances were good went to a 335xi. 2 weeks later (After basic maintenance Oil, Sparks, Plugs, etc) Bought JB4 and DCI, then programmed my TCU with the Alpina b3 software. Still spending probably 1-200$ a week on my car.
This week: Stage 2 LPFP
Last Week: Full set of tires and new pads
Week Before: Refreshed Shocks/Struts
Week Before that: MHD Backend Flashed
Probably more but.. Don't feel like adding up the total to realize how bad my addiction is xD

Haha I know the feeling, after I bought my 335 I spent about $500 the first month and then 1600 the next month. Now it's calmed down to just a couple hundred a month, trying to save for big mods

Reactions: doublespaces

ATL-IS-N54

Sergeant
Nov 20, 2016
ATL ga
I bought the car from
Dealer in August, and within a couple weeks had 7k+ in bolt ons tuning and labor to do so... Ftw! lol