335xi - Build Thread & Suggestions

Nov 14, 2016
North Wilkesboro
Update:
Installed the FUEL-IT Stage 2 LPFP

Installation was a breeze.. In all honesty I had a harder time installing Lower Control Arms than this!

FP_L is staying at a good level! Looks like we are back healthy on logs!

Going to order ER Chargepipe + Tial BOV and an upgraded intercooler.

With that being said, suggestions on intercoolers? :D

ATL-IS-N54

Sergeant
Nov 20, 2016
ATL ga
The helix is very efficient from numbers I've seen... The Dinan (which I have) is a modified spearco with cowl and more pressure drop/air flow slowed down, so is a more efficient spearco... ETS, VRSF, come next on MY list... There aren't any good tests with any constant variables that provide good useful data for comparison... People have put numbers up but like I said the constants and controls are not proper for "science" sake... Idk how much the helix is... But then you gotta consider radiator overlap on some of these...

Helix or Dinan... Dinans are way less than they used to be btw

Nov 14, 2016
North Wilkesboro
The helix is very efficient from numbers I've seen... The Dinan (which I have) is a modified spearco with cowl and more pressure drop/air flow slowed down, so is a more efficient spearco... ETS, VRSF, come next on MY list... There aren't any good tests with any constant variables that provide good useful data for comparison... People have put numbers up but like I said the constants and controls are not proper for "science" sake... Idk how much the helix is... But then you gotta consider radiator overlap on some of these...

Helix or Dinan... Dinans are way less than they used to be btw
Awesome, I will totally look into Helix..

I checked out their site and they're on backorder :c but, I am going to look into reviews see who all is running what and see what all I can find. How much gains should I expect from an upgraded IC? I see people posting they gained up to 25hp and even some saying 30... I'm not sure how much I trust that but.. I am curious :p

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Ade fmic. Helix nor dinan are involved in our platform they just sell us shit. Ad engineering is much more involved. My vote goes to them.

ATL-IS-N54

Sergeant
Nov 20, 2016
ATL ga
The comparison I saw were not from numbers provided by any manufacturers, they were from test results posted on e90 post about FMIC efficiency... Again the tests could have had more constant controls and variables... and weren't done on same car, same conditions, same tune etc. But that's that... The efficiency was calculated using some formula that I'm not sure of either, but sparked a lively debate about FMIC efficiency... The post was called something like "is the Dinan FMIC worth the $?" Or something along those lines, dimitri from BQ tuning was very defensive about the "re engineered" spearco core / Dinan FMIC... Wether or not it's solid info... You decide... Nobody argued weather helix was at the top, it was mostly people saying that Dinan is not worth the $, altho since then they have come down a good bit in price... Here is the thread I got the questionable numbers from

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=659216

Nov 14, 2016
North Wilkesboro
The comparison I saw were not from numbers provided by any manufacturers, they were from test results posted on e90 post about FMIC efficiency... Again the tests could have had more constant controls and variables... and weren't done on same car, same conditions, same tune etc. But that's that... The efficiency was calculated using some formula that I'm not sure of either, but sparked a lively debate about FMIC efficiency... The post was called something like "is the Dinan FMIC worth the $?" Or something along those lines, dimitri from BQ tuning was very defensive about the "re engineered" spearco core / Dinan FMIC... Wether or not it's solid info... You decide... Nobody argued weather helix was at the top, it was mostly people saying that Dinan is not worth the $, altho since then they have come down a good bit in price... Here is the thread I got the questionable numbers from

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=659216
Hopefully I can get the VRSF FMIC :D if not.. I had planned on buying one anyways. :)

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Haha I know the feeling, after I bought my 335 I spent about $500 the first month and then 1600 the next month. Now it's calmed down to just a couple hundred a month, trying to save for big mods

@Cheezy This is the post which was down voted. It was down voted by me on accident haha. Guess I need to space out the buttons.

ATL-IS-N54

Sergeant
Nov 20, 2016
ATL ga
I'll say while monitoring values / stats during a 2 hour decently hard run yesterday, with the Dinan FMIC, I never had IATs above around 16F over ambient (45F)... Oil temp of ~230, turbos full spool every few seconds, speeds from 40-70mph (55avg)... While moving for a good amount of time IATs only were 10-12F over ambient... Having IATs of 55-65F, seemed pretty good... Considering what the stock FMIC did... Like 30-40F over ambient... Altho ambient temps probly make a big difference... Like
Running in 80-90F ambient probly isn't going to yield only 10-15 higher IATs, but that's just a guess

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Dang it! Haha I'm not too worried about it.

I already fixed it. Your record is perfect again :)

I took it upon myself to go view everyone one of your posts until I found out where it was. Shocked when I saw it was me haha

Reactions: Cheezy

Cheezy

Lieutenant
Nov 7, 2016
Toledo Ohio
Alright, I figured since this is a 335xi build thread it was fitting to ask here. Does anyone know the widest possible square setup to run on an e92 335xi? I was going to try to get away with 255 45 on 17×8.5 et40 but I heard the widest possible on the front is 245