Technical Apr 2020 update: Maintaining a 600awhp 335xi Pure Stage 2 - Long term- CAR FOR SALE NOW!!

Boosting4me

Lurker
Feb 4, 2017
Nice work! Solid numbers I'm curious on 1/4 trap speed I'm single turbo auto xi prob around same power

nomiezvr4

Lurker
Apr 24, 2017
Ride
3000GT
good stuff man! I've seen the progression of this car late in its stages and ive seen it in action personally..it moves out!!

Great balanced car all around with blazing speed and looks to with.!

Reactions: zmon1300

Pits200

Apr 11, 2017
Congrats on the 600whp goal, now enjoy that for awhile and shoot for 650 lol, it never ends.

Having awd is so love/hate. The worst is when you call 10 dynos and none are awd.

I really need to get back to one and see what mine can do again. Your car overall looks fantastic, let me know how things go when you make it to the track. I am not sure if I have the awd trap record but I ran a 132(can't remember if I rounded up or down) with gcs.

Jeffman

Major
Jan 7, 2017
Are these Pure Stage 2 High Flow turbos considered the gold standard?

I really like your build - a model for xi AWD owners like me. With such an investment of cash and time I'd want to do something like this, but with the most durable turbos; ones that'll last at least 60K miles like my stockers.

zmon1300

Corporal
Nov 3, 2016
Chicagoland
Ride
'10 335xi
Are these Pure Stage 2 High Flow turbos considered the gold standard?

I really like your build - a model for xi AWD owners like me. With such an investment of cash and time I'd want to do something like this, but with the most durable turbos; ones that'll last at least 60K miles like my stockers.
Pure stg2 HiFlow is the only upgraded TT option I would recommend.

zmon1300

Corporal
Nov 3, 2016
Chicagoland
Ride
'10 335xi
Congrats on the 600whp goal, now enjoy that for awhile and shoot for 650 lol, it never ends.

Having awd is so love/hate. The worst is when you call 10 dynos and none are awd.

I really need to get back to one and see what mine can do again. Your car overall looks fantastic, let me know how things go when you make it to the track. I am not sure if I have the awd trap record but I ran a 132(can't remember if I rounded up or down) with gcs.

Man after being around Dave, I am scared to go to the track lol . He blew up his front diff a couple of times back in the day, and atm the car is running great. Don't really wanna risk it lol. Roll racing FTW ;)

zmon1300

Corporal
Nov 3, 2016
Chicagoland
Ride
'10 335xi
what was wrong with the trans flash been reading a lot of bads on this trans flash, nice build btw

I have no idea what's wrong with it. It probably is my trans. If I am WOT and shift into 5th, it will kick me back into 4th until I let off, then it will go into 5th. Some people are saying I should get a trans cooler. xHP said they could try to fix it by sending me a customized tune specifically for my car. The thing is, this xHP flash is still very new to our cars, so it still needs to adjust and update and make better until all the issues are solved.

Reactions: slow_henry

Jeffman

Major
Jan 7, 2017
Trans flashes will take 100-200 miles of varied driving (up/down fills, fast/slow etc) to adapt. I really feel we AT guys need to tune the ECU and TCU together for best results.

tholte1

Aug 1, 2017
Ride
335i
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to document my build for my 335xi. Started out on stock turbos, blew them and went the Hexon route. That didn't work out ( turbos lasted 3 days :eek: ) . Then, talked to Jesse @pureturbos and got a set of Stage 2 HiFlow turbos.

Just got the car running. Its been about 3-ish weeks , and its running pretty good. Just tuning for 93 for now, and hoping to make 500 on the dyno just on pump and then will dip into E85 mixtures and all that stuff.

Mod List:
Pure Stage 2 HiFlow turbos
Precision Racewerks Inlets
Precision Racwerks DTM Headlight Ring kit
VRSF catless downpipes
AD-E 650hp FMIC
MHD flash only
KW V3 coilovers
Apex Arc8s w/ MPSS
LCI Tails
3.5MM blue vacuum lines
Motul 5w-40 oil
Peterson Oil catch can

Will update once all tuning stuff its straightened out and will be dyno'ing the car once we are good to go on 93 octane.

Thanks!
Z
View attachment 356

View attachment 348 View attachment 349 View attachment 350 View attachment 351 View attachment 352 View attachment 353 View attachment 354
How'd you get your headlights like that?

RSTECH

Lurker
Nov 28, 2016
New York
Nice, congratulations! What were your iat at the end of those dyno logs, and how much timing advance? Hope you can save the tranny and are able to go to the track at some point.

zmon1300

Corporal
Nov 3, 2016
Chicagoland
Ride
'10 335xi
Nice, congratulations! What were your iat at the end of those dyno logs, and how much timing advance? Hope you can save the tranny and are able to go to the track at some point.

IATs only increased maybe ~20ish degrees. The ADE FMIC is incredible thats for sure, so IATs were not so much of a worry. According to my logs the IATs increased 22 degrees with pretty much zero airflow lol. Timing was about 10-12* across the board. The track is def not on my list. I did a test hit couple of nights ago, launched about 3k rpm full boost, first gear was fine, shifted into second, then the trans kicked back into first, and I just let off. No point. I know the trans is on its way out. But If I launch maybe at 1800rpm and let off to maybe half throttle between shifts, it holds fine.

Reactions: Jeffman

zmon1300

Corporal
Nov 3, 2016
Chicagoland
Ride
'10 335xi
Quick update:

Car has been running good. Had some issues with leaky pi injectors but got those warrantied out thanks to @PRECISON RACEWORKS and @MMP for being patient with me. School has started and just been crazy busy with that stuff. Anyways, I got my AD PCV valve installed. Thank you @AD-ENG for making a solid pcv solution that is easy and effective. I ran my pcv hose and flapper straight to my catch can because its a vented catch can. So that went well. My passenger side headlight got some water in it after I washed my car so my headlight bulb went out, the PR rings are fine, just the factory oem bulb went out, so waiting on PR to release the new design so I can upgrade those as well.

Lately, Ive been having a weird misfire issue. So I went out racing, ( will post vids later ) doing normal roll racing, did some datalogging as well and car felt great. Logs looked good too. Got home, all is well. Went to bed, next morning , turned on my car, and felt it idle like crap. Weird. check codes. 30A0 - DME: ignition coil, cylinder 1, activation. Hmm, so I pulled the plug and it looked fine. The wire was seated properly on the plug so I was stuck on what could have went wrong. Put dielectric grease on the inside of the wire and ensured my gap was .023 and re-installed. Same code. Same crappy idle. Pulled it apart then, switched wire to cyl 2. Re-installed everything, start up car, check codes, still cylinder 1. So talked to robert, and new coil should be arriving today. This could be the first coil to ever go bad on the PR ignition system. I even did a compression test and all cylinders were 180. So gotta be something else. Will replace coil tonight and report back. Hopefully that fixes the issue. I wonder how it went bad because I really don't think 600awhp should be making coils go bad especially the PR ones.

To be continued...
Z

Reactions: doublespaces

Jeffman

Major
Jan 7, 2017
The wire was seated properly on the plug so I was stuck on what could have went wrong. Put dielectric grease on the inside of the wire and ensured my gap was .023 and re-installed. Same code. Same crappy idle. Pulled it apart then, switched wire to cyl 2. Re-installed everything, start up car, check codes, still cylinder 1.
Z
Hey Z, If you moved the problem coil to cylinder 2 why didn't you get a misfire on cylinder 2? Wouldn't getting the misfire still on cylinder 1 suggest the coil is fine and something other than the coil is the problem?

Cheezy

Lieutenant
Nov 7, 2016
Toledo Ohio
Hey Z, If you moved the problem coil to cylinder 2 why didn't you get a misfire on cylinder 2? Wouldn't getting the misfire still on cylinder 1 suggest the coil is fine and something other than the coil is the problem?
In my understanding it sounds like he moved the coil wire, not the coil itself.