Actual shock symptoms...

• Login or Register, members don't see Ads!
  • Tip: You can toggle the Dark Theme at the bottom of the page

ShocknAwe

Lieutenant
Jan 24, 2018
SC
Turner's kit enables you to either raise your shock position by 7.5mm or lower it by 4.5mm. 7.5mm is like 1/3 of an inch so it is actually decent. $90 per side.
Well so there's a point... I wonder how much increased travel is ideal under lowered suspension geometry. Dinan RSM grants an additional 10mm travel.

Torgus

Captain
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Well so there's a point... I wonder how much increased travel is ideal under lowered suspension geometry. Dinan RSM grants an additional 10mm travel.
This? https://www.dinancars.com/product/d110-0008-rear-upper-shock-mount-kit-10mm-for-bmw-325i-328i-330i-335i-335is-2/

SKU: D110-0008
The 10mm Rear Upper Shock Mounts replace the stock mounts and increase shock travel by 10mm for improved ride quality and performance. <-- Looks very close to stock, I assume then just make a bushing or two smaller to get that 10mm/0.4'' more travel?

I would think the more suspension travel the better as there is more time to dampen because the strut is longer. For instance would you like your shock to dampen over 6 inch or 12 inches? I could be wrong of course. Suspensions are not my strong suit. @[email protected]

You think would be upgrade over the gc kit
GC being ground control? I was not aware they made rear mounts for our struts? Link?

7mm or 1/3 of an inch is still pretty small. Obviously while in there do it but not sure if it would be worth the upgrade alone.

ShocknAwe

Lieutenant
Jan 24, 2018
SC
This? https://www.dinancars.com/product/d110-0008-rear-upper-shock-mount-kit-10mm-for-bmw-325i-328i-330i-335i-335is-2/

The 10mm Rear Upper Shock Mounts replace the stock mounts and increase shock travel by 10mm for improved ride quality and performance. <-- Looks very close to stock, I assume then just make a bushing or two smaller to get that 10mm/0.4'' more travel?

I would think the more suspension travel the better as there is more time to dampen because the strut is longer. For instance would you like your shock to dampen over 6 inch or 12 inches? I could be wrong of course. Suspensions are not my strong suit. @[email protected]
Thats the one. I have run it for probably 50k miles. Was still in good shape when I redid my rears from TCK non-M konis to YCW M rear dampers. I can attest that it is indeed shorter. I didn't measure it and the OE RSM is a huge marshmallow.

matreyia

Captain
Apr 19, 2017

GC being ground control? I was not aware they made rear mounts for our struts? Link?

7mm or 1/3 of an inch is still pretty small. Obviously while in there do it but not sure if it would be worth the upgrade alone.
On the stock mounts, the koni yellow set at middle firmness was not an issue for me. So if this new mount says additional 7.3 mm is going to help ride quality...I will be curious to see what I can feel. Should have a review by mid October...have to film on location next week in Denver.

• 1Like
Reactions: Torgus

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.