Actual shock symptoms...

ShocknAwe

Captain
Jan 24, 2018
Charleston, SC
Ride
N54/3 1er ///Mutt
Turner's kit enables you to either raise your shock position by 7.5mm or lower it by 4.5mm. 7.5mm is like 1/3 of an inch so it is actually decent. $90 per side.

Well so there's a point... I wonder how much increased travel is ideal under lowered suspension geometry. Dinan RSM grants an additional 10mm travel.

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
Well so there's a point... I wonder how much increased travel is ideal under lowered suspension geometry. Dinan RSM grants an additional 10mm travel.

This? https://www.dinancars.com/product/d...kit-10mm-for-bmw-325i-328i-330i-335i-335is-2/

SKU: D110-0008
The 10mm Rear Upper Shock Mounts replace the stock mounts and increase shock travel by 10mm for improved ride quality and performance. <-- Looks very close to stock, I assume then just make a bushing or two smaller to get that 10mm/0.4'' more travel?

I would think the more suspension travel the better as there is more time to dampen because the strut is longer. For instance would you like your shock to dampen over 6 inch or 12 inches? I could be wrong of course. Suspensions are not my strong suit. @barry@3DM

You think would be upgrade over the gc kit

GC being ground control? I was not aware they made rear mounts for our struts? Link?

7mm or 1/3 of an inch is still pretty small. Obviously while in there do it but not sure if it would be worth the upgrade alone.

ShocknAwe

Captain
Jan 24, 2018
Charleston, SC
Ride
N54/3 1er ///Mutt
This? https://www.dinancars.com/product/d...kit-10mm-for-bmw-325i-328i-330i-335i-335is-2/

The 10mm Rear Upper Shock Mounts replace the stock mounts and increase shock travel by 10mm for improved ride quality and performance. <-- Looks very close to stock, I assume then just make a bushing or two smaller to get that 10mm/0.4'' more travel?

I would think the more suspension travel the better as there is more time to dampen because the strut is longer. For instance would you like your shock to dampen over 6 inch or 12 inches? I could be wrong of course. Suspensions are not my strong suit. @barry@3DM

Thats the one. I have run it for probably 50k miles. Was still in good shape when I redid my rears from TCK non-M konis to YCW M rear dampers. I can attest that it is indeed shorter. I didn't measure it and the OE RSM is a huge marshmallow.

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93

GC being ground control? I was not aware they made rear mounts for our struts? Link?

7mm or 1/3 of an inch is still pretty small. Obviously while in there do it but not sure if it would be worth the upgrade alone.

On the stock mounts, the koni yellow set at middle firmness was not an issue for me. So if this new mount says additional 7.3 mm is going to help ride quality...I will be curious to see what I can feel. Should have a review by mid October...have to film on location next week in Denver.

Reactions: Torgus

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
OK... Top Rear Turner Billet Shock Mounts review: Meh... I can't tell anything. There is definitely increased NVH on specific road textures, but quite otherwise. Performance wise, I have not noticed anything. Unlike the lower Turner shock mounts which I could tell there was a slight improvement in shock performance and car stability.

IMO, the upper mounts are a waste of money. If you had to pick, get the lower mounts.

• Informative
Reactions: Torgus

Panzerfaust

Lieutenant
Jul 3, 2018
Chicago
Ride
E92 335i
OK... Top Rear Turner Billet Shock Mounts review: Meh... I can't tell anything. There is definitely increased NVH on specific road textures, but quite otherwise. Performance wise, I have not noticed anything. Unlike the lower Turner shock mounts which I could tell there was a slight improvement in shock performance and car stability.

IMO, the upper mounts are a waste of money. If you had to pick, get the lower mounts.
I've been running both sets of mounts since they came out, I did install them at the same time as fitting drag shocks on the car but I personally feel the whole setup is worth it, especially since I talked to Barry before settling on that setup.

I wanted to increase shock travel as much as possible for hard launches, and the car properly squats and sticks the power to the ground now. Having monoballs in both positions not only allows for more travel, but stops the shocks from ever binding up due to both ends now always articulating in the same/proper way. Barry was also of the mind that the lower mounts being monoball would be far superior for maintaining the rear suspension geometry than using an eyelet or M3 style mount FWIW. I definitely agree with you on the NVH though - mostly not noticeable and the increased shock travel is nice, but on certain roads having solid mounts can obviously be slightly detrimental to ride comfort. I too have upgraded, solid spherical toe arms though which certainly increase NVH over the stock setup so without those the NVH may be less.