ADE Rear Drag Suspension Kit

AD-ENG

Corporal
Oct 22, 2016
20161208_155123.jpg

ADE BMW Double Adjustable Rear Drag Shock Kit (135/335 E-Series)
$649.00

The ADE BMW Rear Drag Shock Kit is a must have for any 335 or 135 wanting to dig race. The kit is centered around a pair of Strange Engineering double adjustable drag shocks that allow you to independently dial compression AND rebound. Modified upper bushing and ADE lower bracket makes this a straight bolt-on kit; no modifications needed.

Included:
(2) Strange Engineering Double Adjustable Drag Shocks
(2) ADE Lower Mounting Brackets with hardware
(2) ADE Modified Upper mounting bushings

http://www.ad-eng.net/store/p40/ADE...e_Rear_Drag_Shock_Kit_(135/335_E-Series).html

R.G.

Lieutenant
Nov 17, 2016
Henderson, NV
Ride
E92 335, F10 M5
This is huge. Pricing a double adjustable full kit will cost at minimum $3K. For high hp/tq applications wanting to dial in squirmy straight line rear end acceleration, both from a dig and roll, this allows it. Also a solid mount bushing replacement like the one included is easily 25% of the entire set up offered. Well done guys!!

Picking out some ideal spring rates and I'll be picking these up for the winter refresh. Can't wait.

Edit*

Just noticed you guys ditched the squishy foam upper mounts with what looks like solid rubber. One less part needed :cool:

Was planning on buying and trimming a similar set. Definitely looks like these can be trimmed just the same.

Last edited:

Bumbleb

Private
Nov 3, 2016
Florida
I was actually going to go back to stock so I could fit a better tire under the car with the 15 inch conversion but I might go this way instead. No more low life.

Reactions: ATL-IS-N54

AD-ENG

Corporal
Oct 22, 2016
This is huge. Pricing a double adjustable full kit will cost at minimum $3K. For high hp/tq applications wanting to dial in squirmy straight line rear end acceleration, both from a dig and roll, this allows it. Also a solid mount bushing replacement like the one included is easily 25% of the entire set up offered. Well done guys!!

Picking out some ideal spring rates and I'll be picking these up for the winter refresh. Can't wait.

Edit*

Just noticed you guys ditched the squishy foam upper mounts with what looks like solid rubber. One less part needed :cool:

Was planning on buying and trimming a similar set. Definitely looks like these can be trimmed just the same.

What do you need to trim? The kit doesn't need anything trimmed.

What springs are recommended to be used with these?

Springs depends on weight and transfer, but in an IRS dig you want soft. Stock or sport rate would be a good starting point.

R.G.

Lieutenant
Nov 17, 2016
Henderson, NV
Ride
E92 335, F10 M5
What do you need to trim? The kit doesn't need anything trimmed.

Trim about a half inch off the widest portion, gets almost another full inch of shock travel. Or you can pay Dinan for 10mm more shock travel with their mounts
465276_x600.jpg

@Sshec152 A few variables to think about before you hit the sweet spot, torque, current unsprung weight, ride height etc but with the rebound and compression adjustablity you'll be able to laser focus in on it and get there 100 times faster. 50% shock compression at launch is where you are aiming in very simplified terms.Depending on how the car reacts after the initial hit will give you a baseline for rebound adjustment.
In simpler terms or if not wanting to get too in to it, any springs would work and could be dialed in.

Last edited:

AD-ENG

Corporal
Oct 22, 2016
Trim about a half inch off the widest portion, gets almost another full inch of shock travel. Or you can pay Dinan for 10mm more shock travel...

You wouldn't gain anything. I can tuck a 15 without a tire on it all the way into the inner fender without bottoming out the shock.

• Dumb
Reactions: Sshec152

R.G.

Lieutenant
Nov 17, 2016
Henderson, NV
Ride
E92 335, F10 M5
You wouldn't gain anything. I can tuck a 15 without a tire on it all the way into the inner fender without bottoming out the shock.

Honestly with the adjustability of these and Strange Engineering's good rep on having a broad range between 1-12 settings it likely wouldn't make a difference. It's just 5 min of my time and gives me an extra bit of travel if I need it.

COTT3series

Private
Mar 1, 2017
Ride
2008 BMW 535xi, 2007 BMW 335i.
I have an 07 335i sport sedan. So what you're saying is that my current springs would work well with these?

Springs depends on weight and transfer, but in an IRS dig you want soft. Stock or sport rate would be a good starting point.