Adjustable launch control via DME flash

dyezak

Major
May 4, 2017
Plano TX
AKA: I have M3 stuff for sale

I'm most interested in the M3 stuff for the shifting behaviors. Single turbo powerband does not like stock shift points. And I like to drive lazy, D mode FTW
Well, the good news is the M3 D mode (once you are at the point I am now) on shiftlogic #5 is fucking AWESOME. I'm still looking to shore up some M mode issues as you know, but D mode is really nice. I used it entirely on my drive to #WannaGoFast this weekend. Cruising at 70mph and rolling into the throttle and the thing downshifts to 4th exactly as I would and BAM, I take off like a rocket. Cruising around city streets below 50mph I never get above 5th gear...unlike the 335is D mode where you are at 7th gear by 45mph :-/.

M3 D Mode Shiftlogic #1 = GARBAGE
M3 D Mode Shiftlogic #2 = 335is Normal D
M3 D Mode Shiftlogic #3 = 335is Sport D
M3 D Mode Shiftlogic #4 = Actually nice
M3 D Mode Shiftlogic #5 = Exactly how I would drive it around town if I were driving an M6 trans

ganque

Private
Jan 22, 2018
So... how’s this going? It’s been quite a few months since I heard any updates.

LMB335is

Corporal
Apr 12, 2017
FOB FL
Hows it working out ?
My setup is working perfectly. Still playing around trying to get CC to work though. VO change and following the exact coding of a M3 TRC hasn't worked for me yet. I'm probably just overlooking some stupid reset or something simple. Still patiently waiting on @jyamona to have time to work up a IKM0S ROM for me! I have $$.

Doing a 1/2 mile event in a month so we'll see how the gearing works out for me there.

Xer0449

Corporal
Jan 30, 2017
Will this work even with the kickdown pedal disabled? Just curious.

Also, please, take all of my money.

aus335iguy

Lieutenant
Nov 18, 2017
Hi Jay are you still working on this? If you are cool - if not imma go ahead and do the whole M3 running gear bit. Got my $ saved now.

ganque

Private
Jan 22, 2018
Can't wait for this! I had to change from the 3500 RPM launch to the 5000 RPM launch on my car due to altitude and boost lag on my car.. if I could adjust to a 4000 RPM Launch that would be pure gold for my car!