Aftermarket trans cooler

Rcsup1

Dec 14, 2018
Has anyone installed an aftermarket trans cooler on the 8hp? I have the cooler positioned and installed but cannot find a fitting to connect the factory quick connect to an -an fitting? I'm looking to bypass the tiny factory cooler completely.

Jan 23, 2018
I bought some ZF 6HP26 adapter fittings. They're -8AN. I haven't installed them yet, but I'm hopeful that they'll work. I'm going to be running an 11"x11"x1.5" B&M SuperCooler in the driver bumper and running it inline with the factory ATF to coolant heat exchanger. Ideally I'd like to be able to source AN push connect adapters for the stock heat exchanger in order to be able to use braided -8 stainless line throughout.

ZFAN.jpg

Rcsup1

Dec 14, 2018
Where on the factory lines or trans are those fittings suppose to connect?

Jan 23, 2018
The o-ring side connects directly to the cooler in/out ports on the transmission case.

Rcsup1

Dec 14, 2018
Ah got it. Let me know once you try it. I would really rather not run all new lines and just tap into the factory lines at the factory cooler location. I see Vader has these adapters for the 6hp which is what I was looking for https://vadersolution.com/products/6at-dct-transmission-cooler-fitting-adapter. Not sure they would work on the 8hp and even then they are $100! Might be cheaper to run new line with those adapters you have.