AIC2-V question

alvinhobh

Private
Mar 8, 2018
Columbia, Maryland
Ride
2007 335i e92 6MT
2007 335i 6mt

Purchased a AIC2-V, along with the Motiv FF kit. Can’t wont start after the AIC install.

What flash should I upload to the AIC2? Can I use the same one that is out there for the AIC1?

Also, I need tunerpro to load the flash into the AIC2, and not R4 like the AIC1?

Thanks

veer90

Lieutenant
Nov 16, 2016
West Nyack, NY
Ride
e90 335i 6MT
Go to split second's website they have the xdfs and a base map although I'm pretty sure it isn't for N54. @WedgePerformance might have base maps for the AIC2 for N54

That being said, even if the AIC is turned off the car should still start. Double check your wiring.

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
Also, the FF integration for the ECA was intended and tested with the original voltage based AIC, not the AIC2. It might / should work the same, but I haven't personally verified.

Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
www.twistedtuning.com
Ride
N54 and N55 Cars
Also, the FF integration for the ECA was intended and tested with the original voltage based AIC, not the AIC2. It might / should work the same, but I haven't personally verified.

A wiring diagram would be great as I'm about to install my aic2 and flex fuel soon as well!

IIRC, @jyamona we spoke about this, and the wire that goes to the AIC from the FF module would go to the wire that is for the Boost/Load reference of the AIC.

Alternatively, the AIC has compensation outputs/inputs. The AFR or IAT input wire can actually be tapped to the FF wire that goes to Pin #16 (voltage ref from e-content sensor to DME) and feed that signal to AIC2 and adjust the compensation tabels for the AIC to increase/decrease fueling by way of E-content measurement. Thats how i have it set up on another customer car. Scales in and out the PI fueling accordingly with E-content.

Reactions: doublespaces

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
IIRC, @jyamona we spoke about this, and the wire that goes to the AIC from the FF module would go to the wire that is for the Boost/Load reference of the AIC.

Alternatively, the AIC has compensation outputs/inputs. The AFR or IAT input wire can actually be tapped to the FF wire that goes to Pin #16 (voltage ref from e-content sensor to DME) and feed that signal to AIC2 and adjust the compensation tabels for the AIC to increase/decrease fueling by way of E-content measurement. Thats how i have it set up on another customer car. Scales in and out the PI fueling accordingly with E-content.

That is fine, just make sure to use the voltage to E% from the XDF, as it is not the typical 0-5V of other aftermarket ECA.