Technical Another cast manifold vband N54 turbo kit

Milan

Sergeant
Dec 24, 2016
jebi se
Ride
your mom
I'm sure MMP will be next. This is exactly what happened in the Honda world, they knocked off all the good shit coming out of US companies/fabricators and sold it at a much lower price for slightly lower quality. Eventually R&D for that platform stopped and those innovators went out of business. Hopefully Trump will keep going on the tariffs before the 335 scene goes full on Honda

Reactions: Mikejones1208

Abacus38

Lieutenant
Nov 2, 2016
Tampa/Orlando, FL
Ride
2007 Ti Ag 335i
I'm sure MMP will be next. This is exactly what happened in the Honda world, they knocked off all the good shit coming out of US companies/fabricators and sold it at a much lower price for slightly lower quality. Eventually R&D for that platform stopped and those innovators went out of business. Hopefully Trump will keep going on the tariffs before the 335 scene goes full on Honda

World on the street is that MMP are the main ones doing this but you didn't here that from me though
tenor.gif

JuniorB

Sergeant
May 9, 2017
Rhode Island
Ride
07 e60
There's over seas parts in all these turbos, everyone over there is making parts for these things. Can't get away from it, it's to bad cause it brings a set of upgrades within reason

dyezak

Major
May 4, 2017
Plano TX
Ride
335is
There's over seas parts in all these turbos, everyone over there is making parts for these things. Can't get away from it, it's to bad cause it brings a set of upgrades within reason

Partially right. These are 100% Taiwanese turbos:

BRIEF INSIGHT INTO WHO WE ARE

Zage is a Taiwanese expert manufacturer. With over 10 years of professional experience in developing and manufacturing turbochargers, we have diversified our business operation to respond to market needs at home and abroad.

We leave no stone unturned in remaining lean production. We have invested heavily in researching and studying auto-dynamics. A complete development process, state-of-the-art equipment, highly skilled staffs and a strict testing and inspection process results in high performance products at affordable rates.

We stand for quality manufacturing turnkey solutions and provide original designs year in, year out.

• Funny
Reactions: Torgus and veer90

veer90

Lieutenant
Nov 16, 2016
West Nyack, NY
Ride
e90 335i 6MT
I have inspected these, and mostly seem ok.(remember, I work in manufactoring and am pickey AF) I am somewhat concerned by the already present shaft play. Its a tight play, and believe when pressurized with oil, this will negate. I have not measured the amount, but, as a machinist, millwright i am assuming aprox .008" less than .01, but more that .005, I know the difference between .005 and .010. In and out play is zero.

Normal for journal bearings to have some minimal shaft play if there's no oil in them. My stockers did the same.

LOL @ picking these over RBs Rob is gonna be so butthurt if he sees this.

He's got me blocked though which is why this thread has been devoid of his usual asinine trolling.

• Funny
Reactions: Panzerfaust