Any advice for BMW Reimbursement process?

ApexPredator

Jul 19, 2019
Ride
'10 135i 6MT
Hey guys,

For those who don't know by now, BMW acknowledged faults with earlier generation N54 injectors and over time have expanded reimbursement program coverage for replacement costs. See your applicability here https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls. I tried searching without much luck before posting. The ideal route would be having BMW stealership repair but am nearly FBO like many and have gotten hate speech about mods from them before so will use an indy shop.

Can you share your repair details if your claim was approved? For docs to provide to BMW would a description symptoms, invoice, and proof of payment be enough? Is there a limit on install costs or shop rate?

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:

Jeffman

Major
Jan 7, 2017
Thanks for sharing. I entered my VIN for my 2008 335xi E90 and the website said my car is not involved in any of the reimbursement programs. Darn. I was hoping to get some payback for my new injectors. :fearful:

ApexPredator

Jul 19, 2019
Ride
'10 135i 6MT
www.bmw-rp.com

BMW Owner Reimbursement Program
Thx NoQ, that was the link I had originally but seems their search tool applies to vehicles less than 10 years old. Owners who performed service within 10yr/120,000mi should still qualify for reimbursement even if they haven't submitted a claim yet. So others, if your car is not found on this tool you may want to give them a call.

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
I went through this and ended up talking to BMW North America. It's pretty simple. BMWNA will cover the warranty work done at the dealership. Basically the only way you're going to get a reimbursement with a receipt, is if the work was done on your car prior to the reimbursement program coming out. When you tell them that you ended up having your local garage do it, they will ask you why didn't you bring it to the BMW dealer?

So if you want the work done as warranty, you need to take it to the dealer.

Filippo

• Informative
Reactions: Jeffman

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
I went through this and ended up talking to BMW North America. It's pretty simple. BMWNA will cover the warranty work done at the dealership. Basically the only way you're going to get a reimbursement with a receipt, is if the work was done on your car prior to the reimbursement program coming out. When you tell them that you ended up having your local garage do it, they will ask you why didn't you bring it to the BMW dealer?

So if you want the work done as warranty, you need to take it to the dealer.

Filippo

Right, which you should anyways as they will give you a loaner, wash and vacuum the vehicle, do the warranty work at no cost, update any software out of date, etc. More than your local garage is going to do for you that is for sure.