Any experience with solid motor mounts

drunkenup

Lurker
Dec 16, 2017
Ride
135i, 330i
I was set on 75d AKG based on the few reviews there are but I want to know if anybody had anything to say about the new Turner aluminium mounts or similar solid aluminium design. They are cheaper and I would avoid durability concerns with poly, but could I be chancing any problems with the greater vibrations? I've driven 95A on a SMFW 335xi and it felt stock to me.

It is a track car but is driven to the track and gets street driven here and there. I'm after the race car feel and have the tolerance (I'm only 22). Any experience, even anecdotal, to solid mounts on an N54? Especially with regard to relative harshness to 75d

Mikejones1208

Corporal
Dec 6, 2016
Savannah, GA
Ride
2009 BMW 335i
If you don't daily it and the car is mostly track driven solid mounts are the way to go, ive driven 335's with them before and they feel good, very responisve. But obviously nvh sucked

Reactions: The Banshee

The Convert

Captain
Jun 4, 2017
Ride
I had PTF/Motiv solid aluminum motor and trans mounts on my 6mt 335i. They were totally fine with the stock clutch and flywheel. Ended up being too much NVH for me as a dd after going to a twin disc smfw setup. I still have them and will sell them to you if you’re interested.

drunkenup

Lurker
Dec 16, 2017
Ride
135i, 330i
I had PTF/Motiv solid aluminum motor and trans mounts on my 6mt 335i. They were totally fine with the stock clutch and flywheel. Ended up being too much NVH for me as a dd after going to a twin disc smfw setup. I still have them and will sell them to you if you’re interested.

I've actually just ordered a set of turner motor and trans mounts but good to hear that feedback. I'm on a dmfw and its pretty new. I remember reading it soaked up a lot of the motor mount nvh, maybe it was your comment. What do the PTF/Motiv mounts look like? Can't seem to find any pictures

The Convert

Captain
Jun 4, 2017
Ride
I've actually just ordered a set of turner motor and trans mounts but good to hear that feedback. I'm on a dmfw and its pretty new. I remember reading it soaked up a lot of the motor mount nvh, maybe it was your comment. What do the PTF/Motiv mounts look like? Can't seem to find any pictures
Turner essentially copied the ptf mounts.

drunkenup

Lurker
Dec 16, 2017
Ride
135i, 330i
Got my car back from the shop today with the Turner solid aluminium engine and trans mounts. It is NOT that bad for street driving. Sure, buzzy under 1k. If you're like me and you have a BERK race exhaust and catless downpipes the real change in NVH is insignificant. Very 'racecar' now, and the sound of the engine in the cabin is reminiscent of one a RB/2J.. or a single turbo 335i at lower rpms.

SJ_1989

Sergeant
Aug 7, 2018
Illinoisssss
Ride
2008 E90 335i
I recently bought the Turner solid engine and trans mounts. Wanted something rigid because the turbo on my docrace kit sits VERY close to the strut tower (more than I would have liked given the money of the kit) and, well, bcracecar. It's not specified on Turners website but it will drop the engine 5 mm and the trans 1 mm per the documentation sent with the mounts.

Mack0917

Mar 29, 2019
Ride
BMW N54 E92 335

Hey there,

I saw that you had mention you were selling your solid engine and transmission mounts. I was about to buy the turner mounts, but if you still have them available I would like to buy them.

I signed up on here just to message you, so if you can text me 305-322-8527 or email me at [email protected] as I might miss your response.

Thank you