Anyone thought of building a connected drive server?

pRoxxx

Private
Feb 9, 2021
So I've managed to connect to the graphics driver and actually draw an image on the screen. It's very slow and works only 10% of the time at the moment - a lot more research needed. But what's interesting is that it's possible to inject graphics to existing layers. So it's possible to, for example, replace just the navigation.

P.S. It's just an image I used for testing - it's not actually running Windows 95 :)

View attachment 18353
View attachment 18354
Does someone have this code?

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Does someone have this code?
I do not but I do feel like a few discoveries here could be passed forward but may have been lost. I don't make a claim to anyone's hard work, but rather than let it die closed source let's move the needle forward folks, pass the work to the next guy with motivation remaining.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
I never offered to anybody full customer support, even promised access to content AS-IS. Spend some YOUR time playing with YOUR car to investigate and solve problem.
As for internet... looks like you're not trusted person for such service...
@volaltd

Did you at least commercialize it or can you give updates on the progress?

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
There is published free superwofy product after 3 years at the same point.
Nobody knows R&D is expensive and takes a lot of time in compare to copy-paste?

You know, you're in the presence of multiple engineers of their own respective areas of expertise, with cumulatively many years of knowledge I'm sure. There is no need to be an ass hat about it, just say you're a profiteering selfish bitch instead of the snarky shit, I will respect it. You want to make a dime, so where the fuck do we send money?

• Agree
Reactions: KClemente

volaltd

Private
Feb 21, 2019
Ride
E60 LCI
You know, you're in the presence of multiple engineers of their own respective areas of expertise, with cumulatively many years of knowledge I'm sure. There is no need to be an ass hat about it, just say you're a profiteering selfish bitch instead of the snarky shit, I will respect it. You want to make a dime, so where the fuck do we send money?
Technology moves forward and forward every second so your opinion about "expertise and many years of knowledge" is nonsense. I'm just constantly working hard and when snarky shit with PHP knowledge wants all this joy, then I just gave in. Buy new BMW for your money with all original services included from manufacturer.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Technology moves forward and forward every second so your opinion about "expertise and many years of knowledge" is nonsense. I'm just constantly working hard and when snarky shit with PHP knowledge wants all this joy, then I just gave in. Buy new BMW for your money with all original services included from manufacturer.
Php? Who are you talking about?

You're working so hard and haven't produced a single thing in how many years now?

Being a douche is one thing. Being a douche and you can't even deliver anything is another. How about you keep the elitist attitude to yourself until you've at least got something to show with this commercial endeavor of yours.

When people act the way you do, I know they don't have a very broad or diverse set of friends, or many friends. Because they live in a world, a very small one, where they think they are the smartest person they know. They might even be right, but it's nothing more than Big fish, little pond.

walkernight88

Oct 30, 2019
Ride
F10 520d pre-lci
Joining the discussion some years later... BIN and BON working on EVO ID5/6 units. All via ATM 3G or 4G.
Issue is that ATM is super strict, not like Cbx... ATM is running Android, not QNX or RexOS like CBX/TCB.

Still trying to find a way to get full access to atm :D
Throw away your CIC/NBT stuff. We need to move forward to EVO/MGU.

BIN_EVO.jpg