Anyone try the match up7 or revenant

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5
I just ordered the tune 2air and the matchup 7 amp with bluetooth add on . I want to compare both bluetooths cause the bovee supposedly will use steering wheel controls but the amp add on does Apt x and avoids the 2 dacs. Anyway I'm curious how volume control works with that bluetooth add on and very curious how the amp will make my car sound. Also Figures 24 hrs after I ordered the amp bavsound emailed me that the revenant is 749 for open box and they have crazy deals on stage 1 speaker upgrades to. I think I might finally build box for a 10 inch idmax and finally use my gladen 600 now that i have a sub out on this amp. I kept procrastinating getting a technic harness.

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
Rob there are obviously discussion on this at other forums. I think the REvenant has some capabilities locked down or out courtesy of Bavsound. That said, APTX HD is very nice to have. One thing I suggest you look at is the SPDIF input. This is what I'm planning to use with my PP82DSP unit. Revenant has it as well (typical Match feature). If you look at Amazon, you'll see that you can buy an APTX HD stunt box, which is USB powered, that supports a SPDIF. What does this mean? Well you can do APTX HD (assuming you have a phone/tablet that has the qualcomm chip) from the source to the stunt box, then the stunt box sends the digital signal straight to the Match DSP, which then uses a better DAC than what you'd otherwise have (I believe, at least on the prior gen stuff, it was a Burr-Brown DAC).

I have not completed my installation so don't take my commentary as gospel, nor all the details above. But I believe it is directly correct and you may wish to investigate.

Filippo

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5
I purchased a bluetooth add on which supports aptx and you can get for yours as well. I may sell it though if you want cause my tune2air works great and allows me to use steering wheel controls. One thing to make sure you are aware of is you will not have volume control unless you purchase a director or uart control.
Obviously you can use your phone's volume but the amp will revert to max volume so it could be an issue.
I am aware of the other forum threads but they are mainly about 2 series Harmon kardon or f30 with older amps. I was more concerned with the tunes and people here tend to not be cheerleaders for whatever they have. At least the OG members. I did purchase the match up 7 and at first was very disappointed but then I connected again and tee next morning was amazing clarity and bass, I thought the bass was main improvement I would achieve but the highs and staging with the cabrio file is amazing. I want to purchase a mic now. I have the mic from my bose systems in my house but don't know if that would work I would think it should but you never know with bose , they like using cheap shit and alot of processing.
Anyway if your interested I'd go in on a mic with you if they are expensive.