Technical AzNdevil's RHD 335 6MT Build Thread

R.G.

Lieutenant
Nov 17, 2016
Henderson, NV
Ride
E92 335, F10 M5
Keep us posted Azn. We've all been somewhere along those lines at one point. Looking forward to some better news dude.

AzNdevil

Lieutenant
Staff member
Nov 4, 2016
Hong Kong
haha well my work officially ends next week

still no job, garage disappeared into thin air with my shifter but ive been busy with job hunting to bother trying to figure out where he went

car still fucked as is but at least i can drive it around..

so i started a new project... hydrualic pedals for sim racing!
IMG_20170710_030929.jpg

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
haha well my work officially ends next week

still no job, garage disappeared into thin air with my shifter but ive been busy with job hunting to bother trying to figure out where he went

car still fucked as is but at least i can drive it around..

so i started a new project... hydrualic pedals for sim racing!
View attachment 4346

Interesting. What else are you gonna get

AzNdevil

Lieutenant
Staff member
Nov 4, 2016
Hong Kong
Time to fix my car...waiting for parts...waiting for Black Friday...

20171029_232243.jpg

Still need...
Clutch/Flywheel
Inlets Outlets
Stage 2 LPFP
3.5bar map sensor
New Coils
New Injectors
Motor/Tranny Mounts

Oh, I got my shifter installed! Running E46M tranny bushings but they are pretty soft...

IMG_20170727_202222.jpg

IMG_20170727_231911.jpg

Last edited:

AzNdevil

Lieutenant
Staff member
Nov 4, 2016
Hong Kong
long story short, my garage fucked me over and im in the process of moving my car to another garage in pieces...
and my driving license will get suspended soon ;)

fml... i will update this when i can...

AzNdevil

Lieutenant
Staff member
Nov 4, 2016
Hong Kong
New Parts!

Sorry been busy with life for a bit... time for an update at last. Now...Let the part list begin

1. Pure Stage 2 DDs... Simple choice really, no ethanol in my area, no mass production RHD ST kits, street car 95%
31.jpg

32.jpg

2. Southbend Stage 3 Endurance Clutch... Everyone's getting a SPEC, so I thought I'd try something different and see if it's better
33.jpg

34.jpg

35.jpg

3. MFactory SM Flywheel... proven to work
36.jpg

37.jpg

4. MFactory LSD, Fully Rebuilt in the US and shipped over to Hong Kong. Welded gear, no one can remove it local. Might as well pay extra and have someone experienced to do it all. To be honest, I wanted a WaveTrac but I can't be fucked to find someone to offer a one stop solution (source a big diff, rebuild it, fit the LSD and send it over) at a reasonable price so this is the next best thing.
38.jpg

39.jpg

5. Turner Motorsports 60A Engine Mounts... Originally I was going to get ADE Mounts but since the owner thinks I want to buy the mounts and clone it for profit (Hong Kong is in China), I don't want to deal with him.

40.jpg

6. Alu Power Steering Pulley... Might as well do it since the engine is coming out of the car
41.jpg

7. ECS Rear Caliper Guide Pin Upgrade... my rear calipers are dragging once it gets hot enough so might as well rebuilt them
42.jpg

8. New Index 12 Injectors... some of my injectors are leaking so time to replace
43.jpg

9. PR Coils

10. PR Stage 2 LPFP

11. VRSF Stock location Inlets... because RHD

12. Brake and Clutch Pedal Delrin Bushings

13. Clark Performance Fabrication Diff Brace

I've left out lots of small pieces like the brass clutch pivot pin.. shitloads of new bolts... front and rear crank seals but those aren't worth mentioning.

Last edited:

AzNdevil

Lieutenant
Staff member
Nov 4, 2016
Hong Kong
FML

Somehow a spare tire fell off a truck and I couldn't stop in time so it took out my bumper.
44aa.jpg

Replaced it and....Heres where things start to go downhill. Long story short...
Had a small accident with another car, left car at garage, whole front end came out which took two months, mechanic stopped working on my car for some reason, he disappeared and stopped answering my calls 1 month ago, I got pissed and took everything to another garage.

Originally I was going to order a Seibon OEM Style Carbon Hood but... since my ex-mechanic walked off with the ~2k USD I left with him for ordering parts... I guess I will pick up a used hood for the time being...

Hood bent, Headlight casing, Bumper, Grill, Front Support Cracked
44a.jpg

Fuck this is heavy...
44.jpg

No better time for a picture than this
45.jpg

So this is why my clutch slips sometimes...
46.jpg

PR Coils Installed
47.jpg

This was a major pain in the ass. Trying to move a car in pieces took two whole fucking days. I had to get a truck to fit all the big pieces in and put the small pieces in another car. Had to put power to the car to unlock steering wheel but everytime I open the door, LPFP primes shoots gasoline everywhere.
48.jpg

49.jpg

50.jpg

51.jpg

Let's hope my car will get worked on again soon...
52.jpg

Last edited:

AzNdevil

Lieutenant
Staff member
Nov 4, 2016
Hong Kong
Gotta pull the rear seat and disconnect the LPFP next time. That's a big haul, lots of mods!
lol let it piss all it wants... not my garage plus it sat for 5 months already :tearsofjoy:
i still have to deal with insurance and explain to them why i left my car unfixed for 5 months...

AzNdevil

Lieutenant
Staff member
Nov 4, 2016
Hong Kong
Finally some work done...

I was 4th in line when I originally dropped my car off...Mechanic got vacated when he was finishing up the 3rd car... had to move to a new place with my car...
53.jpg

some progress...i bought them the tools to do front and rear crankseal but they fucked it up so they have to redo it later... some bolts disappeared during the move but luckily the local bmw parts store has them in stock

54.jpg

Subframe out, engine resting on it for the time being
Waiting to for my outlet pipe to be rewelded to remove the RHD restriction
55.jpg

Probably won't be able to drive the car yet once its done since my driver's license has been suspended for three months.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: doublespaces

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5
One thing im surprised no one else mentioned but have you tried different toe settings. Our cars toe out on braking and when suspension loads up sp slight toe in or for track 0 really Is most aggressive should go which should avoid that wandering disconnected feel. The additional dynamic camber from your new arms and your bushings at like 1/16th in should feel great on street if very flat roads or track could go 0 but that will affect stability if roads aren't perfect.

AzNdevil

Lieutenant
Staff member
Nov 4, 2016
Hong Kong
One thing im surprised no one else mentioned but have you tried different toe settings. Our cars toe out on braking and when suspension loads up sp slight toe in or for track 0 really Is most aggressive should go which should avoid that wandering disconnected feel. The additional dynamic camber from your new arms and your bushings at like 1/16th in should feel great on street if very flat roads or track could go 0 but that will affect stability if roads aren't perfect.

yea i have tried 0 toe and -0.1 degree toe out
toe out on braking + toe in on suspension load up -> negligible as things balance themselves out
with static toe out car i trade off some turn in response but at least it doesnt understeer mid corner which was what happened when i tried my friends' car with static toe in... it felt horrible

i dont see any reason why anyone would want toe in on the front if they want to drive fast except for more stability/confidence...at the expense of cornering speed

full disclosure: i drive like a dick on the streets and i dont dd the car