Bad injectors?

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
Changed a valve cover on a 135 fbo with jb4 , precision race works coils, 2 step colder plugs gapped to .020 , and upon startup ran super rough and was missfiring on all cylinders with index 9 injectors according to protool. Changed clyinder 6 injector that was very loaded in carbon build up and the missfire on that clyinder went away. The sparkplugs ran prior were ngk 95770 not gapped and the 3 that were on clylinders with index 9 injectors looked awful compared to the other cylinders with index 5s. Will changing over to all index 12s remedy my issue? Car ran good prior to changing the valve cover did have a service engine light that was not able to check before I changed the valve cover due to not having my wifi adapter with me. Do injectors die suddenly like that ? Car did have a hard crank and did run rough on cold starts but not nearly as bad as post valve cover change.

iminhell1

Sergeant
Jun 17, 2018
Make sure you plugged the injector connectors in all the way. The pins have shit for engagement. If it didn't click, it's not in.

But, ya. He's probably best to try and get on the index 12 bandwagon. It's only a matter of time until it's needed.

Reactions: RuskiRacer

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
Make sure you plugged the injector connectors in all the way. The pins have shit for engagement. If it didn't click, it's not in.

But, ya. He's probably best to try and get on the index 12 bandwagon. It's only a matter of time until it's needed.
Triple checked and even reconnected to make sure I heard the click

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
Typically (not always, but typically) when one works on a car, and it's not working well afterwards, something in the work isn't right. Probably need to backtrack.

Filippo

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
Not really sure what happened the gasket is seated properly and not pinched, I unplugged the negative terminal on the battery so the fuel system didn't prime , unplugged the injector connectors, the grounds , coil packs and there connectors. Everything is back secure leak free never touched injector brackets nor spark plugs during install. Car does have a msd80 also. I've done the valve cover and valve cover gasket multiple times on my own personal car the only difference is I have Index 12s and mhd only. No other differences install wise same process used for multiple cars with no issues which is why this is so bizarre to me and just want to see what other people have to say