Bad mosfet

LncGmz

Jun 27, 2017
Ride
2007 BMW 335i e92
Who here replaces mosfets? I have a bad injector one mosfet, MSD80 of course.

Sshec152

Corporal
Nov 3, 2016
Aston pa
Fyi I just had the msd81 swap done by vadersolutions, and he doesn't do it correctly. He doesn't change the vin to match your vehicle, so you have to repurchase all of the mhd modules. I was pretty pissed when i found this out, luckily martial at mhd was nice enough to refund me for my old vin# modules, still extra bs I wasn't expecting.

Levanime

Private
Supporting Vendor
Nov 5, 2016
NorCal
The "Original" VIN number (to which MHD is linked) is not possible to change, noone can do that.
When Replacement DME is programmed to the car, only current VIN is being changed.
Yes, MHD is kind to refund in such cases,
in next releases MHD will not be linked to "Original" VIN of the DME, and there will not be such refunds needed.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
The "Original" VIN number (to which MHD is linked) is not possible to change, noone can do that.
When Replacement DME is programmed to the car, only current VIN is being changed.
Yes, MHD is kind to refund in such cases,
in next releases MHD will not be linked to "Original" VIN of the DME, and there will not be such refunds needed.

So what will MHD be linked to then?

Levanime

Private
Supporting Vendor
Nov 5, 2016
NorCal
Im not sure Martial wants this information to be shared,
All I can say rn is that protection will be higher, and there will be no problem with licenses in case of DME replace.

The Convert

Captain
Jun 4, 2017
Ride
Im not sure Martial wants this information to be shared,
All I can say rn is that protection will be higher, and there will be no problem with licenses in case of DME replace.

That's good news. Any idea when all this is happening? I assume I'd need to send you my keys to have you reprogram them if I bought the swap?