base stereo to logic7? Need help!

zmon1300

Corporal
Nov 3, 2016
Chicagoland
Ride
'10 335xi
Hey guys,

I have the crappy base stereo in my e92 and am getting pretty sick of the sub par sound that it has. I wanted to do an easy upgrade and was wondering if the logic7 would be a worthy, budget friendly project. From reading on forums it seems like I need to:
  • code my iDrive HU to hifi
  • replace base speakers with logic7 speakers
  • replace base amp with logic7 amp
  • add tweeters

Would I have to replace the rear side panels when I get logic7 speakers? I see that the cars that came with logic7, the rear side panels had 2 speaker provisions compared to my 1. Also would I have to create custom wiring for those extra speakers and tweeters?

Any help would be appreciated because I’m a newbie at this audio stuff.
Thanks
Z

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5
Don't bother - just go aftermarket speakers and amp. Bavsound or Bimmertech, both have compatible plug and play options. Easy peasy
One hundred percent agree their are alot of upgrade guides and a few active members that can help I recommend getting a teknic I think is spelling of his name harness

zmon1300

Corporal
Nov 3, 2016
Chicagoland
Ride
'10 335xi
From my understanding, if i get a tecknic harness, does that mean I can install whichever speakers I want? As long as they fit into the door cards and under the seat.

Sorry im a newbie at audio stuff

Thanks
Z

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
Yes run reg amp and speakers so you don't have to spend g just in amp upgrade instead can have full system . Mb quart or focal or jenhert make cheap good speakers that include under seat sub

Lurcher

Sergeant
Apr 6, 2018
Dallas, TX but soon to be Cocoa Beach FL
Ride
2012 z4
Compared to g for amp then ghost and bavsounds def but mb quarts are like 150 200 bucks

thus the reason for leaving them out of the reply.

Probably should have said: Cheap (MB Quart) Good (Focal or Jenhhert) speakers. Usually mutually exclusively, and after many of us buy multi-$K cars and accessories, another one is not a big deal. You can pick up the amp and speakers used in the forums all the time if cost is an issue.

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
thus the reason for leaving them out of the reply.

Probably should have said: Cheap (MB Quart) Good (Focal or Jenhhert) speakers. Usually mutually exclusively, and after many of us buy multi-$K cars and accessories, another one is not a big deal. You can pick up the amp and speakers used in the forums all the time if cost is an issue.
You are right
Also it's better to do fronts and leave the rear alone this way a reg 4 channel amp can do the job leave the back speakers on factory or do a 5 channel or separate amp if want a sub I want to throw a Id max 10 in my ski pass on a gladen 600 I have laying around

Kaane

Private
Jan 7, 2019
Ride
2008 535i
I just did a logic 7 retrofit, cost me like a total of $250 in a E60. Cost of factory stuff is so cheap these days it's a shame not to retrofit. Aftermarket stuff costs like 5X.