Battery kill switch

NoGuru

Captain
Jan 9, 2018
Just North of Detroit
Ride
BMW 335is
Has anyone installed a battery kill switch?
I fell like I am in the trunk disconnecting the battery all the time to install this or that, and just wondering if anyone has some way to cut power from the battery other then going in the trunk all the time.

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
I hate disconnecting the battery as I seen a lot of fried frm modules from doing so.

I preffer just disconnecting or removing the fuse on the circuit I'm working on.

Its just my preference.

NoGuru

Captain
Jan 9, 2018
Just North of Detroit
Ride
BMW 335is
I hate disconnecting the battery as I seen a lot of fried frm modules from doing so.

I preffer just disconnecting or removing the fuse on the circuit I'm working on.

Its just my preference.
I could see that, but the fuses are so hard to get to. Maybe I am getting too old.

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
pull the big 50 amp fuse in the ecu box will kill all power to it.

lpfp just wait till the car goes to sleep and disconnect the connectors, if the car wakes up it will just throw a few shadow codes relating to to fuel pump
and level sensors but you just clear them.

Reactions: NoGuru

NoGuru

Captain
Jan 9, 2018
Just North of Detroit
Ride
BMW 335is
pull the big 50 amp fuse in the ecu box will kill all power to it.

lpfp just wait till the car goes to sleep and disconnect the connectors, if the car wakes up it will just throw a few shadow codes relating to to fuel pump
and level sensors but you just clear them.
I guess I could do that but I will tell you I hate getting in the fuse panel because of the location.

I'll probably install the switch and see how it works out and post back.