Beware of ZNM Performance in Pompton Lakes NJ

lshaw

Private
Dec 4, 2018
Ride
335i
Just an update guys:

In the process of filling out the NJ Consumer affairs paperwork and will make a visit to Pompton Lakes Police Department to file a theft report in next weekend. I have spoken to an attorney as well and will be filing a lawsuit in the next few days under NJ special civil part. PM me if you would like details on this matter and need any advice. I have given the merchant almost a month to make this right and nothing has been accomplished.

Will be writing a full review and disclaimer in the next few days as well on a separate page and every single car forum that ZNM caters to.

The Banshee

Corporal
Nov 18, 2017
Lehigh Valley PA
Ride
2008 335xi coupe 6466 MT
Just an update guys:

In the process of filling out the NJ Consumer affairs paperwork and will make a visit to Pompton Lakes Police Department to file a theft report in next weekend. I have spoken to an attorney as well and will be filing a lawsuit in the next few days under NJ special civil part. PM me if you would like details on this matter and need any advice. I have given the merchant almost a month to make this right and nothing has been accomplished.

Will be writing a full review and disclaimer in the next few days as well on a separate page and every single car forum that ZNM caters to.
Let me know when you visit Pompton Lakes Police department as I would like to join you. I am sure others would as well if you are okay with it.

Let’s make 2019 the year the ZNM criminal operation gets shut down via NJ attorney general and let’s send that thief Matt Malave to jail where he belongs.

milfriez

Nov 24, 2018
Ride
E90 335xi
If and when you visit, I spoke to Patrolman John Mull when I had first called to notify them about ZNM. You might want to see if he is available to speak with again. And perhaps a reminder of the story will refresh his mind.

lshaw

Private
Dec 4, 2018
Ride
335i
Let me know when you visit Pompton Lakes Police department as I would like to join you. I am sure others would as well if you are okay with it.

Let’s make 2019 the year the ZNM criminal operation gets shut down via NJ attorney general and let’s send that thief Matt Malave to jail where he belongs.

Im all for everyone/anybody joining me. like I stated above, I've given the merchant plenty of time to make things right, and all I got was excuses and lies again. It's infuriating and absolutely insulting at this point. Every single excuse as to why I am not refunded has been used:
Extended pending times bc of holidays, showing me pictures that he has initiated refunds with his Chasepaymenttech account and emails; I called to verify the case numbers he provided and nobody was able to confirm it was real. So in my mind all these screen shots were fake or immediate cancelled after taking the screenshots. And when I asked, for some reason he decided to cancel the CC refund bc i only just mentioned let's do PayPal instead. Soooo there goes 15 days of waiting for the pending CC refund only to be cancelled.

Now on to the PayPal excuses....."I'm gonna transfer money from my bank to PayPal balance, instead of direct transfer from my bank to your bank, it's funny how it makes perfect sense to transfer money to PayPal balance first Instead of family/friends payment directly from a bank. His excuse at the time was it will be quicker and it's gonna take 1 day to clear instead of 3-5 pending days for a bank to bank transfer...check in after a day for an update, "it's gonna take 3-5 days to clear," few days later...."I need to verify my MERCHANT PayPal account (yeah OKAY, you've been business that has been running for 3+ Years and NOW you need to verify your account)," after not answering me during the holidays yesterday "oh it's gonna take 21 days to clear." LOL. I've been using PayPal for 15+ years, I'm sure most of us have. I have family who uses PayPal merchant accounts...BUT with ZNM unfortunate events happen.

Guess what! To this day the bank transfer is still pending from Dec. 18th and ZNM keeps ignoring my simple requests to take a screen shot of the pending bank transfer. Literslly takes 1 min to log in and show that the transaction is pending, I've been requesting this proof since before Christmas, another request for a screen shot yesterday at 10am, and nothing from ZNM since.

How about chase quickpay? "Oh money is pending in PayPal bc I transferred it from my bank and it's pending so I can't send you chase quick pay" LOL!

My car is in shambles right now, and ZNM fucked up my car to the point where there is zero piece of mind driving my car anymore.

Obviously, ZNM is not taking this matter seriously anymore and it's time I/we act.

This is just the preview of my post to come and it's gonna be long af. Long story short, I don't like to be fucked with. Everything I've said and will say is sadly the truth....I'm not looking to defame ZNM in anyway, but people need to know that their business ethics are 100% illegal and they are by far not car enthusiasts by any means.

Last edited:

veer90

Lieutenant
Nov 16, 2016
West Nyack, NY
Ride
e90 335i 6MT
uhh holy crap lol I missed the last 2 pages of this thread

I never been to ZNM but I just paid for a bosch reman alternator from them this morning. Let's see if I get my core charge back lmao

Last edited:

lshaw

Private
Dec 4, 2018
Ride
335i
This weekend i am going to Pompton Lakes PD. PM me if you wish to go fill out reports with me.

Im fully decided on the legal route i am going to take. Enough is enough with Matt/ZNM. Ive given them ample time to make things right (over a month and a half) and they continue to lie to me to my face, through phone, and through text. So im done.

Ive been dealing with Matt for over a year and half now. And i am lucky enough to be the most unlucky person when it comes to dealing with Matt. Matt has FORGED emails and screen shots to make it look like he is issuing refunds to you, but in all reality, he either cancelled them right away or completely forged them. I have pictures to prove. THERE will always be a reason why it is taking so long....when he explains the situation to you on the phone, he is ALWAYS waiting for a call back from the bank or paypal..... or the transaction period is taking longer than usual or maximum number of days. Don't expect Matt to send you any proof or screen shots when you ask for them on the phone, bc he says he will send it to you by end of the day, only for you to waste your time waiting for it. If you ever expect a call back from Matt, expect him to tell you that he called you, but he is once again bullshitting you. Car enthusiasts dont deserve this...

Oh yeah, fun fact...Matt has been known to steal your car parts and replace them with shittier older parts. My clutch has never been the same since my car was with him, I have a spec stage 3 and mfactory smfw; ,my engagement point is back to stock (toward the floor, opposed to spec 3+ near the tippy top) and i now have zero clutch rattle anymore even at stock idle (aftermarket clutch guys will know the amount of noise these makes). Fucked up part is that i cannot even drive my car bc he gave me a non driveable car to see if it slips. I also have BRAND new steel bolts on my bell housing and a leaky rear main seal. MEANING that he was in there at some point. I cannot confirm anything i take a look in the transmission, but it seems likely this is the situation.

If Matt has promised you to make things right after he has scammed you or has worked on your car. DO NOT believe a word he says, he will just tell you what you want to hear and buy himself more time. Same with Elyse, she is 100% guilty by association as well as the fact that she hasnt answered my emails nor calls.

veer90

Lieutenant
Nov 16, 2016
West Nyack, NY
Ride
e90 335i 6MT
My alternator core was delivered to them and shows received by Matt this morning.

Per ZNM warranty / returns page he has 48 business hours to issue my core charge refund. Now we wait...

Jeffman

Major
Jan 7, 2017
Good luck! Hopefully they’ll actually rebuild yours and not pull a good one from someone else’s poor car already sitting in their lot.

Reactions: supra2k6

lshaw

Private
Dec 4, 2018
Ride
335i
Im going through my files for my case. I would like to share this with you guys as its quite infuriating.

Check the time stamps. These are the photos Matt sent me January 2018. Used the same exact pictures for the OP, check page 1 to compare pictures. Who tf knows who this cylinder head was for or when it was taken, because it sure isnt in my car nor the OP's car.

Second Picture: Yup thats my turbo, picture was taken from my secondary shop via micro cam. LOL that is clearly NOT a Pure Stage 2 DD turbine. Matt has the nerve to tell me he installed Pure Stage 2 turbos to my face multiple times. I had my car directly towed from ZNM to my secondary shop and had them well document my car to attest to what Matt claimed he did. Pictures below of the the day i had it towed. Matt claims he was working on the car all night prior stating that the car was running and driveable...oh yeah he forgot to mention the fact that he never changed my flat tire for which again he lied to me about, saying it was installed weeks ago... Def looks like an engine bay that was worked on tirelessly all night

Fucked up part is, he couldnt even change a spark plug....a $12 part, even my mechanics found it amusing, how could this guy attempt to scam me and not even change a spark plug.

Anyways, i dont have the time for a full review just yet, but ill keep on bumping this thread until i do.

Matt has ceased to talk to me after asking for my money back, i believe he thinks this will just go away if he ignores me :sweatsmile:. After two months of trying to give him the benefit of a little damage control, its 100% clear Matt had ZERO intention of refunding me whatsoever, so good luck to anyone else in this situation. I urge you explore other options simultaneously.

This is the work of ZNM Performance/Auto, run by Matt Malave and Elyse Cruz. Everyone spread the word that these guys are a fucking cancer to the bmw community and all other platforms they serve.

Attachments

• IMG_3324.PNG
    IMG_3324.PNG
    313.3 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_3325.PNG
    IMG_3325.PNG
    308.9 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_3326.PNG
    IMG_3326.PNG
    313.3 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_3327.PNG
    IMG_3327.PNG
    328.7 KB · Views: 136
  • 20181212_140524.jpg
    20181212_140524.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_2581.JPG
    IMG_2581.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_2576.JPG
    IMG_2576.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_2578.JPG
    IMG_2578.JPG
    165.3 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:

Jeffman

Major
Jan 7, 2017
d
Im going through my files for my case. I would like to share this with you guys as its quite infuriating.

Check the time stamps. These are the photos Matt sent me January 2018. Used the same exact pictures for the OP, check page 1 to compare pictures. Who tf knows who this cylinder head was for or when it was taken, because it sure isnt in my car nor the OP's car.

Second Picture: Yup thats my turbo, picture was taken from my secondary shop via micro cam. LOL that is clearly NOT a Pure Stage 2 DD turbine. Matt has the nerve to tell me he installed Pure Stage 2 turbos to my face multiple times. I had my car directly towed from ZNM to my secondary shop and had them well document my car to attest to what Matt claimed he did. Pictures below of the the day i had it towed. Matt claims he was working on the car all night prior stating that the car was running and driveable...oh yeah he forgot to mention the fact that he never changed my flat tire for which again he lied to me about, saying it was installed weeks ago... Def looks like an engine bay that was worked on tirelessly all night

Fucked up part is, he couldnt even change a spark plug....a $12 part, even my mechanics found it amusing, how could this guy attempt to scam me and not even change a spark plug.

Anyways, i dont have the time for a full review just yet, but ill keep on bumping this thread until i do.

Matt has ceased to talk to me after asking for my money back, i believe he thinks this will just go away if he ignores me :sweatsmile:. After two months of trying to give him the benefit of a little damage control, its 100% clear Matt had ZERO intention of refunding me whatsoever, so good luck to anyone else in this situation. I urge you explore other options simultaneously.

This is the work of ZNM Performance/Auto, run by Matt Malave and Elyse Cruz. Everyone spread the word that these guys are a fucking cancer to the bmw community and all other platforms they serve.
Please make sure to file complaints with the Pompton Lakes Police Dept, the NJ Consumer Affairs Office, and the Passaic County Prosecutor’s Office:
http://www.passaiccountynj.org/gove...officials/passaic_county_prosecutor/index.php

supra2k6

Lurker
Feb 24, 2018
Ride
e90 335i
I Did am i supposed to get a response letter from them because i have not?

The Banshee

Corporal
Nov 18, 2017
Lehigh Valley PA
Ride
2008 335xi coupe 6466 MT
It takes a few weeks. There have been several that have submitted. When they respond they will assign you a case number. If anyone has submitted and has been assigned a case number PM me. We are keeping track of them.

It's amazing that the Ishaw was sent the exact same pic of the supposed rebuilt head I paid Matt for.

The disturbing part is Ishaw's car and my car were both in Matt's shop at the same time. I paid Matt for a brand new Spec 3+ and SMFW. My car definitely feels like it has Stage 3 clutch. Grabby, rattle, etc. Problem is Matt is unable to produce a receipt for this clutch and is unable to produce my stock clutch, which was perfectly fine, among other parts. Ishaw's car goes into Matt's shop with Stage 3 SMFW and is now returned to him with a stock like engaging cutch, no rattle, and fresh bell housing bolts. HMMMM????

Oh yeah, fun fact...Matt has been known to steal your car parts and replace them with shittier older parts. My clutch has never been the same since my car was with him, I have a spec stage 3 and mfactory smfw; ,my engagement point is back to stock (toward the floor, opposed to spec 3+ near the tippy top) and i now have zero clutch rattle anymore even at stock idle (aftermarket clutch guys will know the amount of noise these makes).

Reactions: lshaw and Jeffman

Slow335

Private
Mar 2, 2017
Ride
09 335i xdrive
Bump for visibility. Had to get a refund for something he said was ordered but never did. Dragged out the entire process for over a month and eventually just showed up at his shop to get him to issue a refund.

lshaw

Private
Dec 4, 2018
Ride
335i
It takes a few weeks. There have been several that have submitted. When they respond they will assign you a case number. If anyone has submitted and has been assigned a case number PM me. We are keeping track of them.

It's amazing that the Ishaw was sent the exact same pic of the supposed rebuilt head I paid Matt for.

The disturbing part is Ishaw's car and my car were both in Matt's shop at the same time. I paid Matt for a brand new Spec 3+ and SMFW. My car definitely feels like it has Stage 3 clutch. Grabby, rattle, etc. Problem is Matt is unable to produce a receipt for this clutch and is unable to produce my stock clutch, which was perfectly fine, among other parts. Ishaw's car goes into Matt's shop with Stage 3 SMFW and is now returned to him with a stock like engaging cutch, no rattle, and fresh bell housing bolts. HMMMM????

Oh yeah, fun fact...Matt has been known to steal your car parts and replace them with shittier older parts. My clutch has never been the same since my car was with him, I have a spec stage 3 and mfactory smfw; ,my engagement point is back to stock (toward the floor, opposed to spec 3+ near the tippy top) and i now have zero clutch rattle anymore even at stock idle (aftermarket clutch guys will know the amount of noise these makes).

Yeah...unfortunately i have still yet to drive me car more than 20-30 miles since i got it back. My car is that bad of shape. Once its gets warm, i will be able to drive it enough to notice or see if it slips at all. Im about 90% sure he took my clutch from my car at this point, strictly due to the fact that it does not sound the same anymore or engage. Also there is ZERO reason why i should have new bell housing bolts on my car.

***smfw with a spec clutch has a very very loud and noticeable clutch rattle at idle as well as neutral acceleration/deceleration. Just look up videos and see my reviews from e90post.com on my clutch. I bumped my idle almost 350 RPM to mask the idle and it should be noticeable.

HOWEVER when i got my car back from matt, my clutch is as quiet as ever, no rattle whatsoever, i returned my idle back to stock ~500 RPM and same situation, no rattle...I cannot accuse him yet until i have hard evidence (actually pulling my clutch to find out) but i will eventually. And if he did take my clutch...you can add theft to his resume. **

Reactions: Slow335

veer90

Lieutenant
Nov 16, 2016
West Nyack, NY
Ride
e90 335i 6MT
Yeah...unfortunately i have still yet to drive me car more than 20-30 miles since i got it back. My car is that bad of shape. Once its gets warm, i will be able to drive it enough to notice or see if it slips at all. Im about 90% sure he took my clutch from my car at this point, strictly due to the fact that it does not sound the same anymore or engage. Also there is ZERO reason why i should have new bell housing bolts on my car.

***smfw with a spec clutch has a very very loud and noticeable clutch rattle at idle as well as neutral acceleration/deceleration. Just look up videos and see my reviews from e90post.com on my clutch. I bumped my idle almost 350 RPM to mask the idle and it should be noticeable.

HOWEVER when i got my car back from matt, my clutch is as quiet as ever, no rattle whatsoever, i returned my idle back to stock ~500 RPM and same situation, no rattle...I cannot accuse him yet until i have hard evidence (actually pulling my clutch to find out) but i will eventually. And if he did take my clutch...you can add theft to his resume. **

yeah there is no way a spec 3+ and smfw is quiet at stock or even slightly raised idle lol

I get comments all the time from people thinking my car is broken. It literally sounds like a rocks in a tin can

Reactions: Slow335 and lshaw