Big EFR N55 E92 Build

Xer0449

Corporal
Jan 30, 2017
Ugh, sorry about your shipping issue.

It seems that the offsets Ken has are correct, as we got the pump into the car today and running - even took some logs and so far/so good... hoping to start tuning e50 shortly.

VACust

Corporal
Dec 1, 2016
US - Utah
Finally received the big pump a couple weeks ago. The post office dropped my first one off the back of a truck and dragged it 2 miles down the road. Install was simple, went in without any issues, no trimming. The car fired up after 4 or 5 revolutions. The first few base maps had low rail pressure at idle but it would at least idle, that was ironed out pretty quick. Going to try to get some pulls in this week.

VACust

Corporal
Dec 1, 2016
US - Utah
I really thought I would have a bent rod by now so I could start on an engine build for the winter, but pump delays might push that back a month or two. I think once XDI gets a hold of production times we will start to see more of these pumps around.

VACust

Corporal
Dec 1, 2016
US - Utah
So I have the 60 HPFP pump. Wedge tuned, Speedtech kit with EFR 8374 at 22-23psi on E50 right now. LPFP is a Fuel-It stage 3 bucketless but the second pump isn’t being used yet. We were getting pretty close on dialed in but there was an early cold snap and a ton of rain in my area so the car has been in the garage for a couple weeks. Should be 25-26+ psi over the next few revisions. Should have a few more runs in this weekend and hopefully Ken has enough free time to get a couple revisions in over the next week. I couldn’t be happier with Ken at Wedge. Frank has been there to help get it up and running whenever we needed questions answered. So far zero hint of misfires and the car is predictable and smooth. I can brake boost 18-19 psi in 3rd at 40 MPH/a little over 3,000 RPM and power comes in hard at 3800 or so without brake boosting.

Xer0449

Corporal
Jan 30, 2017
So I have the 60 HPFP pump. Wedge tuned, Speedtech kit with EFR 8374 at 22-23psi on E50 right now. LPFP is a Fuel-It stage 3 bucketless but the second pump isn’t being used yet. We were getting pretty close on dialed in but there was an early cold snap and a ton of rain in my area so the car has been in the garage for a couple weeks. Should be 25-26+ psi over the next few revisions. Should have a few more runs in this weekend and hopefully Ken has enough free time to get a couple revisions in over the next week. I couldn’t be happier with Ken at Wedge. Frank has been there to help get it up and running whenever we needed questions answered. So far zero hint of misfires and the car is predictable and smooth. I can brake boost 18-19 psi in 3rd at 40 MPH/a little over 3,000 RPM and power comes in hard at 3800 or so without brake boosting.

That's what I like to hear! Thing must be RIPPING

Reactions: Big Turbo N54

VACust

Corporal
Dec 1, 2016
US - Utah
That's what I like to hear! Thing must be RIPPING
It rips. That’s for sure. I’m very happy with the results. The goals this month are to get it up to 25-26 psi and on a dyno. I’m impressed enough with how well it’s turning out I’m thinking it worth the money finishing my S55 with N55 head part of the project and add rods and pistons to the S55 short block.

Reactions: doublespaces

Cooyah_e82

Jan 9, 2019
Ride
2011 BMW 135i
Hey bud hope all is well, I have a 2011 135i N55 and I’m looking into doing the same build. Did you ever dyno the car to see what it made?

Sbrach

Corporal
Oct 2, 2017
Ride
N55 DCT E82
Stumbled upon this since Cooyah bumped the thread. Very interesting. S55 block is a great idea. N55/S55 heads are very similar, different bolt hole pattern for the exhaust manifold(s) and valves are same size but made of "different material" likely Ti.

I don't have the tables defined to disable the electric waterpump but I believe I could find these easily.

VACust

Corporal
Dec 1, 2016
US - Utah
Hey bud hope all is well, I have a 2011 135i N55 and I’m looking into doing the same build. Did you ever dyno the car to see what it made?
I haven’t had it on the dyno yet. I travel for work a lot from October to April so it’s just been sitting in the garage. I’m in Utah and every time I come back home it has been to cold to get traction. Ken did get an update out to me the last time I drove it that ran great at 25psi. I’m very happy so far.

VACust

Corporal
Dec 1, 2016
US - Utah
Stumbled upon this since Cooyah bumped the thread. Very interesting. S55 block is a great idea. N55/S55 heads are very similar, different bolt hole pattern for the exhaust manifold(s) and valves are same size but made of "different material" likely Ti.

I don't have the tables defined to disable the electric waterpump but I believe I could find these easily.
If we need help for the water pump part of it I’d appreciate some help. So far everything looks like it might work out. I bought a spare N55 engine from a wrecked 2013 E92 for the head and will build that short block with an N54 crank if something on the N55 head to S55 block doesn’t work out. I also have a 2016 M3 so the built S55 short block won’t go to waste if this project fails.

Cooyah_e82

Jan 9, 2019
Ride
2011 BMW 135i
Hey dude hope all is well, I’m looking to do the exact same setup to my E82 N55, how do you like the turbo setup so far ?

VACust

Corporal
Dec 1, 2016
US - Utah
Hey dude hope all is well, I’m looking to do the exact same setup to my E82 N55, how do you like the turbo setup so far ?
I’m very happy so far. Work travel and cold weather has kept me from driving it much since October. The quality of the kit is awesome.

Cooyah_e82

Jan 9, 2019
Ride
2011 BMW 135i
What turbo manifold are you using, Speedtech? I was going to have JP Workz build me a kit (log manifold/downpipe/inlet&outlet) but I noticed the fitment was really close. I’ll be installing everything while the engine is hoisted up but do you think it will clear my frame seeing how I have a 135i?

VACust

Corporal
Dec 1, 2016
US - Utah
I don’t know if it will fit on a 135i without some modifications. I had to clock the compressor housing a little closer to the frame rail than in the pictures to get the discharge hose to clear the manifold. You might be pounding on a frame rail or more on a 135.

wheela

Lieutenant
Jun 4, 2021
Twin Cities, MN
Ride
2015 e84 X1 35i Msport
I don’t know if it will fit on a 135i without some modifications. I had to clock the compressor housing a little closer to the frame rail than in the pictures to get the discharge hose to clear the manifold. You might be pounding on a frame rail or more on a 135.
Sorry to bump the old post. Not sure if you're on here much any more, but I'd be intersted to know if you're still running this Speedtech kit, and how it's working out for you. And nice build!!