Bimmer life coil packs reveiw

• Login or Register, members don't see Ads!
  • Tip: You can toggle the Dark Theme at the bottom of the page

Slowdown335i

Nov 7, 2019
I have had these Bimmer Life tuning coil packs installed on my car. They randomly shorted out and started melting the connectors. Bimmer life took in my harness and the sent out one they “fixed” installed the new harness and on first start up started shorting out in the same cyl1 and started smoking and burning again!! I just wanted to let everyone know not to order these coil packs due to the threat of catching my e92 on fire. Here are some pictures

Attachments

• 1Sad
  • 1Like
Reactions: SlowE93 and Torgus

135itp

Lurker
Dec 6, 2018
I have had these Bimmer Life tuning coil packs installed on my car. They randomly shorted out and started melting the connectors. Bimmer life took in my harness and the sent out one they “fixed” installed the new harness and on first start up started shorting out in the same cyl1 and started smoking and burning again!! I just wanted to let everyone know not to order these coil packs due to the threat of catching my e92 on fire. Here are some pictures
What was your date of purchase? New or used? Was looking to get these :/

SlowE93

Sergeant
Jul 2, 2017
Jesus Christ. @PRECISION RACEWORKS just needs to make their coilpacks in RED I swear that is why people buy these knowing how bad the product is. Bad harnesses and you have to cut and remove the shielding etc.

People just like the bling the red gives them.
I tried telling people a LONG time ago when I figured out trimming was necessary to have proper fitment. Then the connectors. I dumped mine long ago and zero misfires on Delphi at 27 psi. I would misfire on BL at 24-25 psi.
But oh well, everyone is entitled to do with THEIR cars.

• 1Informative
Reactions: Torgus

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.