BimmerGeeks Pro K+DCAN cable

Itsbrokeagain

Corporal
Jan 28, 2018
Strong Island
Ride
E70 X5d, E39 528iT, E46 325xi
I don't think I got the warranty either, so I guess that means I'm out on the Bluetooth dongle as well? Its been handing for monitoring and I wanted to use it yesterday to monitor trans temps while I was filling up the trans fluid...

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
I don't think I got the warranty either, so I guess that means I'm out on the Bluetooth dongle as well? Its been handing for monitoring and I wanted to use it yesterday to monitor trans temps while I was filling up the trans fluid...

If you find an email address please post it. I guess I will ask them to send me a new cable even though I bought a new one from another vendor already. My fear is with a flakey cable looses connection in the middle of a flash and it Fs up the DME. Not worth the hassle or risk imo.

Why would a bluetooth adapter go bad? Bad solder jobs or a failed component should be VERY rare now a days unless you buy the cheapest of the cheap from China.

Itsbrokeagain

Corporal
Jan 28, 2018
Strong Island
Ride
If you find an email address please post it. I guess I will ask them to send me a new cable even though I bought a new one from another vendor already. My fear is with a flakey cable looses connection in the middle of a flash and it Fs up the DME. Not worth the hassle or risk imo.

Why would a bluetooth adapter go bad? Bad solder jobs or a failed component should be VERY rare now a days unless you buy the cheapest of the cheap from China.

No idea. I would notice the LED in it light up red for a second like the cable when you initially plug it in, and then it would connect. Used it several times while driving. Updated the software and used it in my E46 once for shits and giggles. Right after that I started getting 'unknown vehicle' errors or it straight up wouldn't see it. And the led in it would no longer light up. Maybe I can try clearing cache or something on my phone or tablet?

• Informative
Reactions: Torgus

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
Also @Torgus , what kinda adaptor did you buy, hunting around on Amazon right now

No problem: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CKRCY1K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have had good luck with that brand before. Please note I have no tried them out yet to flash but I have no reason to believe they will not work flawlessly, it is just a cable at the end of the day and as long as they go by the USB spec everything should be fine.

It sounds like you are in a rush but if you can wait to this evening I will go and make sure I can connect to the OBD2 port in my E92. Will just take a moment once I get home. The cables are small money luckily.

Maybe I can try clearing cache or something on my phone or tablet?

It is worth a shot but I doubt it will help. You would think they would warn you of that well ahead of time to save everyone the head ache.

Reactions: Itsbrokeagain

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
Last edited:
Reactions: Itsbrokeagain

Itsbrokeagain

Corporal
Jan 28, 2018
Strong Island
Ride
Any progress from anyone? Still unsucessful in contacting them. Left a 1 star review on Play Store, maybe that will wake them up.

Dean Giroir

Jun 21, 2019
Atlanta
Ride
2008 Ti Silver BMW 335i E93
Did it work? So you guys are having trouble flashing because of faulty otg dongles? my E93 will not complete mdh flash. 3 K+DCAN cables one from bimmer geeks (garbage). 2 high amp battery charges from autozone. 2 cars straight wired instead of charges, running. just picked my 3rd android device waiting for it to charge. But the dongle? im using the same one from the geeks. ive been making those for years.

Itsbrokeagain

Corporal
Jan 28, 2018
Strong Island
Ride
BG sent me a new one and threw in a THOR dongle as well. Been working fine so far. If that's not customer service idk what is lol

Jeffman

Major
Jan 7, 2017
Nope, We've partnered with Twisted Tuning so your all set!
I setup ProTool on my MotoE first and it connects with the Blaze cable. But I’m trying to transfer ProTool to my Galaxy S4 because I ran out of memory on the MotoE when trying to update the app. However ProTool on the S4 / Blaze cable will not connect to the car saying the cable is incompatible which is clearly wrong. Note that MHD connects fine with S4 / Blaze. Please help!

Last edited:

Jeffman

Major
Jan 7, 2017
I setup ProTool on my MotoE first and it connects with the Blaze cable. But I’m trying to transfer ProTool to my Galaxy S4 because I ran out of memory on the MotoE when trying to update the app. However ProTool on the S4 / Blaze cable will not connect to the car saying the cable is incompatible which is clearly wrong. Note that MHD connects fine with S4 / Blaze. Please help!
Anybody?

Jeffman

Major
Jan 7, 2017
Update: I emailed this to [email protected] this morning and they replied immediately! Awesome customer service!

Reply:
Uninstall the app and try again. Make sure when transferring the license you're using the exact same Google Play account between both phones. Purchases carry from the account.

MHD and ProTool have different sequences of connection. Make sure the ignition is on when connecting. Let us know if the problem persists so we can troubleshoot some more.

Thanks,
BimmerGeeks Team