Blown injector seal

Traf

Sergeant
Aug 3, 2017
Ride
135i
Hi guys,
So long story short, my car started misfiring prettry bad so i decided to inspect.
And here's what i found, cyl6 injector seal is nowhere to be found.
Now these injectors have around 15k miles on them, and of course the seal was there when i installed them.

Any idea how i could clean the bore of the injector shaft ?

FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKK.jpg

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
The real issue is did you damage the head? If so, a new injector will not seal correctly, you will have blow by, and the head is toast. Now way to fix it really.

I wouldn't even both cleaning it, throw a new one in and see if it seals.

As to how this happened, no clue.

Traf

Sergeant
Aug 3, 2017
Ride
135i
Well that is the question indeed.
The fact that i'm running E85, and the fact that this bank was running very rich may have resulted in a cold enough combustion for it to not damage the head.
That is was i'm hoping for at least... I also have no idea how this happened.

Last edited:

iminhell1

Sergeant
Jun 17, 2018
I had this happen.
Just put a new seal on and it's been fine. Though I didn't run it as long as it looks like you did.

Carb cleaner, brake cleaner, what have you to clean the gunk off the injector. They are a stainless body and you're not going to hurt them with whatever you pick.

Reactions: Traf

Maximum96

Private
Jul 21, 2017
Hi guys,
So long story short, my car started misfiring prettry bad so i decided to inspect.
And here's what i found, cyl6 injector seal is nowhere to be found.
Now these injectors have around 15k miles on them, and of course the seal was there when i installed them.

Any idea how i could clean the bore of the injector shaft ?

View attachment 36431
I just went through this, replace the decoupler and hold down bracket, along with properly installing new injector seal, and pray you did not ruin injector bore

The Convert

Captain
Jun 4, 2017
Ride
I don’t see why the injector bore couldn’t be over bored and countersunk to have an insert installed and machines couldn’t fix any heads damaged by this sort of thing. Whether or not it would be cheaper than a replacement used head is another story.

Traf

Sergeant
Aug 3, 2017
Ride
135i
Depends wether or not you know a good machine shop i guess, and i don't. So if the bore is cooked, which i really hope its not, it's gonna be another head, or maybe a N53 head who knows.

emad

May 9, 2023
I suggest to replace the injectors seals.

It happened to me and took us a year to discover that its only a 4$ rubber seal to be replaced. And also recommened to replace the metal lock all shown in the picture belo

IMG-20221023-WA0006.jpeg