BMW Coding Guide - Setup

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
There’s a thread on here that bimmergeeks was working on a translated version in ‘17 but the thread stops cold. I don’t use INPA at all but from what I remember it’s English ... you sure it’s not just an install setting ?
Googled it and found that others have a translated version so shouldn’t be too hard to find

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
Yeah just checked and my bimmergeeks version is definitely in English (well the front page is anyway)
1592356015506.png

amg6975

Sergeant
Oct 27, 2019
Ride
2012 135, 2005 ZHP, 2009 fJCW
Thanks for looking into it, I think my main page, and some of the model pages are in English as well, but the 1 Series and 3 Series are not for some reason. I've tried a bunch of settings and such. Maybe I need to try again, I dunno. My German is getting pretty good though haha.

Reactions: aus335iguy

77mikey77

Aug 10, 2020
If anyone is interested in a setup that doesn't require a VM, works on Win XP to Win 10, contains BMW Standard Tools 2.12, NCS Dummy, BMW Coding Tool, and Find ECU let me know. I'm not a vendor and I don't charge for it. If this is a violation of this forum's rules I apologize and please delete.
Please help me out... cant get coding tool to work, everything else runs perfect but I need that for so daten folders so I can update all modules I have 2010 e93 n54 335i m sport... sooo frustrating

rjajr

Feb 7, 2024
I'm thankful in advance. I've tried virtual machines, and I've tried using four different laptop computers to install this software, to no avail. I am excited to follow your instructions. I realized that my computer skills were far from literate. I assumed it would be simple when my friend asked me to install this software for his BMW. I was completely wrong; I had no computer skills at all. I randomly found your post, which has my thoughts "there has to be premade virtual machine ready to go already". I worked hard to download and install this software after a month of building my computer skills. Still nothing. Despite trying, I am unable install the software.
I'll update or post another reply after following your instructions.

littleslushy

Mar 13, 2024
Does anyone know of an up-to-date download that's in English? The bimmergeeks one is mostly in German.
INPA is mostly in german? It's best to use ISTA, it's going to be difficult finding an INPA in all english, most version are bundled randomly

santilarti

Mar 27, 2024
If anyone is interested in a setup that doesn't require a VM, works on Win XP to Win 10, contains BMW Standard Tools 2.12, NCS Dummy, BMW Coding Tool, and Find ECU let me know. I'm not a vendor and I don't charge for it. If this is a violation of this forum's rules I apologize and please delete.
I'm interested i've tried a few other inpa downloads but I cant get them to work on the injector coding menu