Borg warner s363 sxe + JpWorkz = ???

Abacus38

Lieutenant
Nov 2, 2016
Tampa/Orlando, FL
Ride
2007 Ti Ag 335i
They make the most power per mm but they constantly need to be rebuild in my experience. Garrett have some new stuff coming out like their new 1000 hp GTX35. You can also look at pure turbos as well.

Bigdaddyaaron

Corporal
Nov 5, 2016
USA
They make the most power per mm but they constantly need to be rebuild in my experience. Garrett have some new stuff coming out like their new 1000 hp GTX35. You can also look at pure turbos as well.
The gen 2 Garretts are def going to be real. But they are not cheap at all. My buddy was looking at a GTX3584 was like $2700 or something

Abacus38

Lieutenant
Nov 2, 2016
Tampa/Orlando, FL
Ride
2007 Ti Ag 335i
Yeah I saw that on ATP website #Just
F***MyS***UpFam. You can get a T4 EFR9174 for $1400 right now. No way I'm dropping almost 3 stacks on a turbo.

Bigdaddyaaron

Corporal
Nov 5, 2016
USA
having some single turbo overboost issues!
deets:
-jb4 with mhd backend
-14lb wastegate springs
-Map 1
-jb4 boost safety not triggering
heres the log: http://datazap.me/u/bigdaddyaaron/s...v?log=0&data=1-2-3-4-8-9-10-11-17-18-20-24-31

any idea what may be going on?

JB4 SETTINGS INITIAL - Copy.png

Last edited:

Bigdaddyaaron

Corporal
Nov 5, 2016
USA
Update:
overboosting was solved. Discovered that the plugs for the rear wastegate weren't in! One night during initial I took the plugs out of both gates to get some sealant on them and somehow never put the plugs back in the rear. Didn't even check them when troubleshooting because I was so sure they were all in. So there's that.

Waiting on my first revision from Motiv. 4 bar sensor came in today; I will be installing that and a new belt tomorrow.

Here's a short video of my friend driving my car. Finally lol. Sorry for the orientation.

Reactions: doublespaces

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Ah it's a paid app. I think i never really bought into those that much. Is this the best one? Doesn't a vbox do something similar?

Bigdaddyaaron

Corporal
Nov 5, 2016
USA
Ah it's a paid app. I think i never really bought into those that much. Is this the best one? Doesn't a vbox do something similar?
No its free for desktop os platforms. I don't know much about vbox. From what i've seen, virtual dyno is basically on par with any other dyno. It has correction factors that you can modify to simulate the reading of different dynamometers (Mustang and DynoJet, for example). Also accounts for weight, temperature, tire size, ect ect. Very in depth, yet simple application

DR-JEKL

Private
Jan 16, 2017
Nice build mate I was looking at doing a custom ST TM build (I'm in australia RHD) using a EFR8374 looks like it may not be doable going on your build comments?

I noticed you ordered a stage 2 LPFP are you planning on going PI?

G/L with sorting out the gremlins and the tuning!

Bigdaddyaaron

Corporal
Nov 5, 2016
USA
Nice build mate I was looking at doing a custom ST TM build (I'm in australia RHD) using a EFR8374 looks like it may not be doable going on your build comments?

I noticed you ordered a stage 2 LPFP are you planning on going PI?

G/L with sorting out the gremlins and the tuning!
Thanks man. Efr is doable- it just depends on how much you are willing to do lol. I have to do some custom fab work to the hood to make the turbo fit. Right now, the hood is about 1-2.5 inches from being able to close.
If your manifold is built around the turbo it will make things easier, at least a little.

I plan on going pi and PR stage 3 once I get the BKC manifold

and yeah, still a ways to go. Not gonna lie though: I couldn't have picked a more worse time to get tuned.. between the holidays and Motiv's personal stuff, it's draaaaagggggginnnnnnnggggg

Reactions: DR-JEKL