BPM4 EKP Installation for E93

@juan35i

Private
Feb 1, 2018
Bakersfield, CA
Ride
2010 BMW 135i
I did not know about the check valve in the fuel pumps. I have no leaks in the fuel system stock fuel top hats but I removed the filter and regulator and installed external ones. My injectors not leaking as well. So if I install a check valve I should be good? I will also contact EOSpeed and see if the BPM4 needs an update

NoGuru

Captain
Jan 9, 2018
Just North of Detroit
Ride
BMW 335is
I did not know about the check valve in the fuel pumps. I have no leaks in the fuel system stock fuel top hats but I removed the filter and regulator and installed external ones. My injectors not leaking as well. So if I install a check valve I should be good? I will also contact EOSpeed and see if the BPM4 needs an update
Yeah if you install one you should be good. Get it as close to the HPFP as you can if possible.

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
Yeah if you install one you should be good. Get it as close to the HPFP as you can if possible.
Actually, you should have it as close to the fuel tank as possible so when you're cranking the whole line is already prefilled and partially pressurised, I've got mine halfway and never had any long crank issues at all.

It takes less time to pressurise the line if its already done as it doesn't drain back.

@juan35i

Private
Feb 1, 2018
Bakersfield, CA
Ride
2010 BMW 135i
Actually, you should have it as close to the fuel tank as possible so when you're cranking the whole line is already prefilled and partially pressurised, I've got mine halfway and never had any long crank issues at all.

It takes less time to pressurise the line if its already done as it doesn't drain back.
Ok ordered the check valve and will install when I can. Hopefully this fixes the issue. Thank you

NoGuru

Captain
Jan 9, 2018
Just North of Detroit
Ride
BMW 335is

You are right, I was thinking backwards yesterday :)

Reactions: martymil