Ad: BPM4 (LPFP) Fuel Pump Control Module Released

bakerdou

Private
May 13, 2021
Yes that normal
Saw your log after BPM4 installation, the low fuel pressure is stable as Fxxx. Have you experienced serious pressure fluctuation when using Walbros controlled by the factory EKP module?
I upgraded my lpfp with TIA274, and the pressure goes up and down from 58 to 100 when WOT and that concerns me a lot.

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
Yes the problem is not the ekp but the factory intank regulator and position of the LPFP sensor and they get worse with
a twin pump setup like a stage 3.

To get rid of oscillations you need to block of the factory reg and install an external one with a return line.

Then you need to put the sensor on the reg pressure reference port.

I also used a fuel pressure damper between the HPFP and LPFP regulator and that stabilised the oscillations

bakerdou

Private
May 13, 2021
Yes the problem is not the ekp but the factory intank regulator and position of the LPFP sensor and they get worse with
a twin pump setup like a stage 3.

To get rid of oscillations you need to block of the factory reg and install an external one with a return line.

Then you need to put the sensor on the reg pressure reference port.

I also used a fuel pressure damper between the HPFP and LPFP regulator and that stabilised the oscillations
Thanks for the details!
So may I assume the mechanism is:
DME sends signal, based on fuel low pressure sensor readings, to the EKPM to adjust fuel pump duty cycle. And hence the fuel pressure changes. But in factory setup, the regulator is too distant from the pressure sensor(right adjacent to the hpfp iirc), so the regulator adjustment and the sensor adjustment are fighting each other to get the pressure stable.
If that's the case, is it the solution to make reg&sensor as close as possible to stabilize the pressure?

I was thinking it fluctuates because the EKP PWM logic is not updated to the pump capability, which seems to be a little imaginary as you explained your experience:tearsofjoy:

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
The fluctuations are because the fast switching hpfp fuel pressure valve and the lpfp sensor being so close to it, then the ekp is fighting all of this trying to control it.

bakerdou

Private
May 13, 2021
The fluctuations are because the fast switching hpfp fuel pressure valve and the lpfp sensor being so close to it, then the ekp is fighting all of this trying to control it.
Saw your comments in the other thread about the radium pressure dampener, will do my research about it. Thanks for all the information shared

Reactions: martymil

viaghosty

Jun 27, 2022
I just installed mine and the BPM4 Module gets quite hot under normal driving. Is this normal?
hey if you end up not needing that module anymore by chance hit me up lol. in desperate need will take it off your hands name a price

beetos

Dec 3, 2021
I have been running a BPM4 for about a year on a single pump. I am upgrading to two pumps and can not get an answer out of EOS after waiting forever, but does anyone know software changes required for dual pumps? Reading above :

“20kHz for single pump and 10kHz for dual pump setups...it is selectable”

Can anyone confirm this is the only step required? Thanks.

Last edited: