Ad: BPM4 (LPFP) Fuel Pump Control Module Released

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
So for that system you would select N54, then 2 pump and then you have the option to get the OEM connector or not. If you do not want the oem connector you will have to cut and splice into your original connector for the primary pump. The second pump wires will come with ring terminals so you can attach them to the screws in your top hat. We recommend changing out the screws they provide with either copper or Brass screws, since they have much less resistance than the screws that are provided. We use all 10ga wiring in our system, so their screw becomes the weak point and can cause the top hat to melt, losing the connection. We will be releasing the billet top hat soon with proper connector that will solve this issue.
  1. Get Oem connector
  2. Get Copper top hat screws
  3. Profit

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
So for that system you would select N54, then 2 pump and then you have the option to get the OEM connector or not. If you do not want the oem connector you will have to cut and splice into your original connector for the primary pump. The second pump wires will come with ring terminals so you can attach them to the screws in your top hat. We recommend changing out the screws they provide with either copper or Brass screws, since they have much less resistance than the screws that are provided. We use all 10ga wiring in our system, so their screw becomes the weak point and can cause the top hat to melt, losing the connection. We will be releasing the billet top hat soon with proper connector that will solve this issue.

Well, I just ordered what you listed up there...including your oem adapter...still not clear on why I need it, but I guess I will see when it arrives. I really hope you have install instructions as I do not look forward to a bunch of stuff sitting in front of me and some straggler wires with no labels. If you don't have instructions, then do me a favor and just literally draw it on a napkin if you could. And if that's not possible, then I suppose you could just cancel the order.

Thanks.

VT

Reactions: Jeffman

EOSpeed

Corporal
Nov 7, 2016
Chicago, IL
Well, I just ordered what you listed up there...including your oem adapter...still not clear on why I need it, but I guess I will see when it arrives. I really hope you have install instructions as I do not look forward to a bunch of stuff sitting in front of me and some straggler wires with no labels. If you don't have instructions, then do me a favor and just literally draw it on a napkin if you could. And if that's not possible, then I suppose you could just cancel the order.

Thanks.

VT

We have basic install instructions it is rather easy to do the install. Most everything is plug and play especially since you bought the OEM connector. It is as simple as routing the wires to the battery, wires to the pump, and the harness where the original EKP used to sit gets replaced by our plug and play harness. We do not provide instructions on removing seat back panels etc You can find those anywhere on the internet. Since you have already installed your fuel pump I take it, it should be a breeze.

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
We have basic install instructions it is rather easy to do the install. Most everything is plug and play especially since you bought the OEM connector. It is as simple as routing the wires to the battery, wires to the pump, and the harness where the original EKP used to sit gets replaced by our plug and play harness. We do not provide instructions on removing seat back panels etc You can find those anywhere on the internet. Since you have already installed your fuel pump I take it, it should be a breeze.

I mean wiring instructions. Not simple interior or hardware stuff that is naturally necessary to remove.

Panzerfaust

Lieutenant
Jul 3, 2018
Chicago
Ride
E92 335i
It sounds like the OEM connector option is the "plug and play" option for the vast majority of us. So not specifically necessary for you but it'll stop you from having to pull the bucket and cut and splice wires and risk an ugly looking setup. The second pump will still run off of ring terminals but hooked up to the BPM4 rather than your Hobbs switch, and then you wire the module into the car similar to how your Hobbs switch is wired, but you replace the stock module with theirs.

Did I get that correct, @EOSpeed ?

EOSpeed

Corporal
Nov 7, 2016
Chicago, IL
It sounds like the OEM connector option is the "plug and play" option for the vast majority of us. So not specifically necessary for you but it'll stop you from having to pull the bucket and cut and splice wires and risk an ugly looking setup. The second pump will still run off of ring terminals but hooked up to the BPM4 rather than your Hobbs switch, and then you wire the module into the car similar to how your Hobbs switch is wired, but you replace the stock module with theirs.

Did I get that correct, @EOSpeed ?

Sort of, but you don't actually have to remove the bucket. It saves you from cutting into the OEM pump connector from the stock EKP and splicing our wires to it. With the connector option we give you a brand new OEM pump connector and the terminals already crimped to the wire. Once you slide the wires through the rubber grommet, you push them into the new OEM connector and lock it down. Clean no cutting and simple! ;-)

JimmyNeutron

Lurker
Feb 11, 2018
Ride
2009 E90 335i
When will the aluminum top hat be available? I've been waiting to purchase the controller until I can get the top hat in a package deal.

EOSpeed

Corporal
Nov 7, 2016
Chicago, IL
When will the aluminum top hat be available? I've been waiting to purchase the controller until I can get the top hat in a package deal.

They are technically available right now if you contact us. They are not listed on the website yet, because they are only raw aluminum at the moment, we have parts off at anodizing, so official release soon.

Last edited:

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
Ok, just installed new controller on Saturday. Went for some drives over the last couple of days... this is very promising. The deletion of the hobbs switch has made the throttle response more graduated and predictable. There is a smoother transition to port injection operation. Most importantly, the sudden throttle heavy input while on freeway at 60-80 to pass people no longer has any oscillation from fuel pump voltage fluctuations. There is no more "wao wao wao wao" of the throttle and rpm when pressing gas hard. Shifts are much smoother also under high throttle. I am testing on xHP stage 3 now and after work today, I will see how she reacts under wot stage 3. I reckon she will still be violent but there will be no more lurching backwards then forwards due to voltage fluctuations of the old ekpm3 unit.

Stay tuned. If this fixes my xHP + PD transmission shifting issues...I will be jumping for joy. And even if it doesn't, I would give this unit two thumbs up for what is has already improved on the car.

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
Good to hear it does what it says it does.

I just drove back from lunch on the highway and did a preliminary test of 20 mph to WOT on stage 3 xHP and the car reacted much better than ever, since I installed stage 3 lpfp and PD Transmission last year. It did not lurch or jerk at all. Only a slight hesitation in shifting time from 3 to 4. There was no 'backwards' sensation, no violent banging noises, only a slight coasting, then launching forward when shifting engaged. So maybe that can be adjusted in the options menu in xHP.

So here is my theory: So long as your car is stock or slightly upgraded to stage 2 lpfp, and you use xHP on stock or PD Transmission, you will not have any abnormal shifting behaviors or throttle oscillations or choking sensation when wot. Once you get to stage 3 lpfp (more than one pump running on the stock ekpm 2 or 3 controller), then you run into throttle choking sensations, fuel fluctuations due to deficient voltage regulation and maintenance. This in turn has a chain reaction throughout the system as the ecu senses these deficiencies and tries to compensate by reducing fuel pump performance, which results in the choking, jerky behavior of the engine rpm and the TCU is going apeshit trying to keep up finding the proper gear/shift moment.

Once you upgrade your ekpm 3 to this PM4 unit with the proper architecture (choose 2 pump setup if you have two pumps, or 3 pump setup if you have 3 pumps), there will be minimal to no more voltage fluctuations that cause the ecu, tcu to go haywire. And if my theory is correct, using the hobbs switch to activate your stage 3 2nd lpfp is going to confuse the shit out of the ECU and there will be the left hand going left and the right hand going right...resulting in very abnormal engine and transmission behavior.

That is my 2¢. - oh, also.... NO MORE FUCKING LPFP Plausibility errors. Thank Zeus!!!

N54rsenal

Private
Dec 11, 2018
Ride
2010 335i M Sport LCI
Could this be ordered to run 2 pumps even if you only have 1 LPFP and want to add another later?

EOSpeed

Corporal
Nov 7, 2016
Chicago, IL
Could this be ordered to run 2 pumps even if you only have 1 LPFP and want to add another later?

Yes, you would need to send us a note when ordering and we can load the software for the single pump and send you a dual pump harness. You would need to insulate the ends for the second pump since the power wires will be live. Then when you are ready for the second pump let us know, and we can send you the configuration file for the dual pump system. After file is loaded you hook up your second pump and away you go!

gmagnus7

Corporal
Dec 3, 2018
Ride
135i N54
Ok, just installed new controller on Saturday. Went for some drives over the last couple of days... this is very promising. The deletion of the hobbs switch has made the throttle response more graduated and predictable. There is a smoother transition to port injection operation. Most importantly, the sudden throttle heavy input while on freeway at 60-80 to pass people no longer has any oscillation from fuel pump voltage fluctuations. There is no more "wao wao wao wao" of the throttle and rpm when pressing gas hard. Shifts are much smoother also under high throttle. I am testing on xHP stage 3 now and after work today, I will see how she reacts under wot stage 3. I reckon she will still be violent but there will be no more lurching backwards then forwards due to voltage fluctuations of the old ekpm3 unit.

Wait do people actually get throttle fluctuations because of hobb switches? How does that work? I though just the LPFP fluctuates in logs? I just received my fuel it 650 package with the hobbs switch so now I'm curious. Since my ekp stays only with the stock fuel pump it shouldnt give codes or anything.

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
Wait do people actually get throttle fluctuations because of hobb switches? How does that work? I though just the LPFP fluctuates in logs? I just received my fuel it 650 package with the hobbs switch so now I'm curious. Since my ekp stays only with the stock fuel pump it shouldnt give codes or anything.

My car did. Stock ekpm 2 and 3 never kept up and would cause oscillations in throttle and flutter and shifting anomlies. Yours may not if it ain't insanely modded.

I have stage 3lpfp and port injection.

rac

Sergeant
Nov 14, 2016
Australia
Ride
135i ST
Does the three pump controller also have 40A or 50A maximum continuous current dividend amongst three outputs?
Or do we get another ancillary controller for the third pump?

EOSpeed

Corporal
Nov 7, 2016
Chicago, IL
Does the three pump controller also have 40A or 50A maximum continuous current dividend amongst three outputs?
Or do we get another ancillary controller for the third pump?

With a 3 pump system there is a secondary slave board. one of the units will have a 50amp fuse and the slave board will have a 40amp fused harness.

Reactions: rac