Bricked XProg Box

Boorda

Corporal
Jul 15, 2018
Royse City, TX
futemire.com
Ride
328xi, 335xi M Sport
Are there any fellow XProg Box owners that know how to and would be willing to reflash mine to v5.5.5?
My dumb a$$ accidently clicked the Update button and now I'm getting certificate errors.
I'd like to avoid having to buy a second one if possible.

Boorda

Corporal
Jul 15, 2018
Royse City, TX
futemire.com
Ride
328xi, 335xi M Sport
That sucks, what are you doing with it?

It's what I use to reflash FRM modules the get corrupt. I have an FRM now that I need to reflash and found out my EEPROM programmer is bricked.
I had no idea at the time I bought the XProg-M that it was a clone and basically pirates the software it uses to do the programming.
Sucks because I bought it for $100, thought it was legit.

Basically if you click Update or connect to the internet then the software reports back to the real XProg software server and locks.
Works great when it works, just got to make sure you are on an old laptop that's disconnected from the rest of the world... ALWAYS....

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5
I'll post a tutorial in the resources once I reflash mine, it looks like thats how its going to be anyway. =P
You should contact them and report where you bought it they prob will help you out with discount or replacement for helping them take down an illegal source. I know if you get counterfeit parts and they were advertised legit alot of manufacturers will help you out