M3 Build Thread: 2015 BMW M3 (Lots of Photos & Videos!)

suspenceful

700HP Club (N54)
Aug 1, 2017
After lusting over the F80 M3 and F82 M4 for years, I finally found myself in the position to purchase one. I didn’t want to settle on just any F8X, I needed the perfect one.

Since I already have a 750whp BMW 135i for the track and a BMW 335i for daily duties, I wanted a modern weekend warrior. I found myself leaning towards the M3 because of its wide rear hips and the practicality of a 4-door sedan.

After searching nationwide for about a month with no luck, an M3 that matched my criteria popped up locally! Meet my 14th BMW, but my first ///M...

2015 BMW M3 with 46K miles
  • Mineral Grey Metallic
  • Black Extended Merino Leather
  • Manual Transmission (6MT)
  • Driver Assistance Plus
  • Executive Package
  • Lighting Package
  • Adaptive suspension
  • Carbon Fiber Roof
  • Harman Kardon Surround Sound System

It's stock right now but I have a boatload of modifications on the way. I'll be working with Kies Motorsports and a few other companies for this M3 build. My vision is a functional, good-looking weekend car. But knowing me, I'll probably blow right past that :sweatsmile:

Some of you might've already seen some of my BMW YouTube videos (just hit 26K subscribers!), but I'll be documenting this build on my channel as well. I'll also be posting exclusive high quality photos on my Instagram. I'd encourage anyone who is interested to subscribe/follow on those platforms as well. I usually post on YouTube/IG first, then follow up on the forums as I have time to type up written content.

YouTube: https://youtube.com/jakespence135
Instagram: https://instagram.com/jakespence

I know my way around the N5X/E9X platform very well, so hopefully I can learn this S55/F80 quickly!

49481424746_7d2f7d11a4_c.jpg

49481424791_694cf8b69b_c.jpg

49481640992_62b5bd76a5_c.jpg

49481425631_776795e4dc_c.jpg

49481640637_41f608cc10_c.jpg

derekgates

Sergeant
Feb 23, 2018
NW FL
Looking great! Certainly one of the best colors.

The detailed photography is really nice. I appreciate your bokeh shots and getting closer to details instead of 'whole car' shots that I see often. That lit shift knob is awesome!

I am confused by one part; it appears yours has adaptive cruise while being a manual?! I thought you had to have DCT for that!

What kind of price range was your M3, if you don't mind mentioning that?

suspenceful

700HP Club (N54)
Aug 1, 2017
Looking great! Certainly one of the best colors.

The detailed photography is really nice. I appreciate your bokeh shots and getting closer to details instead of 'whole car' shots that I see often. That lit shift knob is awesome!

I am confused by one part; it appears yours has adaptive cruise while being a manual?! I thought you had to have DCT for that!

What kind of price range was your M3, if you don't mind mentioning that?
Thank you! I love the color, but sometimes I think it's too "grandpa grey", lol.

What makes you think it has adaptive cruise? I could try it out... I'm still learning away around all of these new buttons and features.

I paid $37,000 + tax, title and registration. It came with two sets of good wheels (original 19" 437M with Michelin Pilot Super Sports and 19" style 251 with Michelin snow tires) and two sets of floormats (original and Weathertech).

derekgates

Sergeant
Feb 23, 2018
NW FL
Thank you! I love the color, but sometimes I think it's too "grandpa grey", lol.
Sheesh, I freaking love that color. Great contrast with some blacked out parts (or chrome). Looks fantastic to me! Refined but also sporty without screaming "HI I AM FAST CAR PULL ME OVER THANKS".

What makes you think it has adaptive cruise? I could try it out... I'm still learning away around all of these new buttons and features.
Oh... is that lane keep assist?

It has a similar appearance to my i3 adaptive:

I paid $37,000 + tax, title and registration. It came with two sets of good wheels (original 19" 437M with Michelin Pilot Super Sports and 19" style 251 with Michelin snow tires) and two sets of floormats (original and Weathertech).

Hell of a deal! That thing looks mint and a great combination of options.

It sounds ridiculous, but this car is my ultimate except for that damn straight line on front bumper/hood. I CAN'T NOT SEE IT (why am I like this). F80/F82 or M2C are next on my list (if the 335is ever angers me to the point of geting rid of it! :p )

You doing Bootmod3 on this car? Keeping engine stock as the weekend car? I saw you have some mods on the way...

suspenceful

700HP Club (N54)
Aug 1, 2017
Sheesh, I freaking love that color. Great contrast with some blacked out parts (or chrome). Looks fantastic to me! Refined but also sporty without screaming "HI I AM FAST CAR PULL ME OVER THANKS".

Oh... is that lane keep assist?

Hell of a deal! That thing looks mint and a great combination of options.

It sounds ridiculous, but this car is my ultimate except for that damn straight line on front bumper/hood. I CAN'T NOT SEE IT (why am I like this). F80/F82 or M2C are next on my list (if the 335is ever angers me to the point of geting rid of it! :p )

You doing Bootmod3 on this car? Keeping engine stock as the weekend car? I saw you have some mods on the way...
Those two vertical yellow lines in the speedo are the lane assist. If you start drifting lanes, the steering wheel will vibrate.

The car is very clean, but it does have some normal wear and tear not pictured in the photos. I agree, it was a good deal all things considered. I bought it from a guy who wasn't very familiar with BMWs and didn't know it was as loaded as it is.

I do plan on doing BM3 to the car, along with a few bolt ons. But I'm going to focus on a few aesthetics first. You'll see updates soon :)

• 1Like
Reactions: derekgates
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Welles100 M3 /// M4 1