We made some progress yesterday in working the front connections and mid-pipe. The remainder of this will get tackled next week, along with backfilling the completed tubing with argon and welding up all the seems.
Good question. We've not firmed up the front tube location, and need to check clearance with the shield. I'll make sure I cover that on the next work day.How much clearance do you have between the front manifold and the stainless 1.75" primary outlet pipe? will you be able to install that heatshield now?
It's looking great, nice work.
Im glad you said that I think people are getting results all over because the turbos are all clocked slightly different also when I was trying with vrsf outlets I modified corner of heat shield .Okay a bit more progress in the shop yesterday. Worked on getting final fitting sorted out relative to the Hydra shield. From doing this I figured out that the front turbo was not clocked quite right. So I work that until the outlet reasonably cleared the shield, while maintaining about 0.040" clearance from the wastegate to the block. We have some minor mods to make to the shield where there is contact in various places. Neither Omar or I could figure out why ... I chalk it up to minor assembly variations ... no worries, they are easy adaptations.
So everything at this point is tacked in place, minus the connecting pipe for the outlet to charge air coupler pipe that goes to the FMIC. I need to grind angles on those two pipes to make the proper angle, so those went back with me to do at my shop. I suspect next week we'll have it together, and then Barry will backfill the pipe with Argon gas and TIG all the seams.
View attachment 29583
View attachment 29584
Shield clearance work:
View attachment 29585 . View attachment 29586 . View attachment 29587 . View attachment 29588 . View attachment 29589 .
Modification marks once turbo was clocked:
View attachment 29590 . View attachment 29591 . View attachment 29592
Sizing turbo couplers:
View attachment 29593
My lock nut was not tight on the front turbo band clamp, when I loosened it up to re clock. Anyway moving the turbos around some may help with issues mounting outlets. I never understood why they don't work with outlets.Im glad you said that I think people are getting results all over because the turbos are all clocked slightly different also when I was trying with vrsf outlets I modified corner of heat shield .