Burger Tuning Oil Catch Can Long Term Review

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5
Exactly how am I bashing Panzer? By suggesting that he go ahead and do proper tests with proper equipment to really get apples to apples data? Do you see any of my posts calling people names or using sarcastic insults like you? No. If you disagree then simply explain it and point it out. We are all grownups here and shouldn't throw fits if someone writes something that is not congruent with our experiences. If you have had excellent custom maps from Ken or anyone else, then recommend him and be happy. I have heard legendary rhings about him and that is why I chose him for the first person on the first place. Unfortunately it didn't work out for whatever reason. Them's the breaks. So what?
Exactly we are all grown ups so then fine I'll say I could be wrong but you were taking a passive aggressive swing at him and admitted it was directed at him afterwards when if you read the whole thread he was trying to come to a conclusion of why your valves got dirty and was trying to make sure he didn't need to do something diff. It started as a question of if it mattered the valves orientation and just got way overboard and off topic. He may have speculated but he didnt accuse and he asked for more information from the person that he felt and I agree as well would have it aka rob as much as I'm pissed that I got my first neg rep ever from rob just now it doesnt change that he knows his shit and is very talented when it comes to these cars, does it mean I agree with every word out of his mouth no but I still respect his opinion and dont want to see anything bad come about to anyone for no good reason . Sometimes I know I should keep my mouth shut but I just felt I had to say something to try to make you look from other side since you of all people should be sensitive to the subject considering how much content you put out and the responses you have had to your opinions.

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
Exactly we are all grown ups so then fine I'll say I could be wrong but you were taking a passive aggressive swing at him and admitted it was directed at him afterwards when if you read the whole thread he was trying to come to a conclusion of why your valves got dirty and was trying to make sure he didn't need to do something diff. It started as a question of if it mattered the valves orientation and just got way overboard and off topic. He may have speculated but he didnt accuse and he asked for more information from the person that he felt and I agree as well would have it aka rob as much as I'm pissed that I got my first neg rep ever from rob just now it doesnt change that he knows his shit and is very talented when it comes to these cars, does it mean I agree with every word out of his mouth no but I still respect his opinion and dont want to see anything bad come about to anyone for no good reason . Sometimes I know I should keep my mouth shut but I just felt I had to say something to try to make you look from other side since you of all people should be sensitive to the subject considering how much content you put out and the responses you have had to your opinions.

Look dude, I don't know you, or the RB guy, or Panzer and I have no interest in shitting on people. At this point you and I have interacted more than the RB guy and I have ever interacted.

All I see here is a person who does not make things, doesn't sell things, arguing with a guy with a company that has done all those things and I have one of his devices that works as advertised AND made my car run better. So to me, he don't have a leg to stand on if he hasn't made proper testing apples to apples as compare to RB guy. Now if you guys don't like the way the RB guy or I write, then that's too bad. We are not snowflakes. If i feel slighted or insulted, I will ask as I did. And I will respond as necessary. Naturally my response may piss you off because you are of an aggressive nature.

If you think that suggesting people do proper tests and stop wasting their time arguing with professionals is passive aggressive, well...I don't know what to tell you. Should I have come in and called him an idiot off the bat? Perhaps that would be direct and more pleasing to you? Decide what exactly you want here.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Rob@RBTurbo

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5
You were being passive agressive and anyone can search your posts and search mine to get real facts on who is agressive and also they will see you have made plenty mistakes and asked questions already answered that some may feel were dumb "would my car report 2048nm" just today. You can say what you want nothing changes that you were being a hypocrite. He asked if their could be issue with valve being vertical rob said no it seals he said ok obviously it was alot more than that but everything was over and people went their own ways, you just stirred pot in retrospect I did same and further perpetuated this mess but I felt you were being rude to someone for no reason ,so I made a passive agressive post towards you which wasnt mature but like I said it annoyed me cause its shit like that and this that keeps threads from moving on .My rants done if you want you can keep going but I wont bother responding as either your choosing to pretend you dont get it which might work for people reading this until they check your post history or maybe this wasnt a waste of time and you will get that jumping on the bandwagon cause it turned out someone seeking info made a mistake is not cool ,like he said alot of products have been improved because of cust feedback shit half the n54 portfolio has basically been a beta run.

Last edited:

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
You were being passive agressive and anyone can search your posts and search mine to get real facts on who is agressive and also they will see you have made plenty mistakes and asked questions already answered that some may feel were dumb "would my car report 2048nm" just today. You can say what you want nothing changes that you were being a hypocrite. He asked if their could be issue with valve being vertical rob said no it seals he said ok obviously it was alot more than that but everything was over and people went their own ways, you just stirred pot in retrospect I did same and further perpetuated this mess but I felt you were being rude to someone for no reason ,so I made a passive agressive post towards you which wasnt mature but like I said it annoyed me cause its shit like that and this that keeps threads from moving on .My rants done if you want you can keep going but I wont bother responding as either your choosing to pretend you dont get it which might work for people reading this until they check your post history or maybe this wasnt a waste of time and you will get that jumping on the bandwagon cause it turned out someone seeking info made a mistake is not cool ,like he said alot of products have been improved because of cust feedback shit half the n54 portfolio has basically been a beta run.

If I don't know something I say i don't know. Whether it tuning or transmission programming. I do not argue with the people who develop the stuff. I report my experience good or bad. If the RB valve didn't work then that's what you would have read. If a vendor wants to reply to me whether its RB or Ken etc... then they are always welcome to explain things.

There is no hypocrisy anywhere. Either I know something from experience or I don't. The bullshit meter is strong in the community so I do not fuck around pretending or arguing.

I report and that's it. So panzer spoke from a theoretical position - " a cannot cause b" and my report contradicts that theory (which I happen to also believe). So obviously there is something missing. Therefore it is suggested that he do proper tests like RB and provide findings so that the issue can be efficiently solved. NOT waste time blowing on things with the mouth and then attempting to compare that with stringent technical tests that companies perform.

Why did I even bother? Because this thread flew off the handles because of his argument. This is supposed to be a simple quick review of long term BMS occ. Not a big argument about something else. Take it to the octagon.

If you think that my ignorance on MHD torque 2048nm was hilarious... your head would melt if you were aware of the many other n54 topics I have no clue about. But tell me, what does that have to do with this discussion or hypocrisy? Did I ever claim to know anything I am ignorant about? No. I post helpful things that I only have experience with solving. The rest is blindly asking for help like man in a foreign land.

I take umbrage to your insinuation that I am a hypocrite because hypocrisy is due to arrogance and that is disgusting.

Rob@RBTurbo

Lieutenant
Dec 7, 2016
St. Louis, MO USA
www.rbturbo.com
Ride
'08 335i, '14 M6, '15 Tundra
And some wonder why most vendors not often, if ever, engage with anyone 1:1 on the forums. All it takes is that one dummy and everything goes to shit and it is a complete waste of everyones time.:tearsofjoy:

Moral of the story is that matreyia is correct, if you think you have something great then do it. Then have not only you, but hundreds to thousands of others do it for not only months but years; let us see how it turns out for you. As always we will be here to take the countless calls, emails, etc. to get you all back on track when combo x,y,z lets you down.:cool:

Rob

Last edited:

Panzerfaust

Lieutenant
Jul 3, 2018
Chicago
Ride
E92 335i
If I don't know something I say i don't know. Whether it tuning or transmission programming. I do not argue with the people who develop the stuff. I report my experience good or bad. If the RB valve didn't work then that's what you would have read. If a vendor wants to reply to me whether its RB or Ken etc... then they are always welcome to explain things.

There is no hypocrisy anywhere. Either I know something from experience or I don't. The bullshit meter is strong in the community so I do not fuck around pretending or arguing.

. Therefore it is suggested that he do proper tests like RB and provide findings so that the issue can be efficiently solved. NOT waste time blowing on things with the mouth and then attempting to compare that with stringent technical tests that companies perform.

Why did I even bother? Because this thread flew off the handles because of his argument. This is supposed to be a simple quick review of long term BMS occ. Not a big argument about something else. Take it to the octagon.

I take umbrage to your insinuation that I am a hypocrite because hypocrisy is due to arrogance and that is disgusting.
This will be the only one of your several posts about me I'll reply to, because as I've said a hundred times in this thread an every other one where Rob has dissed me - I don't have any dog in this fight except my personal self. I did not get defensive or aggressive until it was *me* that was being attacked by Rob because I posed a question about his product.

As for your argument of "Panzer should have done tests if he was going to make claims, I just report what I personally experience" - how did I do any different and why should you not have to do tests to prove what you experienced if I'm going to be put to that standard. Yes, the RB valve is 99% likely the reason you had no oil dripping from your PCV cap after install. That does not mean it made your car make more power - it means the blowby was now going in the right direction and you weren't getting oil pooling up because of it anymore. But how about you show me an apples to apples comparison of how it made more power since all of our claims have to be proven with tests vendors use? I'll be waiting for the before/after dyno.

Regarding me testing things - not only did I mention that I also used proper, higher pressure testing (with a high capacity, high pressure air compressor used to power air tools and, impact wrenches and all sorts of other things), but I even said in my post questioning Rob that he probably tested it vertically (because that's how flow benches are usually set up) and my valve sealed properly while vertical - so we had the same results there. However when I went one step further and tested it horizontally with my airgun, it still did not seal properly. Yet my test results fell on deaf ears (once again, even while admitting my valve could just be bad) because Rob can not be wrong and his products can not fail. So you and your boy Rob can stop pretending like I puckered up and blew a kiss through the wrong side of the valve and said it didn't close right.

Go look at the BimmerLife coil thread. When I test something I do it properly, not just "write what I personally experience". I spent more time scientifically measuring everything for those posts than you or Rob have spent wasting your time with hypocritical posts in this thread. Alex from BL was personally in touch with me and requested that I show him my results too, much like other good vendors have asked of their customers. Rob just does not want to hear an opinion that isn't his own echoed back at him, so he went for cheap shots on a straw man that everyone can see through if they don't have their face buried in someone's lap. My posts were intended to help people like you to combat valve buildup, if you're upset that I would do that in your thread about preventing valve buildup then my sincerest apologies.

I'd quote Rob's dumb "this is why vendors don't interact with their customers" but this forum itself is evidence of that being so back-asswards that it's hilarious he would have the gall to even think that.

Last edited:

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
Both YOU AND Rob09 are missing the point completely because you two are blinded by emotions.

Here I will be more blunt if it makes you happy. You have a right to ask questions, but if you don't test properly and argue with professionals who do things for a living - MOST IMPORTANTLY if you argue with these people on a thread that was supposed to be about another subject, then you are wasting everyone's time and poisoning the thread. Now can sit here and point out and justify all your little sentences to make yourself feel better but the fact remains, you are trying to argue something that has nothing to do with the thread without proper data.

That dude probably deals with questions all the time and has probably explained to the nth degree to so many folks that he's fed up with it and is venting. Is it enjoyable to read terse replies to your inquiries? Of course not. Do you blame a guy that has to do this over ad nauseum? Nope.

He's pissed and rightly so. You are arrogant, you only see your side. You came in acting like like you knew absolutely what was up, you are habitual. And when things begin to fall apart, you do not sincerely admit your ignorance, you only admit it in a way as to save your face. If RB guy is pissed and goes for a cheap shot, you play his game. soon, nothing is productive. If you insult me or Rob09 or anyone...I make sure that I understand the nature of the insult and reply to it - if it is about me being ignorant in this or that and I am ignorant in such things, then that is true and there's nothing to debate.

"That does not mean it made your car make more power - it means the blowby was now going in the right direction and you weren't getting oil pooling up because of it anymore." - Panzer

Do you realize the stupidity of this statement after I already told you multiple times that things are interconnected directly or indirectly and I warned you that one thing can lead to another? So now you figured it out? Good for you. I told you that your theoretical understanding - "pcv has nothing to do with x or y" may be true, but we should not let that understanding blind us to the facts in front of us. I told you after installing the upgrade, my car ran better, performed better, had better throttle response. Where do you see "...makes your car make more power"? That is a ridiculous statement. So spare me your justifications and false accusations.

You have wasted enough time on this thread feeding your ego. I tried to suggest to you NOT argue with people if you don't have proper measurements, instead of saying "you're right", people go apeshit and gang up on the comment. It won't matter if the entire population of the world gangs up on it, what's right is right.

At first you came here discussing about some more elaborate kit or method which I am completely ignorant about. Fine, that's helpful, I appreciate new things. But then you started to focus on your situation which was fine, until RB guy came in and then things went to shit when he saw that you didn't even do proper testing and dared to equate that with his work. I'd be pissed too. I'd tell you the exact same thing that I told you in the suggestion comment. And if you continued, I would also block you.

Blocking people are extreme measures only to be done in cases of abuse like that dickhead Aaron. You want hypcrisy? Try reading his shit.

anyways, after all this time, if you still don't understand the suggestion and you want to say it's passive aggressive attack, then fine, think that. I don't pussyfoot around. I see something, I say it. I shouldn't have to admit anything, because my comments should be obvious in terms to who it is directed at and for what reason.

Hopefully, people here won't let their anger get the best of them and come to their senses so they can continue to benefit potentially from those who pissed them off at one place or another.

• Agree

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
"But how about you show me an apples to apples comparison of how it made more power since all of our claims have to be proven with tests vendors use? I'll be waiting for the before/after dyno."

And I'll be waiting for you to show me where I ever wrote that the car made more power. For fuck's sake dude. You're conflating things left and right.

Also I don't need to test anything because I am not the one with any problems. It is a weird thing to test a part after you install it and it makes the car run better than before. Why? Because that was the test. End of story.

"not only did I mention that I also used proper, higher pressure testing (with a high capacity, high pressure air compressor used to power air tools and, impact wrenches and all sorts of other things), but I even said in my post questioning Rob that he probably tested it vertically (because that's how flow benches are usually set up) and my valve sealed properly while vertical - so we had the same results there. However when I went one step further and tested it horizontally with my airgun, it still did not seal properly. Yet my test results fell on deaf ears (once again, even while admitting my valve could just be bad) because Rob can not be wrong and his products can not fail. So you and your boy Rob can stop pretending like I puckered up and blew a kiss through the wrong side of the valve and said it didn't close right."

You what's happening here? Why don't you simply ask the proper way to test it instead of assuming that impact wrenches, air guns and 'all sorts of other things'.... is the the way. You just assume things and then go apeshit. Be humble, and ask how to do it properly and stop assuming this or that "should" be the same as the correct way to test things. If you made a product that was supposed to do this function and you published on your white papers that you tested it with an 'airgun, impact wrench and all sort of other things' - only a fool would even consider buying this product.

Hell, you would question it yourself. It is nauseating to try to continue to explain things to you. I said it clearly, I repeated it. All I am getting is false accusations about power increase...etc.

Last edited:
  • Agree

Panzerfaust

Lieutenant
Jul 3, 2018
Chicago
Ride
E92 335i
Both YOU AND Rob09 are missing the point completely because you two are blinded by emotions.

Here I will be more blunt if it makes you happy. You have a right to ask questions, but if you don't test properly and argue with professionals who do things for a living - MOST IMPORTANTLY if you argue with these people on a thread that was supposed to be about another subject, then you are wasting everyone's time and poisoning the thread. Now can sit here and point out and justify all your little sentences to make yourself feel better but the fact remains, you are trying to argue something that has nothing to do with the thread without proper data.

That dude probably deals with questions all the time and has probably explained to the nth degree to so many folks that he's fed up with it and is venting. Is it enjoyable to read terse replies to your inquiries? Of course not. Do you blame a guy that has to do this over ad nauseum? Nope.

He's pissed and rightly so. You are arrogant, you only see your side. You came in acting like like you knew absolutely what was up, you are habitual. And when things begin to fall apart, you do not sincerely admit your ignorance, you only admit it in a way as to save your face. If RB guy is pissed and goes for a cheap shot, you play his game. soon, nothing is productive. If you insult me or Rob09 or anyone...I make sure that I understand the nature of the insult and reply to it - if it is about me being ignorant in this or that and I am ignorant in such things, then that is true and there's nothing to debate.

"That does not mean it made your car make more power - it means the blowby was now going in the right direction and you weren't getting oil pooling up because of it anymore." - Panzer

Do you realize the stupidity of this statement after I already told you multiple times that things are interconnected directly or indirectly and I warned you that one thing can lead to another? So now you figured it out? Good for you. I told you that your theoretical understanding - "pcv has nothing to do with x or y" may be true, but we should not let that understanding blind us to the facts in front of us. I told you after installing the upgrade, my car ran better, performed better, had better throttle response. Where do you see "...makes your car make more power"? That is a ridiculous statement. So spare me your justifications and false accusations.

You have wasted enough time on this thread feeding your ego. I tried to suggest to you NOT argue with people if you don't have proper measurements, instead of saying "you're right", people go apeshit and gang up on the comment. It won't matter if the entire population of the world gangs up on it, what's right is right
Alright, I really have no problem with you or even your reaction to what you think I was saying. However I think you've really misinterpreted several of my posts, probably due to the way RB attacks people and spins things. I was genuinely trying to help investigate a problem *everyone* has. I didn't even want to get this thread sidetracked as far as it already is, but I've had to defend myself every time I've gotten a notification from this thread. Here is my first post in this thread:
When you say "PCV from RB", do you mean just the little valve or the full external kit where you put a catch can in the loop?

Lately the Facebook groups seem to think the upgraded PCV valve *is* the external PCV setup. I can't even tell you how many posts I've seen where people say they want to "go from the
RB external to a PCV delete so I can do a catch can" and then talk about screwing a cap over the PCV valve. In fact, I'd imagine Rob probably fields twice as many questions about his PCV options as he does about his turbos these days.
That's pretty disappointing to hear tbh. I, like many others, bought the external PCV hoping it'd decimate the need for walnut blasting. I don't run the BMS can because many have said it doesn't catch anything after the low side install, coupled with the fact that the high side dumps so far away from intake valves I doubt it contributes to any buildup.

What I did find interesting the other day is that one of the RB valves I have lying around from my pre-external days would actually leak a tiny bit once in a while if flat (how it would be installed in an N54) but sealed perfectly while vertical. Maybe that could be part of the reason we still get buildup?

I don't know anything about Toyota's engines, but if their PCV valve is normally mounted vertical it'd make sense. I seem to recall back when these first came out for our platform they were advertised as being able to hold like20-30psi+? The other options are either
A: I received a faulty one
B: the valve is a knockoff and doesn't seal like its supposed to.

All of this really has me re-thinking whether or not the Turner-ECS style of catch can/PCV setup could really be that bad. I've never seen anyone answer why completely plugging the low side and plumbing everything out the high side is a bad idea, other than Rob saying we'd have less vacuum at idle and the few reviews seem to be positive.
[/B]
I've bolded the part that you seem to have misinterpreted, and that Rob got upset about. If you read it without thinking of how RB replied, I don't see how or why it could be considered attacking anyone.

I felt it relevant to post because A: you were discussing PCV setups, and how your high side caught blow-by, and B: because lots of us who have an externalized pcv/low side catch can, no longer catch anything in the high-side (BMS style) can. I posted my experience (just like you), but went a little further by discussing the possibilities of why we still see built-up carbon. Nowhere in that post do I even mention Rob, or say his product is bad, or even say my "testing" (which I didn't mention in that post - RB came along and said I was blowing in it like a bubble wand. Not me.) somehow was superior to Rob's. Once again, I'm genuinely sorry if you did not want any discussion in the thread about how we could better our PCV systems. That's not me trying to save face, that's me being real. I replied to yours and other's posts, got attacked, and tried to explain my point of view until things admittedly went downhill from there. If you'd prefer there not to be any more discussion about improving the PCV system in your thread then I'll go ahead and excuse myself from it as long as I'm not longer being insulted by Rob, any RB fans or you yourself. But I bet after re-reading my initial posts (pre-RB baiting) you'll see I was trying to be helpful to the entire community, and being reasonable at worst.

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
Alright, I really have no problem with you or even your reaction to what you think I was saying. However I think you've really misinterpreted several of my posts, probably due to the way RB attacks people and spins things. I was genuinely trying to help investigate a problem *everyone* has. I didn't even want to get this thread sidetracked as far as it already is, but I've had to defend myself every time I've gotten a notification from this thread. Here is my first post in this thread:

I've bolded the part that you seem to have misinterpreted, and that Rob got upset about. If you read it without thinking of how RB replied, I don't see how or why it could be considered attacking anyone.

I felt it relevant to post because A: you were discussing PCV setups, and how your high side caught blow-by, and B: because lots of us who have an externalized pcv/low side catch can, no longer catch anything in the high-side (BMS style) can. I posted my experience (just like you), but went a little further by discussing the possibilities of why we still see built-up carbon. Nowhere in that post do I even mention Rob, or say his product is bad, or even say my "testing" (which I didn't mention in that post - RB came along and said I was blowing in it like a bubble wand. Not me.) somehow was superior to Rob's. Once again, I'm genuinely sorry if you did not want any discussion in the thread about how we could better our PCV systems. That's not me trying to save face, that's me being real. I replied to yours and other's posts, got attacked, and tried to explain my point of view until things admittedly went downhill from there. If you'd prefer there not to be any more discussion about improving the PCV system in your thread then I'll go ahead and excuse myself from it as long as I'm not longer being insulted by Rob, any RB fans or you yourself. But I bet after re-reading my initial posts (pre-RB baiting) you'll see I was trying to be helpful to the entire community, and being reasonable at worst.

No, I GET THAT YOU ARE WERE TRYING TO HELP THE COMMUNITY. That's not the point here. It's not even the point that you even added qualifiers about the possibility of having a malfunctioning unit. These things are not the point.

The point is that that RB dude explained it to you - multiple times and this kept on going on and on and ruining this thread. So I suggested that you not try to argue with a guy that does this stuff for a living and if you wanted to prove a defect in design, then do proper testing. THATS ALL.

Rob@RBTurbo

Lieutenant
Dec 7, 2016
St. Louis, MO USA
www.rbturbo.com
Ride
'08 335i, '14 M6, '15 Tundra
No, I GET THAT YOU ARE WERE TRYING TO HELP THE COMMUNITY. That's not the point here. It's not even the point that you even added qualifiers about the possibility of having a malfunctioning unit. These things are not the point.

The point is that that RB dude explained it to you - multiple times and this kept on going on and on and ruining this thread. So I suggested that you not try to argue with a guy that does this stuff for a living and if you wanted to prove a defect in design, then do proper testing. THATS ALL.

Guess he is still going. Let us dumb it down a bit for him, as presumably he can still view our posts (as he neg reps them accordingly).

We made not a single post in this thread, upon entrance here is what we'd already seen asserted by this guy:

1) "My RB valve leaks and is maybe faulty."- Still unproven and extremely unlikely.
2) "The Toyota valve is positioned incorrectly, found google image showing to be the case."- Incorrect.
3) "The RB valve I recieved could be a knock off."- Absolutely false.
4) "I remember VTT made comments in the past about the RB valve that was inferior."- Laughable.
5) "The check valve could be the best solution, Chris please help us figure out the answer."- Okkkayyy.
6) "If it was any other competitors thread, RB would have already had a white paper about their shoddy results."- Possibly if we had been tired of hearing about it for years already offline as is typical.

(NOTE: This is not our first encounter with him either and was becoming an increasing pattern, typical of the other forum twits we have ignored.)

With this complete lack of comprehension one would tend to hope English was his 4th or 5th language, but we do do not feel that is the case whatsoever. So hey let's have a ton of respect for this guy despite constant attacks, bogus assertions, and his incessant passive aggressive troll-like behavior. Yeah, no thanks.

Rob

• Dumb
Reactions: Panzerfaust

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
This is 6 months of oil.

Very soon will order kit from RB to plug ports and add 2nd can.

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
Interesting. i just checked mine BMS high side can - 1 TBSP of oil in 7k miles.

Filippo

Panzerfaust

Lieutenant
Jul 3, 2018
Chicago
Ride
E92 335i
Interesting. i just checked mine BMS high side can - 1 TBSP of oil in 7k miles.

Filippo

Some cars have a TBSP after a year...I suppose each car set up is unique.
If I'm remembering correctly, Fillipo has an externalized low side setup and catch can already in place. From my understanding that alone drastically drops the amount of oil that ends up going out the high side too, as much of that is "built up" inside before ever being sent through the high side once under boost. Many people have removed their high side cans after fixing the low side, so I'd expect you to have much less next time you check that can if you do go with the RB or similar setup.

Reactions: matreyia

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
I have low-side just installed but 0 miles. That 1 TBSP of oil in the high side is 7k miles @ 20psi FBO stock turbos, stock low side PCV.

Filippo

Panzerfaust

Lieutenant
Jul 3, 2018
Chicago
Ride
E92 335i
I have low-side just installed but 0 miles. That 1 TBSP of oil in the high side is 7k miles @ 20psi FBO stock turbos, stock low side PCV.

Filippo
My mistake but wow, that's still very impressive! I'm interested to see what you'll collect in the next couple K with the low side in place as you clearly dont get much blowby as it is - I'd guess you could end up going a full typical US yearly mileage span (~15-20K) without even that TBSP if your ports are plugged too.

I've heard of several people having almost completely dry high side cans at oil change intervals once externalizing the low side and some ditching it entirely after that, although obviously two cans will still always be safer than one.

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
From what I read, I expect low-side is a bigger culprit. We'll see. I've not yet posted my complete low-side install (DIY light I guess) but will do at some point in the next month or so. Just busy lining up lots of stuff for this winter's car work. I'll stop on this piece now, given it is off-topic from OP's subject.

Filippo

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
From what I read, I expect low-side is a bigger culprit. We'll see. I've not yet posted my complete low-side install (DIY light I guess) but will do at some point in the next month or so. Just busy lining up lots of stuff for this winter's car work. I'll stop on this piece now, given it is off-topic from OP's subject.

Filippo
I will be awaiting your diy on the port plugging and setting up the second can with RB kit. Something to look forward to...and i suppose another walnut blasting since I am there.

Reactions: fmorelli