Burger Tuning Oil Catch Can Long Term Review

BOosted 335i

Sergeant
Jun 1, 2017
New Jersey
Ride
E90 BMW 335i
I can say I have had the bms occ since the version 2 came out some yrs now and my high side had very little to almost none at this point.over this past summer I went with a low side alongside my high side with a added valve cover breather(my opinion a must have for relieving boost in valve cover under boost),highside still dry but low side I see oil.not a lot but guess the normal amount.so I would say the low side is a must.since your not under full boost while driving low boost,cruising where most are us where the lowside would come into play.
I went the custom route for catchcan but still serves the same effective purpose.

Reactions: matreyia

Panzerfaust

Lieutenant
Jul 3, 2018
Chicago
Ride
E92 335i
From what I read, I expect low-side is a bigger culprit. We'll see. I've not yet posted my complete low-side install (DIY light I guess) but will do at some point in the next month or so. Just busy lining up lots of stuff for this winter's car work. I'll stop on this piece now, given it is off-topic from OP's subject.

Filippo
Interested to see what route you took for the low side too - IIRC I spotted a UPC check valve in line somewhere, probably between TB and CC if I had to guess? I was eyeing the same valve but stuck a VTT check valve in that spot too for safe measure and because I was ordering their PCV delete anyway so I could run the Toyota valve in-line vertically. From the looks of things between the check valve options and the design of the oil cap breather, VTT uses the same manufacturer as UPC (maybe UPC themselves?) anyway.

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5
No, I GET THAT YOU ARE WERE TRYING TO HELP THE COMMUNITY. That's not the point here. It's not even the point that you even added qualifiers about the possibility of having a malfunctioning unit. These things are not the point.

The point is that that RB dude explained it to you - multiple times and this kept on going on and on and ruining this thread. So I suggested that you not try to argue with a guy that does this stuff for a living and if you wanted to prove a defect in design, then do proper testing. THATS ALL.
Now that things have cooled down i just want to point out I stopped cause the argument ws going no where and shouldnt have been an argument. You guys are both saying the same thing as far as report what you find and that's best you can do. I did what i did and tried to remind you that you have been on the position going against the grain with your findings before to and just wanted you to stop and realize panzer ws trying to find out what was up with his car and checking for solutions. Rob rb does this on a daily look at the spline lock thread, but he in one breath said report your findings and that's it and the next bashed panzer for asking if any of those things he said could be issue he didn't make accusations he asked then it spiraled into agressive banter which is why I stopped but I hope a quick reread will show that this argument should never even have taken place and I hope you see that I just wanted you to respect his opinion as you have asked many to do including me. Which I have eventually done even though I dont agree.