Buying/DIAGNOSING a 2008 335i | dealer - "it has a fuel injector problem"

spoolzone

Lurker
Nov 13, 2018
Ride
07' e92 335i
First time taking codes from the 08 335i I just picked up ‍♂ Was told it had bad fuel injectors. Barely could touch the throttle at first and didn't wanna idle smooth at all until it warmed up.
Ended up changing bank 1 plugs, coils, and injectors..Definitely made a huge difference.
Links below ‼
Test Drive/Injector coding | Part 3
DIAGNOSING the N54 335i | "fuel injector problem" Part 2(ft. noshi)
Buying another n54?! | "fuel injector problem" Part 1
IG/YouTube @ Spoolzone
Follow my boys channel too @noshi

Last edited:
  • Dislike
Reactions: NoQuarter

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
Do you have any questions? Still diagnosing? Passing along a lesson learned? All I see are some incomplete thoughts and Youtube links to your channel. Seems to be the basis for your other 3 threads which you started, as well? Videos are great. I'm not speaking as a moderator but as a community member - I'm here to interact with people not to push up people's Youtube view counts. If you post actual content here, glad to interact with you here. Best of luck with your car.

Filippo

Last edited:

veer90

Lieutenant
Nov 16, 2016
West Nyack, NY
Ride
e90 335i 6MT
Do you have any questions? Still diagnosing? Passing along a lesson learned? All I see are some incomplete thoughts and Youtube links to your channel. Seems to be the basis for your other 3 threads which you started, as well? Videos are great. I'm not speaking as a moderator but as a community member - I'm here to interact with people not to push up people's Youtube view counts. If you post actual content here, glad to interact with you here. Best of luck with your car.

Filippo

... yeah this is not what the Technical prefix is meant for. lmao

Reactions: spoolzone

ShocknAwe

Captain
Jan 24, 2018
Charleston, SC
Ride
N54/3 1er ///Mutt
If injector is boned, replace it. Hardly technical or even uncommon as a standard maintenance item. Get out of my ER.

If I misunderstood and you're not attention grabbing or self promoting, please accept my humble and retroactive apologies.

spoolzone

Lurker
Nov 13, 2018
Ride
07' e92 335i

Filippo
it shows our thought process throughout. Also there was too much footage for one video so results and test drive is next. Sorry if "technical" was incorrect.

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
it shows our thought process throughout. Also there was too much footage for one video so results and test drive is next. Sorry if "technical" was incorrect.
Most appreciated. I suspect your Youtube community discusses your videos through the Youtube comments. This is a forum where this community collectively posts and discuss topics. If you'd like to discuss what you're doing here, thereby joining the community by participation, I'm sure you'd be well received. Nothing wrong with Youtube video links, but just like posting Wikipedia links as a thread starter ... yeah no one does that. We're content-centric, and the content centricity lies in the forum threads.

Filippo

Last edited:

SlowE93

Major
Jul 2, 2017
Just a plane ticket away !
Ride
E93
Most appreciated. I suspect your Youtube community discusses your videos through the Youtube comments. This is a forum where this community collectively posts and discuss topics. If you'd like to discuss what you're doing here, thereby joining the community by participation, I'm sure you'd be well received. Nothing wrong with Youtube video links, but just like posting Wikipedia links as a thread starter ... yeah no one does that. We're content-centric, and the content centricity lies in the forum threads.

Filippo
Naw Hell naw
Speak for urself ! What If I dont wanna accept him ??

• Funny

spoolzone

Lurker
Nov 13, 2018
Ride
07' e92 335i
Naw Hell naw
Speak for urself ! What If I dont wanna accept him ??
i do the same thing you guys do, i just decided to start recording it. Garage build. All my own research. You sound like a hater.

Last edited:
Reactions: SlowE93

spoolzone

Lurker
Nov 13, 2018
Ride
07' e92 335i
i do the same thing you guys do, i just decided to start recording it. You sound like a hater.

Filippo
Maybe if you checked out some of my other videos you wouldn't compare them to Wikipedia. I understand what your saying though. Test drive video is up. Shows injector coding for anyone who hasn't seen that, and a clear dash driving except a brake sensor and Tire pressure sensor to instill hope in the community. Lord knows there're limping N54's everywhere that need saving.

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
Maybe if you checked out some of my other videos you wouldn't compare them to Wikipedia. I understand what your saying though. Test drive video is up. Shows injector coding for anyone who hasn't seen that, and a clear dash driving except a brake sensor and Tire pressure sensor to instill hope in the community. Lord knows there're limping N54's everywhere that need saving.
To be clear, my point was certainly not to directly compare Wikipedia to your videos (though don't sell Wikipedia short - I've learned more there than from Youtube over the past twenty years lol). The point is, content that is fundamentally external to the forum as the basis of a forum is not a functional basis. That was the point of my analogy.

Filippo

spoolzone

Lurker
Nov 13, 2018
Ride
07' e92 335i
To be clear, my point was certainly not to directly compare Wikipedia to your videos (though don't sell Wikipedia short - I've learned more there than from Youtube over the past twenty years lol). The point is, content that is fundamentally external to the forum as the basis of a forum is not a functional basis. That was the point of my analogy.

Filippo
I agree with you. I have learned a ton from this forum and spent long hours researching . Definitely not trying to insult the community or this forum by posting irrelevant content. I just thought ppl might like to see this fix up, and probably the engine tear down footage and e92 build content I have (the main basis of my channel ). You could say it's self promotion but I've gotten quite a few questions through the videos about rebuilds and i enjoy sharing knowledge, meeting people with similar interests, and learning whenever I can. My love for these engines is the whole reason I'm on here.

Reactions: SlowE93

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
I did not say it was self-promotion. I would just encourage that you post direct content in the threads you start, so discussions happen here, and then you can provide a youtube link as well. The measure of a good thread is if it has meaningful discussion. If all the content is external to the thread, very unlikely to happen. And ... if the thread gets good discussion activity, I suspect the youtube videos get more traction too. :)

Filippo

ms335i

Lurker
Sep 24, 2018
Ride
07 335i
"I'm here to interact with people not to push up people's Youtube view counts"

You kinda did say that Filippo.