carbon fiber parts

Nov 3, 2016
Atlanta, GA
Ride
09 6MT 335i Single Turbo
They fit like all other carbon fiber does- "ok". Expect any carbon piece to need a little massage. I put a vorsteiner on an F10 and i expected for the $$$$$ for it to fit like a glove...... which it didnt.

its a molded in bump. not an anomaly

New.
250 sounds good? gonna have to package the hell out of it to keep it from being damaged
thanks for the response. I'm currently debating between this and a quad diffuser.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
So these disc backing plates just attempt to catch a little bit of the air coming out of the wheel well brake duct hole? How much gap is there between the opening on this backing plate and the wheel well duct? I assume because the wheel is articulating, that it isn't matched up a good part of the time?

Alex@abrhouston

Corporal
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
Houston, Texas
www.abrhouston.com
So these disc backing plates just attempt to catch a little bit of the air coming out of the wheel well brake duct hole? How much gap is there between the opening on this backing plate and the wheel well duct? I assume because the wheel is articulating, that it isn't matched up a good part of the time?

They don't attempt- they *DO*. Specifically they are designed to be used with brake hose routed to either the brake ducts in the bumper, or the front bumper to draw air. They will draw huge amounts while driving down the road from air pressure, and they fill the back of the hub/rotor area with air. Think of these filling the entire back of the hat of the rotor with air- pushing them out of the vents of the rotor itsself.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
They don't attempt- they *DO*. Specifically they are designed to be used with brake hose routed to either the brake ducts in the bumper, or the front bumper to draw air. They will draw huge amounts while driving down the road from air pressure, and they fill the back of the hub/rotor area with air. Think of these filling the entire back of the hat of the rotor with air- pushing them out of the vents of the rotor itsself.

If only the brake hosing wasn't so hack job looking. I'm working up a custom trans cooler, and custom brake ducting is on the list of things to do.