CES Motorsports teases Production N54 Twin Scroll turbo kit

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Today I was fortunate enough to get my hands on some teaser photos of the official production CES Motorsports N54 twin scroll turbo kit. After talking with John and hearing about what he has planned with this kit, it has exceeded my expectations and I was already high on it. @JohnCES is ready to begin the process of dropping the last details and I’m happy to get the ball rolling.

Here are some beauty shots of the manifold itself, which is CNC’d from billet steel and is therefore created with incredible accuracy and comparatively few welding joints:
full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

And here is a shot of the recirculating downpipe(they can make dump tube):
full.jpg

A few shots of the 4” intake pipe and 3” turbo intercooler hotside piping.
full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

And a couple of fit and finish photos of the piping and turbo:
full.jpg

full.jpg

Here is a dyno sheet comparison of a stock N54 with only an exhaust upgrade VS the CES Twin Scroll kit. At 3000 RPM a CES kit configured with a Gen 2 Garrett 35R is matching the power/torque of the OEM twins:
full.png

Currently the kit is designed for the Garrett GT35R DBB turbos with water and oil cooling. This means you’ve got the choice of four turbos: GT35R(650hp), GTX35R(750hp), Gen2 3582R(850hp) and Gen2 3584R(1000hp). If there is enough demand they will consider Precision Turbo fitments.

Intro pricing and pre-orders will begin very soon and there is still more news coming.

Bonus Pics:
1378-dbdff5c26572f767b0652bf3fa635cbc.jpg
1379-60dec5769c8a5cdb0dfd572c981cddf1.jpg
1380-ac75062a245e4fe4cbd24c699327583d.jpg
1381-b458de812f356dac064f942ba4b91864.jpg
1382-a34cd0f3cc76ad53f86ad563da722063.jpg
1383-19565a90697d04bdb70e73636f0add00.jpg

Last edited:

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
3 years too late and will probably be priced wrong like their other kits, just look at their website: http://cesmotorsport.com/documents/190.html

I expect they will try and sell for $6000 or more and have zero sales.

It should be $750 manifold + $2000 turbo + $1000 for downpipe, intake, oil & coolant fittings, motor mount + add margin. Almost everything is off the shelf except the downpipe, motor mount, and oil/coolant lines which they have to fabricate. Intake is probably just a 90 elbow pipe off the shelf just like the filter and silicone couplers as an example.

Last edited:
  • Dumb
Reactions: Rcboosted2007

E92-Ghandi

Corporal
Feb 25, 2018
Ride
2010 335i e92 DCT
3 years too late and will probably be priced wrong like their other kits. I expect they will try and sell for $6000 or more and have zero sales.

It should be $750 manifold + $2000 turbo + $500 for downpipe, intake, oil & coolant fittings + add margin.
I guess we'll have to wait more and see, my guess price will be 7000$

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
I guess we'll have to wait more and see, my guess price will be 7000$

Then just buy a proven Motiv Turbo kit? Their only market, in my opinion, is people who want a bottom mount turbo kit and are willing to pay a premium. So that means be below Motiv and above speedtech's cast solution.

E92-Ghandi

Corporal
Feb 25, 2018
Ride
2010 335i e92 DCT
To be honest i won't spend that much on a single turbo kit, following the thread for the speedtech and looks good so far with a fair price.

• Agree
Reactions: Torgus

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
To be honest i won't spend that much on a single turbo kit, following the thread for the speedtech and looks good so far with a fair price.

Yeah the speedtech kit is priced great. Instead of spending 4k on stock style twins(that will fail) and are limited in output you can spend a bit more and have a single turbo with as much headroom as you want and when that turbo fails it is a $700 rebuild(depending).

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
Yeah the speedtech kit is priced great. Instead of spending 4k on stock style twins(that will fail) and are limited in output you can spend a bit more and have a single turbo with as much headroom as you want and when that turbo fails it is a $700 rebuild(depending).
Oh go ahead and make the rest of us twin updaters feel bad :tonguewink:

Filippo

ShocknAwe

Captain
Jan 24, 2018
Charleston, SC
Ride
N54/3 1er ///Mutt

Speedtech kit is in a great spot for sales, but not all twins are failing these days. Some specific brands to stay away from, absolutely. *Cough cough*

This will likely be in the 6-8000 price range once factoring in all piping and the turbo. Even the speedtech kit got pricey once adding a half decent turbo to it. No offense on the low end BW offerings but I think my build estimate came in at nearly $4500 when I was pricing these out, and that's before adding O2s/Mac/etc...

• Agree
Reactions: Torgus

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5
Speedtech kit is in a great spot for sales, but not all twins are failing these days. Some specific brands to stay away from, absolutely. *Cough cough*

This will likely be in the 6-8000 price range once factoring in all piping and the turbo. Even the speedtech kit got pricey once adding a half decent turbo to it. No offense on the low end BW offerings but I think my build estimate came in at nearly $4500 when I was pricing these out, and that's before adding O2s/Mac/etc...
For 8 grand your getting real close to a Vegas stage 3 what's better then one ball bearing turbos

Two ball bearing turbos lmao
I know not best deal but that has got to be the most beautiful bottom mount setup ever to bad the only people who will ever see it are the ones Installing it .

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
Oh go ahead and make the rest of us twin updaters feel bad :tonguewink:

Filippo

Sorry, not my intention! There is 100% a place for twins in the market depending on your power goals and if you have E85 access. You also need to pick a high quality manufacturer given the labor involved if there is a failure.

For 8 grand your getting real close to a Vegas stage 3 what's better then one ball bearing turbos

Two ball bearing turbos lmao
I know not best deal but that has got to be the most beautiful bottom mount setup ever to bad the only people who will ever see it are the ones Installing it .

The unicorn kit that has been selling for years but no one other than the owner has installed? Best thing about the kit is it is no longer using VTT turbos and it's hard to F up the surrounding components. I'd still prefer a Motiv solution given the cost and not having to be associated with VTT.

I agree, RB and Pure I would trust on my ride. The others...you deserve what you get if you don't look around at a companies history. 3 sketchy ones come to mind right off the bat.

I would have no problem with the lower cost BW turbos. Most people don't need a DBB or water cooled turbo in all honestly. It's nice for bragging rights but real world street performance, meh. Competitively racing sure go for it.

The BW 369 SX-E for $3,900 is what I would pick up. $900 turbo that flows 5lbs more than a precision 6466. 950whp turbo. You can't beat the price and turbo selection of the speedtech kit, it is just fantastic. Or the slightly smaller 366 which flows more like a precision 6266.

The base kit is roughly 2,900k + the turbo you want if I remember their pricing correctly. $900 BW 369 or $2000 Precision 6466?

Last edited:

ShocknAwe

Captain
Jan 24, 2018
Charleston, SC
Ride
N54/3 1er ///Mutt
Sorry, not my intention! There is 100% a place for twins in the market depending on your power goals and if you have E85 access. You also need to pick a high quality manufacturer given the labor involved if there is a failure.

The unicorn kit that has been selling for years but no one other than the owner has installed? Best thing about the kit is it is no longer using VTT turbos and it's hard to F up the surrounding components. I'd still prefer a Motiv solution given the cost and not having to be associated with VTT.

I agree, RB and Pure I would trust on my ride. The others...you deserve what you get if you don't look around at a companies history. 3 sketchy ones come to mind right off the bat.

I would have no problem with the lower cost BW turbos. Most people don't need a DBB or water cooled turbo in all honestly. It's nice for bragging rights but real world street performance, meh. Competitively racing sure go for it.

The BW 369 SX-E for $3,900 is what I would pick up. $900 turbo that flows 5lbs more than a precision 6466. 950whp turbo. You can't beat the price and turbo selection of the speedtech kit, it is just fantastic. Or the slightly smaller 366 which flows more like a precision 6266.

The base kit is roughly 2,900k + the turbo you want if I remember their pricing correctly. $900 BW 369 or $2000 Precision 6466?

Really don't know why everyone creams their g strings over precision.

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
Really don't know why everyone creams their g strings over precision.

You got me and I own one of the damn things.

BW is what this platform should have designed around from day 1 for single turbos. $800 turbo or $2000 turbo that make the same HP and very similar spool? I am guessing significantly cheaper rebuilds too. Journal bearings work just fine see our stock turbos, all JB. It would of also put single kits significantly closer to twin upgrades from the get go. Only thing I can think of is they are a bit larger, iirc, than precisions so for top mounts maybe harder to fit. They still are not nearly as large as an EFR.

DBB: not needed on the street
Watercooled like garret: not needed on the street

BW has a great rep too better than precision in my opinion.

Clean WHP

Corporal
Apr 24, 2017
Ride
2010 135i Msport 6MT
looks really nice but im curious to see the inside of the manifold. also it would be a nice touch to see heat sinks built in for the 02 sensors. looks like it should be a good set up for spool