Challenge Extended...

dyezak

Major
May 4, 2017
Plano TX
Ride
335is
OK, so we can fiddle with the DME and the TCU now. Who smart enough to figure out tuning the DSC? Being able to control the e-diff, brake assist, traction control, stability control, etc would be great for track days.

bradsm87

Corporal
Dec 15, 2016
You certainly won't see anybody doing it commercially. The dangers of making a mistake could be deadly. Anything that messes with the brakes, I personally wouldn't touch and it'd be a legal nightmare for any company to do it.

dyezak

Major
May 4, 2017
Plano TX
Ride
335is
I tried really hard to remove the sarcasm from my post. I'll just delete the entire thing and say we already know how to disable all this stuff totally with coding. I'm just looking for next steps and not disable it, but tune it to work the way we want.

AzNdevil

Lieutenant
Staff member
Nov 4, 2016
Hong Kong
you can somehwat tune the traction control and disabling brake pre pump through dsc coding
not going to offer this as a service but its possible and i have tested it personally

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
you can somehwat tune the traction control and disabling brake pre pump through dsc coding
not going to offer this as a service but its possible and i have tested it personally
What exactly does that do?

AzNdevil

Lieutenant
Staff member
Nov 4, 2016
Hong Kong
What exactly does that do?
electronic nannies...when you are wot and lift and go for the brakes... the system precharges with pressure.... brake pedal feel will be completely different

also there are some others such as automatically application of brakes when the weather is wet to dry discs

there are some others...

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
DSC from the DME perspective is torque based. If people want to go through the trouble of accurately tuning their Load to Torque, and various torque factor / divisor tables, then perhaps the DSC %/NM reduction tables would be useful. Not trivial, but possible.

Reactions: 08_335i