Clutch Decisions

The Convert

Captain
Jun 4, 2017
Ride
Interested in hearing more feedback on the x clutch. My spec twin disc is the reason I hate driving my car anymore. I loved the car on the stock clutch, but can't stand how undrivable my twin disc is in comparison.

shushikiary

Sergeant
Jun 4, 2018
Ride
335xi
I find it very easy to drive on.

If you let the clutch out too fast it will grab VERY quickly. But if you let the clutch out at a pretty normal pace it does well. Once you learn right where the spot its going to grab is, you just approach it slowly and go through it a little slow and its all good. I find it very easy to drive. Note I have the twin disc ceramic, 6 puck each disc. Hell the clutch in my 2004 TJ is stiffer than it is.

So far it has less shudder when trying to engage lightly than my 3+ as well, but I only have 600 miles on it so far, and I dont have sprung hubs. My 3+ when I removed it had half of its rivets loose and so the plates would slide back and fourth about 5mm, it was toast.

They are very responsive over email and even asked for my feed back and some photos.

It came with very clear instructions, including how to put the TOB in properly, and the TOB is much better quality than the spec one, and the clutch alignment tool was a very nice metal one as well. Overall I'm just super impressed with the clutch and the company.

Its held very well in 4th 5th and 6th gear AWD at 26.5 PSI at 4500rpm held to redline at 5280 foot altitude on GC lite 2.0's so far.

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5
I just read the whole thread and bottom line this thread should be edited cause it's clearly advising people to screw fcp. No offense but If few stand up guys didnt stop it dead in its tracks you would had scam 101 in this thread and everyone bragging about how they saved money with some shady tactic. I wish I could trade in every part my build grows out of and almost everything on my car was an upgrade ,does that mean I can run 700hp on everything I bought when fbo def not and I have a basement full of parts to prove it .I could go fbo for free if I ever buy another n54.

Last edited:

The Convert

Captain
Jun 4, 2017
Ride
I find it very easy to drive on.

If you let the clutch out too fast it will grab VERY quickly. But if you let the clutch out at a pretty normal pace it does well. Once you learn right where the spot its going to grab is, you just approach it slowly and go through it a little slow and its all good. I find it very easy to drive. Note I have the twin disc ceramic, 6 puck each disc. Hell the clutch in my 2004 TJ is stiffer than it is.

So far it has less shudder when trying to engage lightly than my 3+ as well, but I only have 600 miles on it so far, and I dont have sprung hubs. My 3+ when I removed it had half of its rivets loose and so the plates would slide back and fourth about 5mm, it was toast.

They are very responsive over email and even asked for my feed back and some photos.

It came with very clear instructions, including how to put the TOB in properly, and the TOB is much better quality than the spec one, and the clutch alignment tool was a very nice metal one as well. Overall I'm just super impressed with the clutch and the company.

Its held very well in 4th 5th and 6th gear AWD at 26.5 PSI at 4500rpm held to redline at 5280 foot altitude on GC lite 2.0's so far.
What clutch are you talking about? You don't mention it once.

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
Over two years on the xtreme/xclutch organic twin plate and it's still flawless

We removed the engine for next round of mods and after inspecting the clutch, it looks perfect.

Clutch plates and plates show minimal wear after 20k of hard driving, 2 track days and a number of drag strip passes but no hard launches.

20200526_153446.jpg20200526_153456.jpg20200526_153516.jpg

Amasian

Mar 12, 2020
Over two years on the xtreme/xclutch organic twin plate and it's still flawless

We removed the engine for next round of mods and after inspecting the clutch, it looks perfect.

Clutch plates and plates show minimal wear after 20k of hard driving, 2 track days and a number of drag strip passes but no hard launches.

View attachment 38959View attachment 38960View attachment 38961
Nice... I will be installing mine next week. I am glad to hear from someone that has beat on theirs a bit. How much WHP and WTQ are you throwing at it?

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
630rwhp and around the same for wtq

Our dynos read way lower than dynojet so it's hard to compare but the car runs 128mph down the 1/4

Amasian

Mar 12, 2020
630rwhp and around the same for wtq

Our dynos read way lower than dynojet so it's hard to compare but the car runs 128mph down the 1/4

Perfect! That is the range I hope to be in. I researched a while before deciding on the Xclutch.

How is the feel and pedal height engagement on the twin organic? I went organic to hopefully make the car a little easier to daily.

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
At first it can be a little bitch.

After break in with lots traffic stop and starts of around 800miles it gets way better and the after 2000miles its like stock

Take your time breaking it in and don't launch it as its a street clutch

Pedal feel and hight is about the same

Amasian

Mar 12, 2020
At first it can be a little bitch.

After break in with lots traffic stop and starts of around 800miles it gets way better and the after 2000miles its like stock

Take your time breaking it in and don't launch it as its a street clutch

Pedal feel and hight is about the same

Good to hear it form someone other than a sales guy. Thanks for sharing.

• Funny
Reactions: Torgus