Coding no longer takes effect...

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
I just coded my car to remove TPMS and enable FTM. It worked fine - I removed the VO for TPMS and did the FA write. I made the coding changes for RDC and everything worked fine. FTM now shows in the Idrive.

When I did the FA write, that returned the other change I have coded to stock - digital speed. I've attempted numerous times to re-code it, but it never takes effect. In every instance, it says coding active, then coding ended and the car bings. Crank the car - no digital speed. Read the Kombi again - its still nicht_aktiv.

I've noticed there are 5 different Kombi ecus - 5 - 9. I've tried selecting each one individually to see if something is wrong with one of them, but before I code, I also validate the file and its never given me an error. I have received the following message, but only when choosing one of the KMBI_PL2.c0* -not when selecting CAS, then processing KOMBI, and reading it.

The message I get when using the .C0* Ecu is:

Error in CABD! Look at CABI.ERR and ERROR.LOG!
COAPI-2063: Eror on comparing/verifying coding data SG bereits auf andere FG-Nummer codier, Codierung abgebrochen
COAPI-2063: Error on comparing/verifying data SG_CODIEREN

I'm sure I must have messed something up when doing the TPMS disable, but not exactly sure what. Anyone have any pointers?

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
Were you using expert mode?

Yup. I have Joe's NCSExpert setup and I was using ExpertMode rather than CNCoding. I feel like a dummy because I think I did the same thing months ago, lol. Most instructions tell people to use some weird profile and they usually have expert mode in the name, so I figured, oh, expert mode is expert mode. Apparently not. :)

I've coded enough stuff now that I should know better, I just don't do it very often. Maybe once every 7 months or so.