N54 Configuring Syvecs for Speed-Density Fueling

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
I didn't have any issue running speed density with either the stock 0.2 to 2.5 bar or a bosch 0.2 to 3bar sensor I mentioned above. I never found a TMAP sensor that gets down to 0.2 low side and more than 3+ high side so if you want more boost and speed density tuning something like the AD-ENG solution would work fine.

Are you referring to their dual sensor harness that has a 5 bar connected to a couple of the leads and also the stock sensor connected(I think?)

rac

Sergeant
Nov 14, 2016
Australia
Ride
135i ST
Are you referring to their dual sensor harness that has a 5 bar connected to a couple of the leads and also the stock sensor connected(I think?)

Yes. You just need to take the temperature reading from the stock TMAP and leave it in the stock position, disregard the MAP reading from the TMAP (you could de-pin that wire), splice the +5V, GND and MAP wires over to any conventional MAP sensor (plumbed into the manifold). Its easy to find a 0 to 5bar MAP (or anything you like really) sensor with 0.5 to 4.xv linear calibration, not so easy to find an integrated TMAP that reads enough vacuum on idle and also reads high boost.