Crushing the BMW tax

Status
Not open for further replies.

shawnlofft

Feb 18, 2020
Hi Everyone,

After tons and tons of research, ordering and test fitting, and etc.

I’ve been debating on opening my own aftermarket parts company. I’ve gotten in touch with suppliers of bigger companies such as Vrsf and Burger Tuning. The truth is that these guys are making too much in profits off of all of us enthusiasts. Before people start bashing me - yes I know, that’s how business works.

Nonetheless I would like to begin offering products such as the infamous 7.5 inch intercooler, oil catch can, intakes, and turbo inlets to start off. My items would be the same quality as the big guys are selling. Just at fraction of the price.

Nothing personal against the bigger companies but I feel that it’s unethical to be selling intercoolers for $500-700 when at cost they are costing somewhere in the low $200’s range.

Customizing cars is a hobby and these aftermarket parts should NOT be costing more than your monthly estimated car payment.

Moving forward.
My question(s) for everyone would be :

Would you guys be interested in lower prices and the same exact product minus the Logos and Branding?

Is there still a market for these items? Or has everyone bought in and the craze for these aftermarket parts has simmered down?

This would be my first N54 platform based business so I’m honestly trying to weigh in on the feasibility. Please keep the bashing to a minimum as I know ya’ll can get mean on these forums :(

Last edited:

shawnlofft

Feb 18, 2020
Hi Everyone,

After tons and tons of research, ordering and test fitting, and etc.

I’ve been debating on opening my own aftermarket parts company. I’ve gotten in touch with suppliers of bigger companies such as Vrsf and Burger Tuning. The truth is that these guys are making too much in profits off of all of us enthusiasts. Before people start bashing me - yes I know, that’s how business works.

Nonetheless I would like to begin offering products such as the infamous 7.5 inch intercooler, oil catch can, intakes, and turbo inlets to start off. My items would be the same quality as the big guys are selling. Just at fraction of the price.

Nothing personal against the bigger companies but I feel that it’s unethical to be selling intercoolers for $500-700 when at cost they are costing somewhere in the low $200’s range.

Customizing cars is a hobby and these aftermarket parts should NOT be costing more than your monthly estimated car payment.

Moving forward.
My question(s) for everyone would be :

Would you guys be interested in lower prices and the same exact product minus the Logos and Branding?

Is there still a market for these items? Or has everyone bought in and the craze for these aftermarket parts has simmered down?

This would be my first N54 platform based business so I’m honestly trying to weigh in on the feasibility. Please keep the bashing to a minimum as I know ya’ll can get mean on these forums :(

Terry@BMS

Sergeant
Platinum Vendor
Jan 23, 2017
You and everyone else selling crap China parts on eBay, Amazon, and Alibaba. :)

You think it's easy to find good suppliers, order large enough quantities to have parts made to your specifications, eat all the mistakes/damaged parts that turn up, and stand behind them with customer support? Have at it. :)

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
There are costs to doing business and acquiring customers. You certainly didn't research those items prior to making this post.

Bnks334

Lieutenant
Dec 1, 2016
New York
Before people start bashing me - yes I

If people want the above items without the branding then they would just order through Alibaba or Ebay, right? You're basically saying you wan to start doing the same as [insert e8x/e9x vendor name here] lol. It's no secret half the crap people are selling is just generic stuff with a sticker slapped onto it. But i will acknowledge that many times it IS coming with custom brackets, hoses, etc to make it plug and play for whatever value that adds...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.