CTS-V brakes on e90 car has been done

BOosted 335i

Sergeant
Jun 1, 2017
New Jersey
Ride
E90 BMW 335i
I just found this guy selling a custom brake kit on the marketplace,
I checked pricing and the brake kit isn't expensive,seems you just need custom brackets to fit.anyone do this setup yet?is it more involved to make it fit.

Reactions: Torgus

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
I just found this guy selling a custom brake kit on the marketplace,
I checked pricing and the brake kit isn't expensive,seems you just need custom brackets to fit.anyone do this setup yet?is it more involved to make it fit.

Are you saying if you could get the brackets made you can buy those calipers cheap used and put this kit together for less than $3,500?

For $3,500 you can buy a full front and back used stoptech or brembo BBK made to fit our cars and our master cylinder. No worrying about brake bias being off, needing an m3 MC, where to get rebuild kits or other parts, what pads fit, replacement fiction disks, comes with SS brake lines that fit etc.

Also, the stock calipers are just fine for 90% of people, you can always put in an aggressive pad.

BOosted 335i

Sergeant
Jun 1, 2017
New Jersey
Ride
E90 BMW 335i
I did a search for brembo ctsv brakes and they came up 1500.00 front and rears.from looking at that ad,it states custom brackets to fit so what can custom brackets cost? But again maybe add the MISC parts also guess that could add up.
Yeah the stock brakes with good pads should do well enough with good brake fluid.i will go out on a limb here and I think people would buy more for its looks with the benefits of stopping power as a plus.

135iTX

Corporal
Dec 1, 2017
Ride
2009 135i
It looks like stock CTSV calipers with aftermarket rotors? Anyone know what they are? Could explain the extreme price for what you get.