Customizing Injector/Coilpack/waterpump harness questions - update: It's done now.

The Convert

Captain
Jun 4, 2017
Ride
Personally, of course, I disagree with this and I think most people will actually. Even though the coil harness shielding does look a bit meh, there is an overall net improvement simply by ditching the rats nest of wires intertwining the injectors and the pukey colored wiring insulation.

I'm interested in any information you have to share which may assist in doing this. If someone could come up with their own harness from the ECU box which replaces all the factory rubber tubing for something cleaner looking, I would be interested. The entire harness is a cascade of ugly, all the way to the wiring junction box under the intake manifold.

If someone could give measurements of wire lengths and all that stuff it might motivate me enough to go out and try to make my own even.
I would rather see raychem tubing, molded boots, and a multi pin firewall connector mounted on the ebox with all of the new harness ran in the spark plug valley to the back of the engine and around. That’s what I would do if I were to remake mine.

Reactions: doublespaces

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
I would rather see raychem tubing, molded boots, and a multi pin firewall connector mounted on the ebox with all of the new harness ran in the spark plug valley to the back of the engine and around. That’s what I would do if I were to remake mine.
Definitely agree with that. My car is down so much, I may even tackle this myself. I have zero experience with racing style harnesses though so I'm going to have to do sum learning.

The Convert

Captain
Jun 4, 2017
Ride
Definitely agree with that. My car is down so much, I may even tackle this myself. I have zero experience with racing style harnesses though so I'm going to have to do sum learning.
Do some rywire vid searches. He usually lets out some tid bits of knowledge, and you get good visuals of super clean harness design. I found a great site a few years back with tons of info on products and methods, but didn’t bookmark it and can’t remember what it was to save my life.

Reactions: doublespaces

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Do some rywire vid searches. He usually lets out some tid bits of knowledge, and you get good visuals of super clean harness design. I found a great site a few years back with tons of info on products and methods, but didn’t bookmark it and can’t remember what it was to save my life.

Have just been reading and trying to absorb this: https://www.rbracing-rsr.com/wiring_ecu.html