Ad: DAW turbos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffman

Major
Jan 7, 2017
Would anyone be interested in a group buy for these turbos?
I saw this recently over at E90Post. Possible serious competition to the turbo sponsors on this forum. (@doublespaces take note). VehicularDIY guy on YouTube posted a review of the turbos prior to installing them, and just posted a DIY showing his install. Personally, I’m waiting to see more reviews before committing to purchase them.

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
I saw this recently over at E90Post. Possible serious competition to the turbo sponsors on this forum. (@doublespaces take note). VehicularDIY guy on YouTube posted a review of the turbos prior to installing them, and just posted a DIY showing his install. Personally, I’m waiting to see more reviews before committing to purchase them.
Same a friend of mine just bought the 825rs for his e90 AT so I will be seeing how he likes them first before I decide to pull the trigger as well but for what there priced at it's very competitive and Intriguing.

Jeffman

Major
Jan 7, 2017
I’m also AT and xi. I was thinking maybe the 750RS when I upgrade. Not sure of the differences between the two but I don’t want to cook my 6HP21 and I love fast spool / instant torque, so I’m thinking about the smaller ones.

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
I’m also AT and xi. I was thinking maybe the 750RS when I upgrade. Not sure of the differences between the two but I don’t want to cook my 6HP21 and I love fast spool / instant torque, so I’m thinking about the smaller ones.
I thought getting the 825rs was a pretty bold move on his part considering he has a AT but I believe he will tune them conservative but I believe the major differences are just how much power you can make I feel like the 750rs would be perfect for quick spool and more compatible with a AT without killing it with to much torque. I will have him update this thread with logs once he receives and installs them

Reactions: Jeffman

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
I have a buddy who has been running these turbos all summer and from what I have seen, they are great. Time will tell but he is hard on them.
Do you know if he is running the 750rs or the 825rs?

Oct 24, 2016
Scottsdale, AZ
Straight from Alibaba to your doorstep by way of DAW... I wonder how many more companies are going to continue to laser their logos into the same turbos?

TD04L turbine wheels and super aggressive extended-tip 11 blade wheels in non-ported housings do not play well. This is a lesson learned 6 years ago, but they will figure it out soon enough when they all come back with worn-out thrusts.

Along similar lines (lack of familiarity), that's why they offer a 335 rear coolant line. Alibaba did not understand 135/535/Z4/RHD use a different rear turbo -if you go through every vendor, and see how many offer their "new" turbos in a real 135/535/Z4/RHD rear unit, you will find none of them do. We have them because we have all our own compressor housings cast with our logo in them, including the proper rear housing. We also build all Stage 2, and 2+ units in house.

Chris

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
Straight from Alibaba to your doorstep by way of DAW... I wonder how many more companies are going to continue to laser their logos into the same turbos?

TD04L turbine wheels and super aggressive extended-tip 11 blade wheels in non-ported housings do not play well. This is a lesson learned 6 years ago, but they will figure it out soon enough when they all come back with worn-out thrusts.

Along similar lines (lack of familiarity), that's why they offer a 335 rear coolant line. Alibaba did not understand 135/535/Z4/RHD use a different rear turbo -if you go through every vendor, and see how many offer their "new" turbos in a real 135/535/Z4/RHD rear unit, you will find none of them do. We have them because we have all our own compressor housings cast with our logo in them, including the proper rear housing. We also build all Stage 2, and 2+ units in house.

Chris
Thank you for hijacking the thread obviously you guys over at vtt have none of your own products to sell but only bash other vendors products. Getting the thread back on track I have the group buy information for anyone who is interested.

1-2 sets 2175.00

3-5 sets 1995.00

6+ sets 1850.00

Exhaust manifold coating in high temp would be 145.00 a set instead of 199.00 & the compressor covers 50.00 a set.

KevinC39

Corporal
Jun 27, 2017
Ride
335i
Been researching all turbo routes and options just made an account last night not like I've never been on a forum before

It's just that no one knows anything about you, this company, or these turbos so they'd have to take a pretty big risk to hand over money. It just seems fishy when someone joins and starts pushing an unknown product out of nowhere. That's all. Good luck with the group buy

buster84

Corporal
Mar 24, 2018
Ride
335 bmw xdrive
The same thing happened on e90, highly promoted by the same people who have new accounts. They appeared to have bought them at least, but the same can be said when Frankensteien turbos came out. After 6 months of users installing these the stories will come out because the labor on turbo Install is a I'll do once kinda of thing and the second time I'm going to be very mad especially if it doesnt last a year.

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH

Chris

Is all you do cast shade, spread Fear Uncertainly and Doubt, and shit post in every thread that could take a single sale away from you? See the new m18 valve cover, Spool HPFP product, any twin turbo thread, etc. Talk about unprofessional.

Why can't VTT just stay out of threads that have NOTHING to do with your company? What do you care or have to lose? If the product is shit the market will quickly learn.

Your post lose more sales then you will gain from shit posting constantly and being negative about the competition. I seriously think Tony now posts for Chris given the negativity & ignorance in basically every post.

edit: In no way am I endorsing this product mind you. Every knows I think singles are the way to go. Size it correctly for your application & fuel and have fun. Strangely you have yet to hear of a ton of failures of the Alibaba/ebay turbos on the forums and they have been out for what 2+ years right?

After 6 months of users installing these the stories will come out because the labor on turbo Install is a I'll do once kinda of thing and the second time I'm going to be very mad especially if it doesnt last a year.

Then they sell their MMPs etc. freshly refurbished and buy a single turbo or leave the platform burnt from dropping thousands on shit products.

Last edited:

JuniorB

Sergeant
May 9, 2017
Rhode Island
Ride
07 e60
I see another e90 post of two enthusiastic wingmen promoting someone else’s product. Can’t wait to hear how they were the first, best, and only ones who ever done this to the same turbo, everyone has in there inventory lineup!

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Would anyone be interested in a group buy for these turbos?

If they would like to organize a sale on this forum they are free to do so themselves. Having someone else post for them out of kindness isn't a path to bypassing the forum's advertising rules. If you're interested in seeing them on the board have them get in touch with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.