DAW turbos

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
Welp the DAW thread on the other forum got shut down due in part to some of our favorites in this thread. So I guess I'll keep this thread updated with my install and tuning progress of the Stage 2+.

It got deleted. Not shut down. BIG difference. That only happens when someone pays E90 to do so. Wonder who would pay for a thread to be deleted and why?

They do not want the information on the thread available to be read or searched. Hence it being deleted and not simply closed. It's almost like there is a fact or two they REALLY did not want public.

Dynamic Autowerks n54 turbos - BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum ...
https://www.e90post.com › forums › showthread

Sep 18, 2018 - Dynamic Autowerks n54 turbos N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i.

Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

image.jpg
Database error the database has encountered a problem.
Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the cdn.bimmerpost.com home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
The cdn.bimmerpost.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.
We apologise for any inconvenience.

All gone!

3475749.jpg

Last edited:

nyt

Sergeant
Sep 15, 2019
Ride
2010 335xi
Since there's lots of nonsense going around about high boost and low duty cycle, here's an actual log from DAW stage 2s. 24psi at 80% wgdc.

3pTmQuR.png

• Informative
Reactions: Torgus and SlimE92

Eyelobes

Corporal
Apr 23, 2019
Ride
2007 e90 335i
Sorry, I don't forum much besides light reading. So that is interesting, definitely some sort of vestment to see it shut down.

Anywho, got the rest of my stuff from DAW. Install kit has everything except downpipe to mid pipe gasket, comes with water pump bolts. Vrsf oem located inlets, but their outlets are backordered. So he helped me with a wrinkle black VTT outlet that has a heat blanket for the silicone so I didn't have to wait.
20191022_172618.jpg

Reactions: Torgus

Eyelobes

Corporal
Apr 23, 2019
Ride
2007 e90 335i
Since there's lots of nonsense going around about high boost and low duty cycle, here's an actual log from DAW stage 2s. 24psi at 80% wgdc.

View attachment 32380

Nice find, who's car is this and what are the running (octane, meth, PI, e85 %). Genuinely interested in how much power this is making with what mods to see where I could stand.

nyt

Sergeant
Sep 15, 2019
Ride
2010 335xi
Nice find, who's car is this and what are the running (octane, meth, PI, e85 %). Genuinely interested in how much power this is making with what mods to see where I could stand.

Friends car, running Helix and E50 IIRC. It used to have PI but was removed due to issues. Probably making somewhere around 550 to the wheels at those boost levels, but hasn't been on a dyno yet. Rear turbo just failed recently :/

Eyelobes

Corporal
Apr 23, 2019
Ride
2007 e90 335i
Honestly if I could get that or better on meth (no e85 here) I'd be super happy, especially for cheaper than oem replacement from FCP

N54rsenal

Private
Dec 11, 2018
Ride
2010 335i M Sport LCI
If you really want to get twins these are hard to beat at the price and come with a 3year warranty. I personally would go single because when the twins fail its not just a simple turbo swap and you're out almost 2-3k which could have been spent into a single turbo kit.

Cons of twins are:
Aftermarket outlet pipes always getting boost leaks at the center silicone joiner hose between the aluminum pipes, more clamps or a longer silicone joiner might resolve that, this is with the VRSF N54 Aluminum Turbo Outlet Charge Pipe.
All have journal bearings
They make a lot of heat
Too much low end torque will bend rods
More stress on automatics
It seems like twins are disposable if they fail after warranty nobody will rebuild them
20-40 labor hours to replace them if dropping subframe
Wastegate rattle
More areas to have leaks
Two points of failure
Less induction noise vs a single
Bottom or top mount would be better if the turbo failed as it would only take a few hours to replace it and would make you hate the car less and keep it longer. But these DAW turbos are very temping for the performance they deliver and combined with the Helix hpfp overdrive upgrade they will get you going fast really soon.

I like how you can limit boost by gear with the twins to limit wheelspin for best acceleration, is that possible with single turbo since no one uses the stock electronic boost solenoids which move the wastegates?

Last edited:

Eyelobes

Corporal
Apr 23, 2019
Ride
2007 e90 335i
This isn't a twin vs single, it even twin vs twin thread though. It's for information and reviews of DAW turbos.

Not sure on the boost control question though

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
It's also pretty obvious that the other forum is heavily sponsored by the likes of VRSF and some other vendors. They don't allow any criticism or promotion of other vendors on the forum. Real KGB stuff going on there.

We have certain rules in place as well in the name of maintaining balance and a sense a civility, but we don't delete things.. We move it to the place where it is allowed/sanctioned as we have a place for pretty much anything within reason. So people can cry about our censorship but in reality, they just have no respect for the rules. That, or they don't have the mental capacity to comprehend that complaints go in the complaints section.

When I have vendors who don't cooperate in this way, it becomes easy to see they don't want to post in the complaints section where it might get less eyeballs because they want to cause as much grief and pain as possible for the other vendor. Their actions aren't an indicator of the good Samaritan in them giving the community a friendly heads up...This is about them and their money, and probably some revenge and personal vendetta mixed in there. It has absolutely nothing to do with the well being of you or me or anyone else.

Last edited:
Reactions: NoGuru

Eyelobes

Corporal
Apr 23, 2019
Ride
2007 e90 335i
Quick question, what was the parent company of DAW, I have seen it before but I don't remember, the one that has been making Audi turbos it whatever.

Edit: It was ARDesign

Last edited:

ShocknAwe

Captain
Jan 24, 2018
Charleston, SC
Ride
N54/3 1er ///Mutt
Quick question, what was the parent company of DAW, I have seen it before but I don't remember, the one that has been making Audi turbos it whatever.

Edit: It was ARDesign

Proof? I find it hard to believe that AR has anything to do with this.

Eyelobes

Corporal
Apr 23, 2019
Ride
2007 e90 335i
Just what I've seen earlier, and from an eBay invoice in the DAS vendor thread.

Eyelobes

Corporal
Apr 23, 2019
Ride
2007 e90 335i
Ok so they are from turbo Technics. Here is their reply

"They 100% are not coming out of my factory,
We sell the machines world wide and with that logo on, would likely to be a company in china with a very old machine , or fake balance sheets
All our machines we have sold worldwide since 2005 prompt you to put in your details of your company on the sheet – IE not say turbo technics.
The all machines older than 2005 are no longer supported any longer so will no longer be able to be maintained, so the either calibrators will not be intolerance.
So in effect, - its tolerances could be out – it could be fake – graph maybe wrong – maybe a graph from a completely different turbo – I wouldn’t know"

This was sent by Ryan Edwards, their senior turbo sales executive.

Edit - Grammar and quotation

Last edited:
Reactions: nyt

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5
Ok so they is from turbo Technics.

They 100% are not coming out of my factory,
We sell the machines world wide and with that logo on, would likely to be a company in china with a very old machine , or fake balance sheets
All our machines we have sold worldwide since 2005 prompt you to put in your details of your company on the sheet – IE not say turbo technics.
The all machines older than 2005 are no longer supported any longer so will no longer be able to be maintained, so the either calibrators will not be intolerance.
So in effect, - its tolerances could be out – it could be fake – graph maybe wrong – maybe a graph from a completely different turbo – I wouldn’t know
You should edit typo and add quotation marks to make things clearer for people that don't realize you were posting an email from a company.

• Agree
Reactions: SlimE92