DBV2 Twin Scroll Bottom Mount

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
I'm actually looking at the N55 exhaust, there really isn't as much single pipe section as I thought.

But my original point, was that the only reason to go back to dual exhaust at the midpipe, would be to fit the factory provision. I don't think I've seen anyone come from a single downpipe and go to duals with a custom midsection.

The Convert

Captain
Jun 4, 2017
Ride
I'm actually looking at the N55 exhaust, there really isn't as much single pipe section as I thought.

But my original point, was that the only reason to go back to dual exhaust at the midpipe, would be to fit the factory provision. I don't think I've seen anyone come from a single downpipe and go to duals with a custom midsection.

Now you have.
IMG_0969.JPG
IMG_0976.JPG
IMG_1003.JPG

• Funny
Reactions: doublespaces

John@DBV2

Sergeant
Jan 23, 2017
Yeah if someone wants another setup, say for example a single exhaust they would have to do that themselves. No way could we guarantee fitment without actually having it to test with.

Duals just makes sense from a production standpoint.

ShocknAwe

Captain
Jan 24, 2018
Charleston, SC
Ride
N54/3 1er ///Mutt
It'd be nice to do a single 3-3.5" mid, but I don't want to lose my secondary cats. Just a sound thing too I'd think, not sure what kind of gains are really there for mid/axleback work.

John@DBV2

Sergeant
Jan 23, 2017
I removed my secondary cats and honestly I fell in love with the exhaust note even more.

Running the Eisenmann Race Exhaust, catless DP and secondary mid delete. Sounded awesome. Can’t wait to hear it with the single though.

chadillac2000

Corporal
Oct 26, 2017
NC
Ride
2008 BMW 135i
I removed my secondary cats and honestly I fell in love with the exhaust note even more.

Running the Eisenmann Race Exhaust, catless DP and secondary mid delete. Sounded awesome. Can’t wait to hear it with the single though.

That will sound great no doubt. The single gives it so much more of a snarl. Might as well save some weight and delete the radio and speakers, you won't be needing them anymore.

John@DBV2

Sergeant
Jan 23, 2017
That will sound great no doubt. The single gives it so much more of a snarl. Might as well save some weight and delete the radio and speakers, you won't be needing them anymore.
Lmao man I’m so deep into this car, why the hell not. I’m an enthusiast just like everyone else here. Just want to contribute a bit to the community and have some fun in the process. I have wet dreams about this thing finally running hahah

Reactions: chadillac2000

ShocknAwe

Captain
Jan 24, 2018
Charleston, SC
Ride
N54/3 1er ///Mutt

Bet that sounds amazing. I tried the N55 mids a long while back, exhaust gases reeked a bit too much for my taste given all the traffic I sit in. Sounded good though.

John@DBV2

Sergeant
Jan 23, 2017
Yeah I get quite a bit of smell but I just tell myself it smells good and now my brain thinks it does lmao

The Convert

Captain
Jun 4, 2017
Ride
I should have added, with custom flanges, as this would require a new downpipe anyway. Meaning, if this kit comes with a dual downpipe, you can bet it will fit stock exhaust. Just reiterating.
I'd agree with all that. We need a thumbs up emoji btw.